Rory's Birthday This Wednesday

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Rory's Birthday This Wednesday

Postby RobertaSparrow » 01 Mar 2016, 05:16

Here is an idea that some of us Rory fans did on June 14 of last year to remember Rory on the anniversary of his passing. We selected a time on that day, and on that day and hour we all arranged to listen to one of Rory's songs, Tattoo'd Lady. It was rather a special moment for us, and I was wondering about doing that again, perhaps informally but to select a time, and a song, and all of us Rory fans, listening to Rory together but apart, to celebrate his birthday. This Wednesday, March 2nd, and for the sake of consistency, we can use Cork time. European time is what we here call military time, but the standard here in the USA is to designate AM/PM. But for clarity and consistency, let's say we decide to use Wednesday, at 17:00 Cork time, and at that time, we all arrange to listen to the first track on the IOW DVD or CD, What's Going On, and with that, we would in a sense all be together for a Rory performance on his birthday.

So, 17:00 Cork time (and UK time) 18:00 Berlin time, etc, on the 2nd of March would be 09:00 in the morning PST, 12:00 Noon EST, And at that time we all queue up the IOW track, What's Going On-

And miraculously, it isn't blocked, at least not at the moment. So, what do you think? Does it sound like a plan?
RobertaSparrow

Re: Rory's Birthday This Wednesday

Postby Jay Jay » 01 Mar 2016, 09:34

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby ailish78 » 01 Mar 2016, 14:53

yes I'm in. I'll just make a note of it. That's 18H here. :)
Ailish
ailish78

Postby RobertaSparrow » 01 Mar 2016, 19:47

Yes, I had to google the time to find the equivalent based on what I always thought of as GMT and I always thought it was the same as UTC, but close enough.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Mandyl » 01 Mar 2016, 20:28

Will have the MP3 player on play as I leave work :)
Mandyl

Postby SUBY1974 » 01 Mar 2016, 22:33

Well I am off this week from work, cos it is my birthday on the 6th March, same day as Mothers Day. My birthday goes on for one month. My mother is asking for her Mother's Day present and I am asking for my birthday present LOL. Well we were both there on the 6th of March and she remembers it well, when I shot out of her womb!! :lol: :lol: No I am so glad Mother's Day and my birthday are on the same day this year. That's very special and I adore my mum.
Anyway I will be there at 5pm (UK time) to celebrate Rory's birthday. I have been quite stressed at work, the last two month due to digital changes. I certainly need this week off and I will be going to a few literature events as usual.
Rory would have been 68 this year. I will write a special birthday message for you tomorrow Rory. I won't forget. Pisceans rule!! Subrata.xx
SUBY1974

Postby Sinner Girl » 02 Mar 2016, 00:37

:D :)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby RobertaSparrow » 02 Mar 2016, 18:21

I follow a lot of the Rory Facebook sites, and I just heard that at 17:00 Cork time today (about 20 minutes ago as I writethis) Irish Radio just played the IOW track, What's Going On-

So, think of that, so many of us got to sit in on our Rory playing for us on his birthday,

Happy Birthday Rory, and Thank You for all the wonderful music and memories. We'll see you again, when the time comes. Until then. we will keep your memory alive, and you'll know we haven't forgotten-

RobertaSparrow

Postby willie the pimp » 02 Mar 2016, 19:01

I missed this event!
Never mind, I'm listening to it now...
willie the pimp

Postby SUBY1974 » 02 Mar 2016, 19:25

Dearest Rory, Happy 68th Birthday "over there" and have a great day. I did listen to What's Going On at 5pm and I was thinking of you. I truly believe that I will see you one day and we can play our good old acoustic guitars together! :mrgreen: A taxi driver who knew you in Cork, told me and Susie you loved playing your acoustic guitar whenever you could, even when you were just with friends.
Just to think 6 years ago I could not play a note on any guitar properly. I wanted to learn the acoustic guitar since 1994. But I feel with your spirit with me, I truly have come a long way on acoustic guitar. I have surprised myself and that is all down to you. :mrgreen:
Once quantum physic hits this world big time, I look forward to seeing you in the not so distant future.
I absolutely adore you. Susie and I both adore you.
Anyway have a great day. Love Subrata and Susie.xxxx I will be thinking of you on my birthday on the 6th March and Happy 10.44 my fellow Piscean. ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM