Q & A

#1 Rory Page for Discussioin.. Topics RG Related with Respect Always

Q & A

Postby CiaSeattle » 04 Feb 2016, 19:02

I hope I'm not driving you all nuts with questions that have probably been answered years ago. To be honest I don't find the "search" feature on this website to be particularly friendly if you're not extremely specific, (or it could just be me). I've seen references WAY back in the forum for a Q & A for which people were sending in questions for Donal and Daniel. Are the questions and answers posted somewhere on here? I've tried searching under Q & A with no success. Please forgive the recent barrage of questions from me, it's been slow at work lately. :)
User avatar
CiaSeattle
 
Posts: 202
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 05:48

Re: Q & A

Postby RobertaSparrow » 05 Feb 2016, 05:50

CiaSeattle wrote:I hope I'm not driving you all nuts with questions that have probably been answered years ago. To be honest I don't find the "search" feature on this website to be particularly friendly if you're not extremely specific, (or it could just be me). I've seen references WAY back in the forum for a Q & A for which people were sending in questions for Donal and Daniel. Are the questions and answers posted somewhere on here? I've tried searching under Q & A with no success. Please forgive the recent barrage of questions from me, it's been slow at work lately. :)


There have been questions posed to Donal and Daniel, and some were answered along the way, but it really depends on the specific question. I and many others are fairly familiar with the site, and with searches. Do you have a specific question in mind? I can try to locate the answer for you. :) And don't hesitate to ask if you have questions or comments, that is why the site is here, and why we volunteer to tend to it. 8-)
User avatar
RobertaSparrow
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: 04 May 2012, 23:13
Location: Oregon

Re: Q & A

Postby capo » 05 Feb 2016, 15:42

But Cynthia, I remember a few years back, we all submitted questions for Donal, over a period of time, and were promised answers, a real Q and A, but not in real time and of course at Donal's convenience. It never happened. I asked about it once before and no real answer. Of course Donal is a very busy man and we should'nt abuse his generosity and time, but we were told to submit questions and they would be answered. CiaSeattle, please don't be shy about asking questions, we all like to help our fellow Rory fans with answers if we can, and its enjoyable and informing at the same time. Peace.
capo
 
Posts: 405
Joined: 15 Jun 2011, 17:37
Location: Glendale, Arizona USA

Re: Q & A

Postby RobertaSparrow » 05 Feb 2016, 16:24

capo wrote:But Cynthia, I remember a few years back, we all submitted questions for Donal, over a period of time, and were promised answers, a real Q and A, but not in real time and of course at Donal's convenience. It never happened. I asked about it once before and no real answer. Of course Donal is a very busy man and we should'nt abuse his generosity and time, but we were told to submit questions and they would be answered. CiaSeattle, please don't be shy about asking questions, we all like to help our fellow Rory fans with answers if we can, and its enjoyable and informing at the same time. Peace.


Yes, I remember too. That was so long ago, most of those questions have been answered over the passage of time, and the most frequent topic was the IOW and Taste recordings. I think second on that list was Donal's book.

I don't see that there is any harm asking Donal and Daniel questions. Jay Jay, can we re-erect that thread of questions for Donal and Daniel if they are agreeable?
User avatar
RobertaSparrow
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: 04 May 2012, 23:13
Location: Oregon

Re: Q & A

Postby CiaSeattle » 05 Feb 2016, 17:28

That was what I was referring to. I've been trying to read most of the posts, starting at the beginning so I don't ask things which have already been addressed. I saw a "Last call for Q & A" posted on 8/5/2010, that's what got my curiosity going. At least I know why I couldn't find anything! Once again, thanks all for your replies.
User avatar
CiaSeattle
 
Posts: 202
Joined: 24 Jan 2015, 05:48

Re: Q & A

Postby Jay Jay » 06 Feb 2016, 13:47

CiaSeattle wrote:That was what I was referring to. I've been trying to read most of the posts, starting at the beginning so I don't ask things which have already been addressed. I saw a "Last call for Q & A" posted on 8/5/2010, that's what got my curiosity going. At least I know why I couldn't find anything! Once again, thanks all for your replies.


Hi Cia and Cynthia,

As I've just wrote similar in a private message to Cynthia.
Over the past year or so you know Donal and Daniel have both done many interviews on Radio, TV and film premieres, relating to the great Taste releases and other Rory releases. Asked many question here. Plus always at tribute events they attend (mainly Donal) Of which they are always asked many many questions that the fans wanted to know the answers to about Rory and his music.
Also now is a very difficult time, as D&D live thousands of miles apart from each other. So the changes and time of them getting together to do a Q&A again is very hard to see happening. As it "Used To Be" and could do easily in the past, seeing each other frequently at their London RORY office.

So IMHO for them I would not think at this moment in time, this is a good one for another Q&A?

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

PS. Donal I can see maybe up for another Q&A alone, in a year or so time? Hopefully to coincide with the release of his long awaited book :)
User avatar
Jay Jay
 
Posts: 4648
Joined: 07 Mar 2010, 16:03
Location: In Your Town

Re: Q & A

Postby capo » 06 Feb 2016, 17:26

Thanks for the replies Jay Jay and Cynthia. I can see how hard it would be now. When Donal's long awaited book arrives, i'm sure we'll get answers to questions we never thought to ask. Peace.
capo
 
Posts: 405
Joined: 15 Jun 2011, 17:37
Location: Glendale, Arizona USA

Re: Q & A

Postby RobertaSparrow » 06 Feb 2016, 19:38

capo wrote:Thanks for the replies Jay Jay and Cynthia. I can see how hard it would be now. When Donal's long awaited book arrives, i'm sure we'll get answers to questions we never thought to ask. Peace.


Well, if the book is still in the pre-publication state, I would like Donal to give us a run-down of Rory's personal music library, and some of his drawings and sketches. That is, if Donal feels Rory would be okay with sharing those things with his fans.
User avatar
RobertaSparrow
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: 04 May 2012, 23:13
Location: Oregon


Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests

cron