Who Were Rory's Favourite Painters?

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Re: Who Were Rory's Favourite Painters?

Postby CiaSeattle » 23 Mar 2016, 03:30

That is the painting, but I know the picture of it that I saw was in color. I'm sure someone on the forum will find it, I've not seen any question yet that an answer wasn't found for..
CiaSeattle

Postby ailish78 » 23 Mar 2016, 08:14

Wow that's amazing! Was he 12 when he did this?
ailish78

Postby RobertaSparrow » 23 Mar 2016, 21:53

ailish78 wrote:Wow that's amazing! Was he 12 when he did this?

Rory was an artist, creative in many areas. He also did one of Bob Dylan, but that was done many years later. I hope that someday Donal will publish some of Rory's sketches in his book. I'd love to see them.
https://www.google.com/search?q=rory+gallagher+bob+dylan&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjA79-s2NfLAhUosYMKHdqIB94Q_AUICSgD&biw=1366&bih=657#imgrc=zJICdxgk_YEqQM%3A
RobertaSparrow

Postby Tom Jonas » 03 Sep 2016, 20:12

If he had still been alive I would sincerely recommend one artist who have lot of videos on Youtube.
A Russian, Igor Sacharov.
Take a look at one of his videos. I paint myself and study various artists but he is outstanding!
Like many Russians he use a palette knife extremely skilfully most of the time, and his fingers and hands. Hardly touch the brushes. And he can paint absolute everything.
Rory would have liked him!
Tom Jonas

Postby SUBY1974 » 05 Nov 2016, 17:35

https://www.royalacademy.org.uk/exhibit ... 0wodyB4KEw
I will be attending over Christmas. Can't wait.
Exhibition on Abstract Expressionism
Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby ken » 07 Nov 2016, 13:39

I have no idea of who Rory's favourite artists were, but I am myself returning to sketching and watercolours, and I am sure I will attempt doing something of Rory.
I started off at16 at Camberwell college of art, on a Saturday doing life drawing, and went on to Do my foundation year and Degree , but went into photography and graphics, I have just started life drawing classes, so it is just for fun and pleasure. Some of you may have seen my photo illustrattions of Rory, the one with the strat and his face that I use on here. I never had my camera on me when I met Rory, but I have photographed Donal, and the guitar. It seems strange but I will have to build up confidence to do this, I would hate to not do justice to the man. I guess we shall see.
ken

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Nov 2016, 10:17

ken wrote:Some of you may have seen my photo illustrations of Rory, the one with the strat and his face that I use on here. I never had my camera on me when I met Rory, but I have photographed Donal, and the guitar. It seems strange but I will have to build up confidence to do this, I would hate to not do justice to the man. I guess we shall see.

Hi Ken, we look forward to viewing your future compositions of Rory. I'm sure you'll do the great man justice..
Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 10 Nov 2016, 14:32

Yes I look forward to seeing your paintings. I agree with you Ken that getting in touch with one's artistic side, gives one great pleasure.
I write, play guitar, run motivational workshops, read because it gives me great joy, as Rory's guitar playing and music gave to him. And its nice to share that with others. I want to do that full-time now and I am getting there.
I am not very good at drawing but I may dabble in some abstract art. I love Dwana's abstracts art on Rory :mrgreen:
I love abstract because my folks like it. I love the colours. I will talk about that another time. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 10 Nov 2016, 14:33

Tom Jonas wrote:If he had still been alive I would sincerely recommend one artist who have lot of videos on Youtube.
A Russian, Igor Sacharov.
Take a look at one of his videos. I paint myself and study various artists but he is outstanding!
Like many Russians he use a palette knife extremely skilfully most of the time, and his fingers and hands. Hardly touch the brushes. And he can paint absolute everything.
Rory would have liked him!

Yes I will take a look. :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Postby ken » 12 Nov 2016, 22:15

Jay Jay wrote:
ken wrote:Some of you may have seen my photo illustrations of Rory, the one with the strat and his face that I use on here. I never had my camera on me when I met Rory, but I have photographed Donal, and the guitar. It seems strange but I will have to build up confidence to do this, I would hate to not do justice to the man. I guess we shall see.

Hi Ken, we look forward to viewing your future compositions of Rory. I'm sure you'll do the great man justice..
Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

Thanks for the kind word Jay jay and Sube..... I have done some ideas which are on flikr, I will probably do a few water colours,\pastels a portrait and something from one of Rorys songs. I have an idea to do one based on a couple of song sheets of Rorys music. I will see if I can pick up a songbook in the weeks leading up to Christmas as I have to go to London. I have only just returned to painting and drawing after a 40 odd year gap, so been going to life drawing classes again, bit like coming 'full circle'
my latest stuff is on https://www.flickr.com/photos/52647217@N00/ ......
I have a few albums on there . https://www.flickr.com/photos/52647217@ ... 7343407602
I do not sell, or try to sell the images, quite a few fans have used them for 'you tube videos' and as they are fans, that is fine. That is what I am a fan , enjoying the great music of the man.
ken

PreviousNext

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES