Rory and Gary Moore

№1 RORY FORUM PAGE. For Rory Gallagher. Discuss Rory related things with respect always!

Rory and Gary Moore

Postby CiaSeattle » 06 Jan 2016, 16:46

Did Rory and Gary ever play together?
CiaSeattle

Re: Rory and Gary Moore

Postby capo » 06 Jan 2016, 20:18

As far as jamming on stage in public, I don't believe so. Rory joined Thin Lizzy once onstage, can't remember the date or if this was when Moore was with Lizzy. However, they had a long friendship dating back to the earliest days of Taste and Moore's band Skid Row in Belfast. Moore tells stories of he and Rory being so poor that they shared guitar strings and equipment when they gigged together. Fast forward all the way to Rory's lonely final days, when Moore was one of the very few the reclusive Rory would visit with in his room at the Conrad Hotel in London. Gary showed his late friend his final respect by attending Rory's funeral. Hope this helps CiaSeattle. Peace.
capo

Re: Rory and Gary Moore

Postby CiaSeattle » 08 Jan 2016, 02:30

Thanks for the reply, capo. Rory's jam with Thin Lizzy was in 1982, so Gary had left the band by then. I knew that they had been friends for years, I was just hoping there was something out there of the two of them playing. I guess they're all jamming together now!
CiaSeattle

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • TASTE•FUL • HOMEPAGE