Top Ten Irish Love Songs Of All Time

#1 Rory Page for Discussioin.. Topics RG Related with Respect Always

Top Ten Irish Love Songs Of All Time

Postby capo » 12 Feb 2016, 04:35

Rory's "I Fall Apart" has been chosen as the Number One Irish love song of all time according to the folks at the Irish Rock And Roll Museum. See irishrocknrollmuseum.com/top-10-irish-love-songs-2/. Well I can't get the link to work here, just type it in and you should get it.

http://irishrocknrollmuseum.com/top-10-irish-love-songs-2/
capo

Re: Top Ten Irish Love Songs Of All Time

Postby RobertaSparrow » 12 Feb 2016, 05:36

capo wrote:Rory's "I Fall Apart" has been chosen as the Number One Irish love song of all time according to the folks at the Irish Rock And Roll Museum. See irishrocknrollmuseum.com/top-10-irish-love-songs-2/. Well I can't get the link to work here, just type it in and you should get it.

Excellent choice:

I especially love this live version! Such sweet lyrics. And he is just so young and handsome there. 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 12 Feb 2016, 10:40

capo wrote:Rory's "I Fall Apart" has been chosen as the Number One Irish love song of all time according to the folks at the Irish Rock And Roll Museum. See irishrocknrollmuseum.com/top-10-irish-love-songs-2/. Well I can't get the link to work here, just type it in and you should get it.
http://irishrocknrollmuseum.com/top-10-irish-love-songs-2/

That's great capo, thanks for putting this up and well deserved by RORY :)
Quite appropriate that this song " I Fall Apart" should be there with "Valentine's Day" on Sunday :)
Jay Jay

Postby CiaSeattle » 12 Feb 2016, 16:58

A lovely song, and much deserved recognition. I think it's interesting that most of what I think would be considered "love songs" are on Rory's first solo album. Just The Smile, I Fall Apart, Can't Believe It's True, It Takes Time. Some seem to be a celebration of a love and the others are the ending of a relationship. It sounds like there must have been someone between the Taste days and his solo career that he was involved with, the mystery girl has been mentioned by Gerry and Ted that broke his heart.
CiaSeattle

Postby Lee61 » 13 Feb 2016, 06:42

Such a great song...:)
Lee61

Postby M.felix » 13 Feb 2016, 11:39

she beautiful, but she talks like his heart is broken when listen remember history that Gerry has in fact he heard that Rory as a teenager he was in love with a girl who left him for another and married then think which is not the same as Ted talks are two different people. Ted says he remembers how Rory was devastated when she left to me are different people.
M.felix

Postby M.felix » 13 Feb 2016, 11:52

Rory was a very handsome man. The fact is that he never composed songs such.
M.felix wrote:she beautiful, but she talks like his heart is broken when listen remember history that Gerry has in fact he heard that Rory as a teenager he was in love with a girl who left him for another and married then think which is not the same as Ted talks are two different people. Ted says he remembers how Rory was devastated when she left to me are different people.
M.felix

Postby JimLED » 13 Feb 2016, 19:13

Great song. Also I Remember hearing this song at the Lights Out tv-show.

What do you think about the cover from young russian girl?

Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Feb 2016, 20:52

JimLED wrote:Great song. Also I Remember hearing this song at the Lights Out tv-show.

What do you think about the cover from young russian girl?

Excellent find, Jim. That made me smile. Rory'd be proud. I'd love to see more young people covering Rory's music and re-inventing it, just as Rory did for all the musicians that came before him. :D
RobertaSparrow

Postby vasdis » 14 Feb 2016, 17:35

What a beautiful tune, i had forgotten just how good it was ,i must sort out the original and play it.
vasdis

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM