TASTE LIVE IOW ~ What Was The Real Order of Play that Day??

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

TASTE LIVE IOW ~ What Was The Real Order of Play that Day??

Postby Jay Jay » 12 Nov 2015, 21:49

Been playing the Taste IOW both CD & DVD and was wondering what was the real order of play of the songs? On that amazing August day in 1970.
The new Live CD has the extra 3 tracks if you Include "I Feel So Good" (Part DVD) ~ "I'll Remember" and "Blister On The Moon".

Both CD & DVD run in the same order up to Track Five "Sinner Boy"

CD ........................ DVD
1. What's Going On .... 1. What's Going On
2. Sugar Mama ......... 2. Sugar Mama
3. Morning Sun ......... 3. Morning Sun
4. Gambling Blues ...... 4. Gambling Blues
5. Sinner Boy ............ 5. Sinner Boy
6. I'll Remember ........ 6. Same Old Story
7. I Feel So Good ....... 7. Catfish Blues
8. Catfish Blues ........
9. Same Old Story ......
10 Blister On The Moon

So let's take it that the first 5 Taste songs are in that order as the CD & DVD run parellel with each other?
Plus I reckon "Blister On The Moon" to be the last one they played? Listening to Rory saying what he says " We're gonna do a little short quick one 'cause we're running a little overtime ". LOL BOTM lasted over 7 mins 30 seconds. So the tracks / "set list" 6 to 9 they seem to be mixed up a little????
After "I Feel So Good" on the CD, Rory does say " Thank You and See You" as if that was their intended last song? That Taste were gonna play that day. But of course as we know, they were called back by the PA guy and most of the 600,000 crowd to return to the stage to do 3 or 4 more encores :)

PS. "I'll Remember" ..Can anyone remember.. who was there that most Taste-ful day in Rory History?
Jay Jay

Re: TASTE LIVE IOW ~ What Was The Real Order of Play that Da

Postby no_noise_reduction » 13 Nov 2015, 09:03

gooood question! I was also trying to figure that out!
no_noise_reduction

Postby RoryfanBrisbane » 13 Nov 2015, 14:18

Next year, maybe we will get another version of IOW. Rockpalast done the same trick with extra material on a reissue
RoryfanBrisbane

Postby no_noise_reduction » 17 Nov 2015, 16:11

RoryfanBrisbane wrote:Next year, maybe we will get another version of IOW. Rockpalast done the same trick with extra material on a reissue

Probably not as soon as next year, but one day there will be a re-release with whatever footage might turn up as an addition (and there still is something out there). Maybe when the next generation of video media (ultra hd) has arrived. This said, it would be a big surprise to get any more pro shot footage from the IOW concert itself. I don't think there is much left apart from snippets, else I'm pretty sure they would have already included it. I would certainly like to see a release that allows free choice of camera angles (=one that includes any piece of film that survives, synchronized with the sound track)...
no_noise_reduction

Postby RobertaSparrow » 18 Nov 2015, 00:37

no_noise_reduction wrote:
RoryfanBrisbane wrote:Next year, maybe we will get another version of IOW. Rockpalast done the same trick with extra material on a reissue

Probably not as soon as next year, but one day there will be a re-release with whatever footage might turn up as an addition (and there still is something out there). Maybe when the next generation of video media (ultra hd) has arrived. This said, it would be a big surprise to get any more pro shot footage from the IOW concert itself. I don't think there is much left apart from snippets, else I'm pretty sure they would have already included it. I would certainly like to see a release that allows free choice of camera angles (=one that includes any piece of film that survives, synchronized with the sound track)...

I would be surprised if there is much more to release. Filming Taste wasn't planned in the first place, so the fact that any of the footage was released is in itself pretty amazing. Excellent quality too, considering the years that have gone by.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 20 Nov 2015, 09:55

This guy Ken on FB's "Rory Gallagher Group" said this below with this extraordinary set list ????

Where on earth do they get this info from after what we can see now on new Taste IOW "What's Going On" film. as I responded with this..
"You've seen the new " What's Going On" film I presume Ken, So we can see there the continuity in the first five songs. Rory's leather jacket and the two songs he plays with the white tele are the clues ;) On the NEW CD & DVD they are same order. So that blows that set list, you put up there out of the window straight away"

Ken.. The set list from just after the IOW read like this... :
01) What's Going On
02) Hands Up
03) She's 19 Years Old
04) Feel So Good (10mins)
05) At The Bottom?
06) Sinner Boy
07) Walking Blues
08) Morning Sun (Outside My Window)
09) Catfish (16mins)
10) Same Old Story
Jay Jay

Postby signals » 23 Nov 2015, 16:41

The full IOW set is:

1. What’s Going On
2. Sugar Mama
3. Morning Sun
4. Gambling Blues
5. Sinner boy
6. I’ll Remember
7. I Feel So Good
(Encores)
8. Catfish
9. Same Old Story
10. Blister On The Moon

The new CD release is the full, correct set.
signals

Postby RobertaSparrow » 23 Nov 2015, 16:44

:D Thanks
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 23 Nov 2015, 18:06

signals wrote:The full IOW set is:

1. What’s Going On
2. Sugar Mama
3. Morning Sun
4. Gambling Blues
5. Sinner boy
6. I’ll Remember
7. I Feel So Good
(Encores)
8. Catfish
9. Same Old Story
10. Blister On The Moon

The new CD release is the full, correct set.

Thanks Signals.. That's what I thought .. After playing the new CD and DVD now numerous times with great pleasure :D :D :D

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM