Rory Gallagher Documentary screening/Donal

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Rory Gallagher Documentary screening/Donal

Postby roryfan » 06 Nov 2015, 02:21

Hello
I received this email today and thought I'd pass it along. The email doesn't say where IFI is, but its in the Temple Bar district in Dublin
john g
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hi there ,

Hope this email finds you well. I wanted to get in contact with you in relation to a special event here at the IFI. We will be screening WHAT’S GOING ON: TASTE LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 1970 on November 17th at 8.30pm as part of the IFI’s Rock ‘n’ Roll strand, and this will be followed by a Q&A with Donal Gallagher, Rory Gallagher’s brother and manager.

Donal Gallagher has dedicated his life to making sure his brother, Irish guitarist extraordinaire Rory Gallagher, is remembered for his passion for, devotion to, and total love of music. The iconic guitarist passed away nearly twenty years ago, but his legacy, thanks to Donal, continues to grow.

ROCK ‘n’ ROLL CINEMA

WHAT’S GOING ON: TASTE LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 1970

Academy-Award-winning director Murray Lerner explores Ireland’s seminal rock band Taste with unseen footage from the trio’s now legendary performance at the Isle Of Wight Festival 1970. Featuring rare archive material, personal accounts and contributions from Brian May, The Edge, Sir Bob Geldof and Larry Coryell, the film takes us on a journey from Rory Gallagher’s musical beginnings through to the band’s implosion just before they hit the festival stage in front of several hundred thousand people. Taste and enjoy as Rory Gallagher on guitar, John Wilson on drums and Richard ‘Charlie’ McCracken on bass unleash one of the festival's finest performances.

FILM INFO: 77 mins, 2015, Ireland, Colour, Digital.

We’re keen to spread the word to any classic rock enthusiasts so any help would be appreciated. I’d be delighted if you could share this information with friends and colleagues or online via social media. We’d be happy to share any tweets or posts with our 40k followers (we’re @IFI_Dub).

Tickets for this screening + Q&A are available now from the IFI Box Office on 01 679 3477 or online here.

Many thanks,
Michelle.
roryfan

Re: Rory Gallagher Documentary screening/Donal

Postby Irishcelticgirl » 06 Nov 2015, 11:43

Irish Film Institute is in Eustace Street for those wishing to attend.
Irishcelticgirl

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM