Loreley 1982

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Re: Loreley 1982

Postby Mandyl » 24 Mar 2016, 20:56

I agree with you about this jam session. I can't watch it, I feel it's very disrespectful to Rory.
Mandyl

Postby ailish78 » 24 Mar 2016, 21:30

Thank you Tom Jonas. I will be ordering it. :)
ailish78

Postby bronyr » 25 Mar 2016, 05:40

Tom Jonas wrote:The jam-session is mess and a disgrace!! Rory seems to stay in the background suffering during the rubbish.

Yes, the quality of the soundrecording varies during the concert. But it was probably not easy to make it perfect during a live session. They hardly ever got a chance to calibrate their gear during any test performance.

Rory Gallagher - Live at Rockpalast (3 DVDs) is available at least from Amazon.uk. It contains five different concerts, including Loreley 1982.

Thanks Tom - glad to know it wasn't just me hearing the guitar too low in the mix. Yea that jam session - you could see how tentative RG was before going out there...and looking at Lindley like.. "well should we?" Ah well.
bronyr

Postby M.felix » 27 Mar 2016, 16:01

watch the Loreley show and agree with the bass sound and Jam is a little confusing, well I do not particularly like the Jam 82 and not the 79, I have the DVD with the five shows the Rockpalast and watch forever, my favorite is the 76, I like to see Rory playing with Coral Sitar he playing with the musicians finally cool and funny show.
M.felix

Postby Tom Jonas » 16 Apr 2016, 19:24

Brendan O'Neill is outstanding on drums!
If you ever enjoy Loreley 1982 make a special study of him. A hard hitting perfect drummer.

Here and there on Youtube you can see various concerts with Rory in his great days. Often almost complete concerts. Often in various suspicious contries like France and Spain. If anyone ever could make DVD recordings of some of these we would be utterly happy! But I suppose there are Copyright issues.
Tom Jonas

Postby bronyr » 17 Apr 2016, 05:30

M.felix wrote:watch the Loreley show and agree with the bass sound and Jam is a little confusing, well I do not particularly like the Jam 82 and not the 79, I have the DVD with the five shows the Rockpalast and watch forever, my favorite is the 76, I like to see Rory playing with Coral Sitar he playing with the musicians finally cool and funny show.

M. Felix is that '76 show the Cologne one? The one where there are a ton of sound glitches and they ask him to do over one of the acoustics? (forget which number) That show is fantastic.
bronyr

Postby bronyr » 17 Apr 2016, 05:31

Tom Jonas wrote:Brendan O'Neill is outstanding on drums!
If you ever enjoy Loreley 1982 make a special study of him. A hard hitting perfect drummer.

Here and there on Youtube you can see various concerts with Rory in his great days. Often almost complete concerts. Often in various suspicious contries like France and Spain. If anyone ever could make DVD recordings of some of these we would be utterly happy! But I suppose there are Copyright issues.

Tom, what do you think of Cork '87? I'm partial to that one because it's that timeframe within his career that I saw him live (the only time.)
bronyr

Postby M.felix » 17 Apr 2016, 12:37

yes is the Cologne, according to dvd information was recorded at WDR Studio L, the Rockpalast concerts is what has most acoustic music number are seven in all, speak what has technical flaws and the sound is not good, but I do not think, I am not expert me are minor flaws is my favorite show was watching him on Friday morning and yesterday morning, my dVD's already getting scratched so much watch, Rory this at a very high level, the band is in height.
M.felix

Postby M.felix » 17 Apr 2016, 13:25

77 the show is good but they could have edited the interference of presenters announced the following shows and the German anthem then back to the show, alias 77 is the American night (!) with an Irishman opening night.
M.felix

Postby bronyr » 17 Apr 2016, 19:48

M.felix wrote:yes is the Cologne, according to dvd information was recorded at WDR Studio L, the Rockpalast concerts is what has most acoustic music number are seven in all, speak what has technical flaws and the sound is not good, but I do not think, I am not expert me are minor flaws is my favorite show was watching him on Friday morning and yesterday morning, my dVD's already getting scratched so much watch, Rory this at a very high level, the band is in height.

The sound flaws don't bother me in the least either. It was a great concert.
bronyr

PreviousNext

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES