RORY GALLAGHER ~ Christmas & New Year Wish List????

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

RORY GALLAGHER ~ Christmas & New Year Wish List????

Postby Jay Jay » 21 Nov 2015, 11:21

In the light of the long awaited and now successful release of "What's Going On" TASTE Live at The Isle of Wight :)

RORY FANS get your thinking caps on.. What is next on your RORY Christmas and New year wish list ??
That you would like Donal & Daniel Gallagher to produce.. From some of the other great RORY performances captured on film and video??

Here are a couple of short Rory concerts recorded by our french friends that I would like to see out officially, on one DVD - Bluray compilation :) :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: What's Next On Your RORY Wish List????

Postby Patrick Kennedy » 21 Nov 2015, 12:51

Wow what's next on my Rory wish list,

I would love to see the A BBC boxed set that has any video done by the bbc including the Ulster Documentary, would also love it to include an acoustic double album of things he just recorded on his own, I'm sure there are some very interesting pieces and have no doubt that there are some Celtic tunes in there somewhere...

I would love to see it packaged as a super fan piece, that could be almost like a scrap book with some stories, and with all kinds of unique things in there.

Could be pictures, letters, copies of hand written lyrics, set lists, postcards, tickets and perhaps some of his drawings...

Would be very cool perhaps if each one he a Herco heavy gauge pick, and that in the limited edition a certain few actually came with a certificate that the Herco pick was needed Rory's, there at be a box of them in the achieves somewhere...
inhave been a huge Rory fan for years, met him many times have a few picks an Ernie ball guitar string his leather vest from when he played on All Right Now and a few other incredibly special pieces.

I treasure them all. I know there must be all kinds of postcards with small stories from the road... I think something incredibly limited in edition size with some truly personal recordings perhaps those done at his home would be an amazing addition to any collection...

I want one for sure.

Patrick
Patrick Kennedy

Postby capo » 21 Nov 2015, 18:06

Among many, I will just say two. First, the "Brendan O'Neill Era", if you will, which lasted a good ten years(1981 to 91), has never been documented on an "official" live album. While there are many great boots out there, an Gallagher family produced one would be most welcome. Second, Rory was last in a studio, not as a guest, but recording his own material, that we know about, in 1990 for "Fresh Evidence". He was with us another five years after that, surely he must have composed and recorded new songs during that period. Maybe not in a studio setting, but home recordings that he would do for demos and song ideas. I know this must be problematic for Donal and Daniel, if such recordings do exist, because of how particular Rory was, to say the least, of releasing fully produced songs, that met his standards. These would be raw, primitive recordings, like the recently released Kurt Cobain home recordings for the film "Montage Of Heck". But I, and I'm sure all Rory fans would love to hear, even incomplete songs that Rory was working on near the end of his life.
capo

Postby Stevo » 21 Nov 2015, 22:33

The BBC audio and video footage would make a great box set.

Also, all the radio broadcast concerts Rory did in his career, it would be great if some of those could be released (I noticed on Amazon, several Stevie Ray Vaughan radio broadcasts have been released).

Maybe in the New Year, Donal or Danial will post a message with what they are working on next.
Stevo

Postby capo » 22 Nov 2015, 03:05

Opps! :oops: : I forgot that the " Kickback City" boxset does include a seven song CD selection from Rory's live dvd "Live At the Cork Opera House", with Brendan on Drums. But this is not a stand alone release, and it is only a partial recording of the show. Anyway..........
capo

Postby Tibor77 » 22 Nov 2015, 11:47

BBC (and other TV shows, g: Germany, USA) would be welcomed, radio recordings, too (BBC Reading, 1980 and the others), Dónal's book and probably a reasonably priced photobook with lyrics album by album. This concert is also missed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjiXqeUAXLM An this one, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDazbAod4LI And thank you for your hard work so far and the treasures whe have received recently.
Tibor77

Postby SUBY1974 » 22 Nov 2015, 20:12

I saw Adele at the BBC on TV the other night. I would like to see Rory at the BBC DVD. By the way I liked Adele's new song Hello. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ Christmas & New Year Wish List????

Postby Jay Jay » 08 Dec 2015, 16:10

Hoping to get any RORY goodies in Santa's sack this year anyone????

Rock On for Rory
Nollaig Shona :)
Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Tibor77 » 09 Dec 2015, 22:42

Yes, Isle of Wight DVD, I hope.
Tibor77

Postby RobertaSparrow » 12 Dec 2015, 18:14

I'd like to get Jacques Stotzem's tribute to Rory. I love his acoustic interpretations of Rory's music. I bet Rory does, too. It's harder to find here. But that is one that I would want Santa to bring me. That and a winning lottery ticket. ;)

RobertaSparrow

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM