Page 1 of 3

TASTE-Y Home in Cork Up For Sale

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2016, 16:08
by Jay Jay
Up for sale is the family home of bass guitarist Eric Kitteringham, who formed the first Taste band line up, with Norman Damery on drums and with Rory Gallagher on lead guitar. This is one of the places where the late, and great, guitarist Rory Gallagher came to practise, rehearse and jam, when he was setting up his first band Taste, in the mid 1960s.

Look in link below some great pictures of house. Plus Taste memorabilia with a lovely piece of artwork by Rory of Bob Dylan :)

http://www.irishexaminer.com/property/h ... 84439.html

Re: TASTE-Y Home in Cork Up For Sale

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2016, 16:24
by RobertaSparrow
Jay Jay wrote:Up for sale is the family home of bass guitarist Eric Kitteringham, who formed the first Taste band line up, with Norman Damery on drums and with Rory Gallagher on lead guitar. This is one of the places where the late, and great, guitarist Rory Gallagher came to practise, rehearse and jam, when he was setting up his first band Taste, in the mid 1960s.

Look in link below some great pictures of house. Plus Taste memorabilia with a lovely piece of artwork by Rory of Bob Dylan :)

http://www.irishexaminer.com/property/h ... 84439.html


I would love to see some of Rory's artwork. That pencil sketch of Bob Dylan is a really good likeness. Rory could have gone the direction of artist as well. Donal should compile a book of Rory's artwork, I'm sure a lot of us would love to see that.

Re: TASTE-Y Home in Cork Up For Sale

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2016, 16:37
by Jay Jay
RobertaSparrow wrote:I would love to see some of Rory's artwork. That pencil sketch of Bob Dylan is a really good likeness. Rory could have gone the direction of artist as well. Donal should compile a book of Rory's artwork, I'm sure a lot of us would love to see that.


Agreed Cynthia.. Wouldn't we all love to see more of Rory's seemly lovely hidden artwork.

Meanwhile Cynthia don't you feel tempted to sell up and go for this tasty property and be going to Rory's hometown ;)

If I'd got spare £250,000 or $350,000 to our American friends. I would love to purchase the place where Taste and our hero began his musical legacy :)

Re: TASTE-Y Home in Cork Up For Sale

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2016, 16:55
by RobertaSparrow
Oh, if I could afford to, if I could instantly sell my place and buy that one, I surely would. Cork is a lovely town, and Rory's influence can be seen everywhere there.

Hey, maybe we all can pool our money and buy it, and take turns visiting Cork- Rory's home town as a sort of time share. :D

But I'll have to just settle on the theory that in an infinite number of multi-verses, in one of them I do own the house. And in one of them, you do too. :ugeek: :mrgreen:

Re: TASTE-Y Home in Cork Up For Sale

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2016, 11:09
by Jay Jay
We only need 2500 British RORY FANS to put £100 a piece to make it a Taste-y Timeshare for us all :D

Or 3200 /3500 Irish /Americans to put Euro's /$100 a piece to make it a Taste-y Timeshare for RORY FANS too :D :D

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

Re: TASTE-Y Home in Cork Up For Sale

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2016, 17:37
by photofinish
Had the pleasure of meeting Eric Kitteringham when I was in Cork in 2005..he gave me a lift to the church when Rory's mum Monica sadly passed away..him and his sister Pat were so nice...dropped me off back at my hotel..told me some wonderful stories re Rory from the early days...Pat gave me her number..and said next time ur in Cork call us..come or a tea..and will show u the letters that Rory used to send them when they were kids..unfortunately I had my phone stolen not long after..so sadly never got the chance to visit them....wonderful people..

Re: TASTE-Y Home in Cork Up For Sale

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2016, 19:51
by RobertaSparrow
photofinish wrote:Had the pleasure of meeting Eric Kitteringham when I was in Cork in 2005..he gave me a lift to the church when Rory's mum Monica sadly passed away..him and his sister Pat were so nice...dropped me off back at my hotel..told me some wonderful stories re Rory from the early days...Pat gave me her number..and said next time ur in Cork call us..come or a tea..and will show u the letters that Rory used to send them when they were kids..unfortunately I had my phone stolen not long after..so sadly never got the chance to visit them....wonderful people..


Mark, it sounds like a wonderful memory. I only spent a week in Cork, but the town is lovely, and the people there so pleasant and kind. I only met one nasty rude person there, and she was not Irish (nor American). Which church was it that Rory attended when he was there? I wanted to attend mass at that church, but there was just so much to see in Cork and not enough time to see it.

I did attend mass at the church where Rory was baptized in Ballyshannon, St. Joseph's Church The Rock. ;)
http://www.magheneparish.ie/ballyshannon_church.htm

Seems fitting- Rory was born at the Rock hospital in Ballyshannon, and baptized at the Rock Church a couple of doors down. So I guess one could say his fate was sealed. 8-)

I would like to go back to visit Cork again, if the stars align once more, and see more of those places, and definitely go to mass at the same church that Rory and his family attended.

And perhaps by then a Rory person will have purchased that house and fill it with Rory memorabilia, and we can all visit it. :mrgreen:

Re: TASTE-Y Home in Cork Up For Sale

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2016, 14:35
by SUBY1974
Thanks for this article Jay Jay. If a Rory fan or fans bought the house and fill it with Rory memorabilia that would be fantastic. We could visit and have Rory songs played etc. What I loved about Owens Roe Bar in Ballyshannon, was that it was Rory's first family home. Now it has Rory posters everywhere and his fans can seat downstairs, have a pint and listen to bands playing Rory's songs. I will never forget Barry Barnes playing Rory songs on his acoustic guitar to all of us. It was wonderful. I will plan to go again at some point. Being near or in places connected to Rory makes us feel closer to him and I don't mind to pay £100 to help buy Eric's home with others. In fact if i did win the lotto, i would purchase all of Rory's homes, so that us fans can visit and enjoy listening and playing Rory's music in them Subrata.x:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: TASTE-Y Home in Cork Up For Sale

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2016, 14:43
by SUBY1974
Thankyou for sharing your memories Mark. Subrata.x

Re: TASTE-Y Home in Cork Up For Sale

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2016, 14:49
by SUBY1974
Was the church Peter/Paul church in Cork? Amazing place. However the church in Cobh ( St Colman's Cathedral) we visited in Ireland was amazing. It features in the Irish Tour 74. The stain glass windows were so spectacular.
Rory had a quite a few homes in London. We could buy them too!! We lived in Maida Vale Paddington in London in the mid seventies. Not to far from Rory's London homes. Interesting. Maida Vale is a millionaires row now. Subrata.x ;)