How Has Rory's Music Influenced, Helped, Healed Your Life?

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

How Has Rory's Music Influenced, Helped, Healed Your Life?

Postby SUBY1974 » 20 Mar 2016, 04:59

How has Rory's music helped, healed and influenced you in your life? Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Re: How Has Rory's Music Influenced, Helped, Healed Your Lif

Postby capo » 20 Mar 2016, 07:09

I once posted somewhere, a long time ago, that the only thing greater than Rory's musicianship was his high integrity and character as both a man and an artist. While I don't go through life, when confronted by a problem, and think, "what would Rory do?", I would like to think his conduct as a man, in his dealings with his fellowman, has rubbed off on me. Well, I hope so anyway. As far as his music, no artist touches me, and moves me, like Rory. I like to say, he can break my heart with a single note. He can and does heal my heart when times are tough and I need to feel relief from my woes. He can uplift you, and reinvigorate you for the times ahead. I listen to him often on my trip to my s--t job everynight, and he lightens the load a little. Anyway, said enough. Good questions Suby. :)
capo

Postby Jay Jay » 20 Mar 2016, 11:15

SUBY1974 wrote:I once posted somewhere, a long time ago, that the only thing greater than Rory's musicianship was his high integrity and character as both a man and an artist. While I don't go through life, when confronted by a problem, and think, "what would Rory do?", I would like to think his conduct as a man, in his dealings with his fellowman, has rubbed off on me. Well, I hope so anyway. As far as his music, no artist touches me, and moves me, like Rory. I like to say, he can break my heart with a single note. He can and does heal my heart when times are tough and I need to feel relief from my woes. He can uplift you, and reinvigorate you for the times ahead. I listen to him often on my trip to my s--t job everynight, and he lightens the load a little.

Ditto as Capo :) Plus that's why I play and go to as many Rory Gallagher Tribute gigs as possible to hear more of his healing music..
So that his good grace and spirit goes into my heart and soul all the more :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 28 Mar 2016, 16:31

In 2007 I met Susie in Waltham Cross through work and it was interesting because we were going through similar things in life. Entering our early 30s ,we were discovering who we really were as women. Alot of women since , I have discovered go on similar journeys around their late twenties or early 30s. In your teens and twenties one can be rather naive. However I still miss the young eco/ hippue girl I was in the 90s but my core principles and beliefs are the same. They had to find the right time to take seed and bring me forward into the Millennium and becoming a 21st century mature woman. So I don't think it was a coincidence that me and Susie met at that time. Rory brought us together I believe.
She had left a relationship in Scotland and I was still coming to terms with my heart being broken. You know things happen and you question why. And that's when the new journey in life begins . It led to both us of discovering our spiritual and creative side. It also led us down a path of becoming more stronger and self confident as women.
We discovered we both loved Queen, rock and guitar. She likes electric guitar and I love the acoustic guitar. Susie already liked Rory and that led to discovering Rory's music for myself. I never realised I was going to be such a huge Rory fan!!
As I said before I find Rory's music wonderful, uplifting, positive, spiritual, creative, healing,joyful and soothing.
He himself is a great teacher,mentor and guide.You can learn so much from his examples.
I first went to Ireland in 2000. Long before I knew what the Millennium would hold for me and long before I knew of Susie and Rory. I remember standing by the window of Powers Court House in County Wicklow and looking at the magnificent gardens and the Irish landscape. I felt then, that Ireland may eventually help me in my growth as a woman with its creative and spiritual culture. I was right but not in the way I expected!
Travelling with Susie around Ireland, immensing ourselves in Rory's spirit and music changed us for the better. It has been an incredible journey.
Susie is now settled in life with a family of her own. She has moved into Events Management and forming her own band with a bluesy feel.
I hope to settle soon and become a established author, proof-reader and co editor and a motivational coach. I will do music as a hobby. While Susie is in the North, I belong to in the South.
We both reached a stage where we are comfortable with ourselves and don't care what people think. We have arrived so to speak!
We will always be fans of Rory's music. We will go to the Rory festivals,Cork and Ireland again in the future. Rory taught us a lot about the Blues and the guitar.
Finally Rory thankyou for being part of our soul development . Thank you for being who you are .Thankyou for being a great teacher and thankyou for your beautiful music. May your legacy continue. Subrata. :0). xxxx
Like Rory, its now time for us to give back what we learnt. Live a life of service.
Last edited by SUBY1974 on 28 Mar 2016, 17:18, edited 9 times in total.
SUBY1974

Postby AnnaMaria » 28 Mar 2016, 16:39

His Music makes me want to dance and his lyrics moves me inside. If I´m tired or worn out I put on All Around Man and I get the energy I need :D
AnnaMaria

Postby Faylool » 18 Sep 2017, 05:58

Most my life I have been a passionate person. Then it just seemed to be over, like maybe I had been a fool to be so in to some things and excited. And we'll pretty much nothing turned me on anymore. I found Stevie Ray Vaughn helped change that and Paolo Nutini for awhile. At least they excited me and I was listening to music again which I told my daughter was a great sign I was healed from no more passion. Maybe like not so defeated after all. THEN I found Rory Gallagher who I literally had never heard of. I recognized Blister on the Moon because I really liked that when it came out. So I had heard him at least but not knowing. Thank God for YouTube! Not only am I most decidedly passionate about something again, I'm obsessed! This is me at my best....obsessed and so , yes, absolutely I have been healed by his music, his story helps me to drink more moderately like a grown up because, yes drinking has a way of getting out of hand and I realize that the prescriptions had a larger part in his illness. it's been over 9 months of daily Rory this or that and some days I spend the entire day researching and listen. This day I finally logged on here. Another very telling source for me to piece together who he was. I kinda figured out he was a "sender" and that's why he reaches so deeply in to people with his stuff. ( senders and receivers...telepathy. The best combo is one is sender and receiver with the other a sender and receiver and all that)

He really meant business and my favorite quote from him so far goes something like ' it's better to do what you feel is right....even if your a little bit wrong sometimes'
Story of my life. I did things independent of anybodies opinions to the point of sometimes causing myself some troubles. I relate to him. Yup he healed me alright too. I'm back to my old spunky self as well as drinking a lot less and it's fine. It's LOVE and that is the best medicine in the world. Music being second.
Faylool

Postby Jay Jay » 19 Sep 2017, 09:22

Faylool wrote:He really meant business and my favorite quote from him so far goes something like ' it's better to do what you feel is right....even if your a little bit wrong sometimes'
Story of my life. I did things independent of anybodies opinions to the point of sometimes causing myself some troubles. I relate to him. Yup he healed me alright too. I'm back to my old spunky self as well as drinking a lot less and it's fine. It's LOVE and that is the best medicine in the world. Music being second.

A very warm welcome to Rory's family Faylool :)
Jay Jay

Postby Faylool » 19 Sep 2017, 23:45

Oh thank you! I'm glad the site exists!
Faylool

Postby SUBY1974 » 20 Sep 2017, 09:54

Yes a very warm welcome Faylool to Roryland. Subrsta.
SUBY1974

Postby Faylool » 20 Sep 2017, 18:37

Thank you! I have found some interesting info. Just learned regarding the Belfast statue. I'm longing for the biography from Donal Galllagher and found a great audio interview unheard by me... great. Yes he feels a bit more alive to me this way and I'm sure if he knew ( maybe he does, maybe not) he'd be just flattered as all get out! Good!
Faylool

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES