Obscure Rare Rory / Taste TV footage 1969

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Obscure Rare Rory / Taste TV footage 1969

Postby RobertaSparrow » 23 Jun 2016, 17:00

I came across this on another Rory page. For your consideration:

RobertaSparrow

Re: Another Obscure Rory/Taste clip

Postby capo » 23 Jun 2016, 17:05

This is amazing! In two days, two "new" Taste clips appear! Just when we think the well is dry. Great find Cynthia. :D
capo

Postby capo » 23 Jun 2016, 18:48

Ah,um. May I dare ask, what the hell is that yellow plaster "object" that is shown at the beginning of "Born On The Wrong Side Of Time"? I think I know, but since this is a G Rated Forum, I'll let everybody decide on their own! :oops:
Last edited by capo on 24 Jun 2016, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 23 Jun 2016, 19:08

Well, Rory is in top form as usual, but the set decorations, such as they are, are pretty weird. What is the general consensus?
RobertaSparrow

Postby JimLED » 23 Jun 2016, 22:42

Thank you for sharing this great vid! Yes, two Taste clips in two days is great. Who is that girl at the white sofa/orange posters?
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby SUBY1974 » 23 Jun 2016, 23:10

Two Taste videos in in two days. Thanks Rory and thanks for posting. This video is rather er er interesting? ;) I have to say the 60s and 70s were rather weird but hey weird is good. :lol:
The band play well and great to see Rory + Taste.
I am not so sure about the set. There was two much focus on the large yellow woman with the glowing lip liner,rather then the band. Where did she buy the lip liner from and is she the same girl sitting on that comfy couch?? I mean what is the couch doing there?
That man's yellow knob was very distracting Well that's my interpretation of it:lol: :lol: Sorry you can delete this. :lol:
I felt like I was on the set of some blue movie :lol:
Heaven knows what Rory and the band members were thinking. As always they acted professionally and played well. Subrata.xxx
Mind you that German video of Taste on the IOW DVD was even weirder. Its not for veggies like me. :lol:
Last edited by SUBY1974 on 24 Jun 2016, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
SUBY1974

Postby ailish78 » 24 Jun 2016, 15:52

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don´t know if you´re allowed to say that Suby. :lol: Richard McCracken is standing too close to it if you ask me. Are you sure it wasn´t video footage of a rehearsal. It looks like it may be a show with several guests..
ailish78

Postby SUBY1974 » 24 Jun 2016, 16:06

Your right Ailish. I have a dry sense of humour :lol:
I think it also looks like a custard pudding as well. Wander who made it? What was on their mind when they made it?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby ailish78 » 24 Jun 2016, 16:34

Well they didn´t have custard puddings like that at the school I went to :lol: No I think you were right the first time.. It´s definitely the head of a phallus.
ailish78

Postby CiaSeattle » 24 Jun 2016, 16:38

I believe the "sculpture" was what we called "performance art" back in those days, which looking back, was a euphemism for doing something silly in public and calling it art. :mrgreen: It looks like the artist (term used loosely) is still working on the piece. You can see him on the left mixing something in cans. The set design was so '60's psychedelia, brought back some memories. When I recall some of the things we considered so cool and avante garde, now I wonder "what in the world were we thinking??

One of the things that cracked me up about the set design was that they put one of those posters almost directly in front of Rory, so for some of the video you can't see him. It reminded me of something that happened to my ex's band back in the mid 1970's, hope you all don't mind if I tell the story on this thread. We were living in Cincinnati and the baseball team (Cincinnati Reds) was in the World Series. A very big deal in the US. This was also the days when they first came out with those TV's that you could project the image on a large screen. My ex's band was right in the middle of their set, when the club owner brought this huge movie screen right in front of the band so the customers could watch the baseball game! Complete with sound, I might add!

Rory and co. were brilliant of course, and I really enjoyed hearing Taste. I don't have any Taste music, and haven't yet purchased the Isle of Wight DVD so it was great to listen to this. Many thanks to Roberta for posting. What website did you find it on?
CiaSeattle

Next

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES