Other RG webstes, other forums...

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Other RG webstes, other forums...

Postby CiaSeattle » 17 Mar 2016, 16:27

Not that I'm jumping ship here, just curious! I'm assuming that it's not necessarily a competition between websites, and being fascinated by all things Rory, just wondering what other websites are good for Rory info? There seem to be quite a few out there.
CiaSeattle

Re: Other webistes, other forums...

Postby Sinner Girl » 17 Mar 2016, 17:27

CiaSeattle wrote:Not that I'm jumping ship here, just curious! I'm assuming that it's not necessarily a competition between websites, and being fascinated by all things Rory, just wondering what other websites are good for Rory info? There seem to be quite a few out there.

I most spend time on this site : http://www.reurie.nl/ :) ;) ;)

French forum : http://rory-gallagher.forumactif.org/
Last edited by Sinner Girl on 17 Mar 2016, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Re: Other webistes, other forums...

Postby Jay Jay » 17 Mar 2016, 17:34

CiaSeattle wrote:Not that I'm jumping ship here, just curious! I'm assuming that it's not necessarily a competition between websites, and being fascinated by all things Rory, just wondering what other websites are good for Rory info? There seem to be quite a few out there.

I've been a member on this "Loose Talk" forum and the predecessor "The Meet Place" on this The Official Rory Gallagher website. Run by The Rory Gallagher family now for 14 years. IMHO as with the press with the national newspapers with info, many of these RG sites and growing FB pages. You have to take with a pinch of salt, sometimes what is said and put out there about Rory. A little like Gerry McAvoy's book, plus like with most newspapers/books that have been written and printed these days. They have to sex it up so to speak to sell them and make money. Don't know if Rory would have liked it this way? My guess is he'd rather have liked it more tasteful & bluesy maybe.. and how it "Use To Be" ;)
# People they are writing until the ink turns green Trying to ruin my reputation send it to a magazine # (Hands Off) :lol:

Rock On for Rory (No matter whatever)
Slainte, Jay Jay

PS. Sinnergirl, yes they are two of the alternative better RG sites. Next to this one of course RORY'S HOME :) :) :)
Jay Jay

Re: Other RG webstes, other forums...

Postby RobertaSparrow » 18 Mar 2016, 19:30

As far as Rory websites and FB pages go, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. The websites generally will cross-post information among the crowd, and I think we do that so notable information and new information as it comes along gets spread about- the one thing we all have in common is a desire to promote Rory and his music.

As far as the give and take, and community aspect of Rory sites, LT's forum is IMHO the best one, and the site, including this forum, is supported and sponsored by Rory's family, and the information on it is the most reliable, again IMO.

Roryon.com is maintained by our own John Ganjamie. Roryon.com is basically the keeper of the Rory time line, and also has references to a huge stockpile of magazine and web-based articles on Rory and musicians who worked with him. LT and RW both rely on that site for updates, and on the database created by Joachim Matz's timeline which is contained within that site. We refer to that site in regard to Rory's past appearances, and it is constantly being updated.

Another is Roryweb. Roryweb.net is maintained by Steve Cresswell, who is also a member of LT. Roryweb is unique in that Steve has maintained and makes available a huge library of bootlegs of Rory's music. I have purchased everything that Rory's official catalog has to offer, but there are some very rare recordings that were preserved by fans, friends, and yes, opportunists, over the years, but in so doing, a lot of Rory's work has been saved that way, and as we who saw him perform back in the day have always said, Rory never ever did the same song the same way twice. There are some very unique interpretations of Rory's music cataloged there, and Steve has also put up a number of Rory videos on YouTube.

And yet another notable source is Rory's video Facebook page, maintained by Brigitte 'Bibi' Lehmann, https://www.facebook.com/RoryGallagherVideoPage/info/?tab=page_info

There are others as well. I am not fluent in any other languages, and I am not terribly impressed by online computer translators- I had to use them in my last job, and I am convinced that if people had to seriously rely on computerized translators for serious communication, we would be into World War III by now, they are so inaccurate.

But many others do use them, and I know that many people who do look in on this site are fluent in other languages, so those are certainly options.

But my favorite Rory place is this one right here. 8-)

:mrgreen: Cynthia

RobertaSparrow

Postby capo » 19 Mar 2016, 16:34

There are many pretenders, but this is Rory's true home on the web. But I'm biased. ;)
capo

Postby Jay Jay » 19 Mar 2016, 17:36

capo wrote:There are many pretenders, but this is Rory's true home on the web.

Absolutely Capo :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Jay Jay

Postby CiaSeattle » 20 Mar 2016, 09:28

Thanks, everyone. Somewhat embarrassed...I discovered that I already joined Roryweb, and apparently forgot I had. :? The joys of being old! I do follow on Facebook as well. I was just curious, plus one can never have too much Rory,
CiaSeattle

Postby Sinner Girl » 20 Mar 2016, 20:15

CiaSeattle wrote:Thanks, everyone. Somewhat embarrassed...I discovered that I already joined Roryweb, and apparently forgot I had. :? The joys of being old! I do follow on Facebook as well. I was just curious, plus one can never have too much Rory,

:D :D :D :D :D
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM