The Anniversary of Monica's Passing

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

The Anniversary of Monica's Passing

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Aug 2016, 04:28

11 years ago today Rory's mother Monica passed away.

I've been "thinking about eternity" a lot lately, about life, death, and what happens before and after. My mother just passed away. She'd been ill for quite a while, so I expected it, but then again, I didn't quite expect it as I thought.

In the scheme of things, if all "goes to plan," we all lose our parents some day- some sooner than later. And our contemporaries, siblings, friends, as life goes on, we all mark those passings as well. Life partners, too- Losing one's life partner, I cannot imagine how I'd cope. But we know, one will pass before the other, unless you happen to be both traveling in the same unfortunate plane, train, or automobile, etc, at the time the bell tolls, the odds are 50/50. Those milestones are painful, no matter whether one expects it or not.

But for a parent to lose a child, that isn't how it's ever supposed to be. No matter that child's age, the saddest marking of time is when a parent must bury their own child. It matters little at what age. The heartbreak a parent goes through?

Be at peace Monica. You and Rory.
RobertaSparrow

Re: The Anniversary of Monica's Passing

Postby capo » 15 Aug 2016, 05:05

Knowing how close they were in life, it is so fitting that they now, and forever, lay side by side together in beautiful St. Oliver's Cemetery.Peace on both of them.
capo

Postby SUBY1974 » 15 Aug 2016, 21:07

RIP Monica. Thankyou and Rory's father for sharing your amazing son Rory with the world and supporting his musical vocation. He brought millions of people so much happiness in the world. May his music legacy live on. May you and Rory RIP. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Jay Jay » 17 Aug 2016, 09:04

R.i.P. together Monica & Rory
Jay Jay

Postby Annie Elliott » 21 Aug 2016, 05:16

Rest in peace Monica.
Annie Elliott

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES