"Acoustic Ocean" ~ Taste revisited ?

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

"Acoustic Ocean" ~ Taste revisited ?

Postby bullfrogger » 19 Aug 2011, 15:18

Rory people.... I came across this track on the "Taste - Taste The Fairfield" boot... I think is listed on some old covers of "Unplug This" as well however my version of Unplug this does not have it..

On the cover it lists this as a filler track taken from "German Irish TV" - anyone know if that footage exists? or even know anymore about the track?

bullfrogger

Re: Taste Track - "Acoustic Ocean"

Postby Jay Jay » 20 Aug 2011, 11:57

bullfrogger wrote:Rory people.... I came across this track on the "Taste - Taste The Fairfield" boot... I think is listed on some old covers of "Unplug This" as well however my version of Unplug this does not have it..

On the cover it lists this as a filler track taken from "German Irish TV" - anyone know if that footage exists? or even know anymore about the track?

Hi Steve, thanks for sharing this beautiful acoustic track. I haven't heard this track before. It should have been on WWW, IMHO ..

Sounds to me if it can be confirmed to be a Taste track.. That Rory is accompanied by someone else there, maybe Richard McCracken??

Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby innuendo » 20 Aug 2011, 13:00

very gentle and beautiful piece of music, thanks steve
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby bullfrogger » 20 Aug 2011, 18:47

According to the Rory Videography it's listed as 14/03/1970 - BAFF TV Show From German TV WDF - Rory played "Catfish" & "Acoustic Ocean" - So footage has been recorded... :)))

Has anyone ever seen this clip?
bullfrogger

Postby BIBI » 21 Aug 2011, 00:14

No, I've searched for it but with no results yet...
BIBI

Postby no_noise_reduction » 23 Aug 2011, 17:16

There is reason to believe that this footage does still exist in the archive of German tv station WDR (WDF). Mainly because German tv had a far less radical wiping policy if compared to the BBC e.g. I once contacted Daniel G. about the matter and gave him all information I had (including that, I believe, Christian Wagner, who later was involved in Rockpalast, was the producer/director and should be the right person to get in touch with). That was the last time I heard something about it. I have no idea whether it could be recovered from the WDR vault in the mean time, but I still believe it should be there.
no_noise_reduction

Postby no_noise_reduction » 23 Aug 2011, 17:18

This said I'm also 95% sure that there is a video bootleg of that performance circulating, though obviously it's still pretty damn rare. It's got to be out there, I have seen it on various trade lists.
no_noise_reduction

Postby Sinner Girl » 23 Aug 2011, 17:23

Very gentle and beautiful track.I'm sure someone has it, but there are all kinds of people, and fans, unfortunately, some to keep for yourself and do not want to share what they have. As I myself a collector of DVDs and I have experienced this ;) ;) ;)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby bullfrogger » 23 Aug 2011, 19:31

Sinner Girl wrote:Very gentle and beautiful track.I'm sure someone has it, but there are all kinds of people, and fans, unfortunately, some to keep for yourself and do not want to share what they have. As I myself a collector of DVDs and I have experienced this ;) ;) ;)

As for me.. If I have it I will share it.. :D
bullfrogger

Postby Sinner Girl » 23 Aug 2011, 19:43

bullfrogger wrote:
Sinner Girl wrote:Very gentle and beautiful track.I'm sure someone has it, but there are all kinds of people, and fans, unfortunately, some to keep for yourself and do not want to share what they have. As I myself a collector of DVDs and I have experienced this ;) ;) ;)

As for me.. If I have it I will share it.. :D

I know Steve that you will share, those are real fans, but Rory's fans are so great people like to share your DVDs, and I said in my previous post about Eric Burdon fans there are some who all keep to themselves, and even you will not say from where the concert some footage, etc.

I think that Rory's spirit among fans, just saying i have very nice experience with all Rory fans from all over the world, even Japan ;) ;) ;)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Next

Return to • RORY'S MAIN TASTEFUL ~ DISCUSSION FORUM