Obscure Rare Rory / Taste TV footage 1969

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Re: Obscure Rare Rory / Taste TV footage

Postby Sid_Sidow » 24 Jun 2016, 20:37

Definitely a combination of TASTEful and creepy!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Re: Another Obscure Rory/Taste clip

Postby SUBY1974 » 25 Jun 2016, 20:32

Its true, have never seen a custard pudding or custard tart look like that Ailish. :lol: :lol: :lol: But Ciaseattle you are right, when you say the art object looks incomplete.

Ciaseattle that is rather rude of the guy to bring out another screen to show a game instead of your ex's band. I also noticed in some TOTP clips from the 70s, they always liked to show the musicians backs!

Anyway I am glad the youth of the 50s,60s and 70s tried new and wonderful things. Why? Because today we would never have variety and differents ways of thinking. I don't like conforming to a certain way of things. I am open-minded. Thanks to Rory's youth generation, I am lucky to have so much choice and freedom. Thats why I love hippies and I am still a hippie at heart.I was more of a nineties/hippie /ecowarrior in the day. I still am .Subrata.x. :mrgreen

I am watching Glastonbury festival at the moment. I love the band James and the Foals performance. X
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 25 Jun 2016, 20:43

I am not a woman of Rory's time and he always looked good until he became unwell. But even then, his beautiful personality and goodness shone through always.
Today, I wish so much he would have been a healthy happy 68year old with grey hair as well. I actually love Rory older and maturer. This is because I view him as my elder.
However in 1970 , he did indeed looked so handsome and angelic. He was very photogenic. I have rarely seen a man that photogenic. Its almost like he was touched by the Gods. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby CiaSeattle » 25 Jun 2016, 22:15

Lol Suby, I guess you can think of me as an elder too, I was born the same year as Rory. :P

To me, he was most handsome in his mid 30's. He was a beautiful boy, but I love the more square jawline and the laugh lines around his eyes, plus the touch of grey in his hair. The photo on the back of the Marcus Connaughton book is one of my all-time favorites.

I still wonder why he decided to start dyeing his hair, it seems a bit out of character for Rory. Perhaps he thought with grey hair he wouldn't appeal to the younger crowd.
CiaSeattle

Postby RobertaSparrow » 26 Jun 2016, 10:35

CiaSeattle wrote:Lol Suby, I guess you can think of me as an elder too, I was born the same year as Rory. :P

To me, he was most handsome in his mid 30's. He was a beautiful boy, but I love the more square jawline and the laugh lines around his eyes, plus the touch of grey in his hair. The photo on the back of the Marcus Connaughton book is one of my all-time favorites.

I still wonder why he decided to start dyeing his hair, it seems a bit out of character for Rory. Perhaps he thought with grey hair he wouldn't appeal to the younger crowd.

First time I saw him on stage was late '73? Early 74? I'd heard him play before, on records and radio, but never saw him. It's different from now. Nowadays, you hear an artist on the radio, or at a friend's house, and pull up YouTube, you can see the artist, so when you go to see them live on stage, you know pretty much enough to match the visual of the artist's performance from the music you've heard. But the first time I saw Rory play I had no idea who that voice and guitar were attached to. When I saw Rory step on stage and start playing that familiar sound, I was speechless. He was so young and incredibly handsome, but also, there was a sort of calming sweetness, kindness in his demeanor. I didn't see him live and on stage in the 80s or 90s, but a couple of decades later I saw those later performances on computer. He was so obviously ill in those later performances, but he still had a sweet handsomeness about him.

Rory had gorgeous dark hair. Seems I read somewhere that Rory was one of those people who started greying prematurely. That tends to run in families.

If you start greying really young, it's almost a given that you're going to want to cover it. My hair was nearly black to start, but I began to get grey hair in my teens. A lot of people start greying at a really young age, when it's awkward, not because you're getting older and greying, but because you feel you're way too young to have grey hair, and once you start coloring it, you pretty much have to keep coloring it. That's what I did, because when I was 19, grey hair just stands out too much. If you decide to stop coloring it, well, then you have to pretty much stay with the grey.

If Rory had started greying in his teens, I can see him covering it. But then you more or less need to decide to actually let it go grey. Stop coloring it then, and it will appear to go grey all at once. I think he kept coloring it later simply because he was used to it by then, it was easier to stay with it.

Doesn't matter. He was always an attractive man. Oh yeah. :)

RobertaSparrow

Postby Sid_Sidow » 26 Jun 2016, 15:56

My mother used to tease me about starting to turn grey in my early 30's.
I told her that I DIDN'T care if it turned grey. I just wanted it to stay attached to my head! (My father was quite bald)

LOVED the Don Kirshner IN CONCERT clip!! This is where I first saw/heard Rory. Immediately loved the sound, the voice, the look. It was only many years later that I realized it was about this time when I started parting my hair in the middle. And to this day I still part (what's left) the same way. Did not yet realize how he had affected me so much.......

In my small town I did not access to a good record store. It took a few months of searching to find 'Tattoo' and 'Irish Tour 74' but these are STILL my favorite today. The 40th anniversary re-issue is such a treat!!
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Postby M.felix » 26 Jun 2016, 16:37

good to see pictures of Taste, I love seeing Rory in the career beginning but this video is bad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M.felix

Postby ailish78 » 27 Jun 2016, 10:23

Yes he's definitely handsome on the back cover of the Connaughton book. I don't think he should have dyed his hair. It just looked too false to me. And as you get older, black is the wrong colour to dye your hair. It just ages you more. There is one concert in which his hair looks really black. It must have been when he just dyed it. However he was still a good-looking man right to the very end. Even although he was ill in the very last video interview at the hotel, he looks so good here. Oh how my heart aches when I see this. He had so much to live for. (sigh). Sorry for being off topic. :(
ailish78

Postby SUBY1974 » 29 Jun 2016, 22:01

CiaSeattle wrote:Lol Suby, I guess you can think of me as an elder too, I was born the same year as Rory. :P

I am no spring chicken meself these days but my mother always reminds me that I can never catch up with her in age and experience. She is six months older then Rory. I guess I still see her generation as 'the wise ones". :lol: :lol:
I use to love talking and chatting with my hippie lecturers at Uni over 20yrs ago .Recently my Uni friends ( I am still I'm touch with a few of them),were saying it would be great to meet up with our lecturers for coffee and a chat. They are now retired I believe.
Rory needn't have dyed his hair IMO. However I love the early 1980 photos of him. There were periods in the 90s he looked fine and very handsome as well. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Re: Obscure Rare Rory / Taste TV footage 1969

Postby Jay Jay » 11 Oct 2016, 11:38

ailish78 wrote:It was already put up on here Jay Jay. I'm sure this is where I saw it and there was a lot of comments on it too. I also commented on it. It goes back a few months now if you want to check your archives.

Hi Ailish, you're quite correct :oops: Cynthia put it up some time ago :oops:
Jay Jay

PreviousNext

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES