photo question part deux

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

photo question part deux

Postby CiaSeattle » 02 Feb 2016, 16:40

While we're on the subject of photos...Another series of photos which made me curious are the ones taken by Glen La Ferman which are dated 1995. As they are copyrighted, I didn't want to post the pics, but here's the link:

http://www.atlasicons.com/image/I0000kcEu0ozXdts

My question is about the date, does anyone know when in 1995 were these taken? Rory looks to me to be noticeably thinner than the ones taken at his last show in Jan. I just can't figure when he would have gone into a photo studio in 1995 between the time of his last show in Jan. and going into hospital in March. From what I've read, he was pretty reclusive and also very ill during those months, it seems odd that he would have a photo shoot during that period.
CiaSeattle

Re: photo question part deux

Postby RobertaSparrow » 02 Feb 2016, 19:53

CiaSeattle wrote:While we're on the subject of photos...Another series of photos which made me curious are the ones taken by Glen La Ferman which are dated 1995. As they are copyrighted, I didn't want to post the pics, but here's the link:

http://www.atlasicons.com/image/I0000kcEu0ozXdts

My question is about the date, does anyone know when in 1995 were these taken? Rory looks to me to be noticeably thinner than the ones taken at his last show in Jan. I just can't figure when he would have gone into a photo studio in 1995 between the time of his last show in Jan. and going into hospital in March. From what I've read, he was pretty reclusive and also very ill during those months, it seems odd that he would have a photo shoot during that period.

Don't know much about them, except to say they look like they were done maybe around the time of Fresh Evidence. Are you sure that is when they were taken and not when they were published?
RobertaSparrow

Postby Mandyl » 02 Feb 2016, 21:09

I agree. I have seen several lime this and am sure they were promo pics for Fresh Evidence :)
Mandyl

Postby CiaSeattle » 03 Feb 2016, 02:57

That makes a lot more sense. I've only seen them on the photographer's website and the atlas icon website, they were marked 1995, so I guess that would be the publishing date.
CiaSeattle

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM