RORY GALLAGHER Tribute Video's COVER SONGS

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Re: RORY GALLAGHER Tribute Video's COVER SONGS

Postby M.felix » 24 Apr 2017, 23:27

Awesome guitar shredding here from LA band "Interstate Blues" with Shadow Play

Are you sure you're a fan of Rory?
M.felix

Postby Jay Jay » 25 Apr 2017, 13:53

M.felix wrote:
Awesome guitar shredding here from LA band "Interstate Blues" with Shadow Play

Are you sure you're a fan of Rory?

Been a fan of the great man for 45 years.. and was lucky enough to see Rory Gallagher Live 25 times...I've got 2 signed RG albums..I got 31 Rory T shirts and check shirts.. Plus have managed and seen more RG tribute bands than probably anyone on the planet...
So I guess I qualify as a Rory fan, hey M.fellix?
Rory Shamrock Tattoo.jpg

RORY GALLAGHER FAN FOREVER!

What's Going On in your mind to not like this cover of Shadow Play by Interstate Blues band :?:
and are you sure you are a Rory fan felix :?:
Jay Jay

Postby willie the pimp » 26 Apr 2017, 04:07

Good version, true to the original and in the Rory spirit. Yes it's not Rory playing guitar, but what's not to like? It's 2017 and bands are still playing his songs.
willie the pimp

Postby capo » 26 Apr 2017, 18:12

I like this version of "Shadow Play" very much!
Gee Jay Jay, I think, really, that you are the last person on Earth that should have to offer their 'credentials' as proof you are a Rory fan! Your second only to Donal! :) Peace.
capo

Postby M.felix » 26 Apr 2017, 23:59

If I were not a fan I would never ask you this question and I did not like this masturbatory version of Shadow Play.

Why did you think I was a man? Where did this idea come from?

And I do not regret asking the question what I should have done was to wait a few more days to see if Willie and Capo were going to come out in favor of the band version without my comments and without their complaints.

M.felix

Postby willie the pimp » 27 Apr 2017, 04:22

M.felix wrote:If I were not a fan I would never ask you this question and I did not like this masturbatory version of Shadow Play.

And I do not regret asking the question what I should have done was to wait a few more days to see if Willie and Capo were going to come out in favor of the band version without my comments and without their complaints.

What complaints?
willie the pimp

Postby Jay Jay » 27 Apr 2017, 08:22

M.felix wrote:If I were not a fan I would never ask you this question and I did not like this masturbatory version of Shadow Play.

You are quite entitled to your opinion M.Felix. That's what this forum is here for us all to debate and offer all our different opinions..

Yet please do not use abusive or derogatory language about other musical artists. As it says in the rules here..

"Offer your opinions WITHOUT ATTACKING other MEMBERS or ARTISTS"

You picked out two of Rory's older versions of Shadow Play there, the second one not even having a first solo break as the original on Photo Finish. This one's for me is more appropriate to compare with "Interstate Blues" version we are debating in it's content ;)

PS. Can you point out where I mention your gender?
Jay Jay

Postby M.felix » 28 Apr 2017, 00:59

I did not post because of the guitar solos, Rory is playing with his stomach are the versions that I like and the version of the band my previous comments are already more than enough and I will not keep repeating I prefer the words of the guitarist that he posted On Facebook page its version of Shadow Plays, I saw more of Rory's spirit in his words than in the version of the song, then it was a good solo, as a fan I try to see beyond the solos.

It was on Facebook that you thought I was a man.
M.felix

Postby Jay Jay » 28 Apr 2017, 08:08

Jay Jay wrote:Can you point out where I mention your gender?
M.felix wrote:It was on Facebook that YOU thought I was a man.

SO you were wrong and accusing me HERE on this Rory forum of something that another guy said on Facebook / fleecebook :(..
Where they have no rules like here. Read the rules here on this link again please Monica Felix.
styles/rules.png

This time you only get a warning for breaking the forum rules. Next time if you post wrongful and disrespectful words about other members or artists..
You will get a ban from RORY'S LT forum for these actions

Please post carefully from now on
JJ Joyce (moderator)
Jay Jay

Postby M.felix » 29 Apr 2017, 02:50

Feel free to apply the ban, that's fine with me.
M.felix

PreviousNext

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES