VIRTUAL REALITY RORY GALLAGHER CONCERT EXPERIENCE?

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

VIRTUAL REALITY RORY GALLAGHER CONCERT EXPERIENCE?

Postby SUBY1974 » 01 Nov 2016, 23:33

Abba recently announced a virtual reality concert experience for their fans, who never saw them. I had this experience with a recent Rolling Stone concert at their recent exhibition in the summer. We loved it!!

I have this feeling, I don't know what Rory would have made of it. ;) However for fans like myself who never saw Rory live ( because we were too young etc), a virtual reality Rory concert would be the next best thing perhaps?? Something that Donal and Daniel might consider at RG Towers HQ?

The concert would feel as if it is a real Rory Gallagher show experience but really it isn't. It would be the next best thing. I mean we could be at Taste IOW 1971 or Rory and his band at the Rock Goes To College 1979 ; Montreux 1975 etc. It would be in 3D or 4D. One could be on stage and see Rory play or have an eagle-eye view of the concert.

Eventually I would love to go back in time to see Rory and his concerts for real. Maybe Quantum Physics will make that possible. I would say hi to Rory but not interfere in past events. Even better, it would be great to see Rory one day for real and see his future concerts. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I could play guitar with him on stage.... :D

However the virtual experience would be the first step in the right direction. Oops 10.44 just showed up on my clock. :lol:

Rollings Stones did their virtual reality concert because they know some fans can't afford the high prices for their tickets!! They never reduce them. Do they really need the money?? :?

Anyway any thoughts RG fans? Subrata.x

Abba Virtual Concert:-
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/ ... er?0p19G=c

I still remember when my brother and I thought our parents had groovy taste in music. They love and still love ABBA. LOL. Well they are a good band. They use to play it in their car and eighties stereo all the time.
Last edited by SUBY1974 on 02 Nov 2016, 00:14, edited 2 times in total.
SUBY1974

Re: VIRTUAL REALITY RORY GALLAGHER CONCERT EXPERIENCE?

Postby SUBY1974 » 02 Nov 2016, 00:11

I just wanted to say I would still see the Rory tribute bands, as they give wonderful performances and keep Rory's music alive. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 02 Nov 2016, 02:18

That would be interesting if it could be done. It would take a high quality video or film and some talented CGI people to really make it work, and most of the time the 3d effect falls flat. I would like to see the IOW on a decent screen with surround sound in a full theater, IMAX or so, that is probably as close as you can get these days. When I first got the Bluray disc of IOW I did that, watched it on the big screen in the living room with the surround sound on, and loud. Was good for me. :)

I wasn't able to do Ballyshannon last year, but I heard they did a screening of it there. That would be a nice tradition, to have a high quality screening of Taste at the IOW at Ballyshannon in addition to the tribute bands. I hope they consider doing that. It really is an outstanding performance, and helps remind the younger fans just why us old timers still go to such lengths to remember.

RobertaSparrow

Postby M.felix » 02 Nov 2016, 02:43

TARDIS, Youtube and Rockpalast
M.felix

Postby SUBY1974 » 05 Nov 2016, 17:44

I think the Taste IOW 1970 would be an excellent choice for a virtual reality Rory and Taste concert experience.
At first I was going to see the Blu Ray DVD on my small portable DVD player. My brother goes why would I want to do that for? I mean Rory fans have waited 45 years to see the concert footage, so my brother was right to say we should watch it in
style.
I soon found out that my portable DVD player does not play Blue Ray.!!Only Dolby digital. So like you, Cynthia we watched it on the huge digital TV.
OMG!!! After the concert, I felt I had been transported to heaven and back. I was so overwhelmed that I could not write a review for days. The power of Taste and Rory playing was just well OMG. Just incredible. My brother too was left speechless.
I have never felt like that since Queen and Live Aid.
Anyway Taste IOW DVD would be a good choice IMO. Subrata.xxx
SUBY1974

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES