Eagle Rock Has Blocked All Taste IOW Videos From Youtube

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Eagle Rock Has Blocked All Taste IOW Videos From Youtube

Postby capo » 24 Oct 2015, 22:33

Eagle Rock has blocked all new video uploads from the Taste "Whats Going On" dvd on Youtube here in the U.S.A. Including their own official upload of "Whats Going On"! I think this is an ill advised and shortsighted move on Eagle Rock 's part. The uploads, I think, would only encourage new Rory fans to buy the complete dvd. Now all there is on Youtube are the old, poor quality ones of "Sinner Boy" and "Gamblers Blues". Are they blocked in the U.K. and other countries?
capo

Re: Eagle Rock Has Blocked All Taste IOW Videos From Youtube

Postby SUBY1974 » 25 Oct 2015, 11:33

Hi Capo. The you tube videos of Taste at the IOW seem OK in the UK. I tried downloading a few on my phone with my downloader. I am surprised and annoyed this has happened in the US and that the DVD is not entering the top 10 USA music video charts. I mean "What's Going On?" It sounds fishy. Anyway I know our US Rory fans will do all they can for Rory and they had that screenplay in Boston . Daniel has his offices in New York. So fingers crossed. Subrata. I shared out the Taste IOW videos again on my FB. I will be opening a Twitter and Instagram account soon only for my books but I will stick Rory's music there as well . My readers will get to know Rory!! ;) I will also stick Rory on my writers blogg too. :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Postby capo » 26 Oct 2015, 02:21

Thats wonderful Suby! Rory has a great champion in you! Peace.
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 28 Oct 2015, 00:53

It's unfortunate and short-sighted of them to block it. The more people who see this magnificent performance by Rory, the more people will be inspired to buy his music, and maybe even take up music, the creative spark, themselves.

They should consider it free advertising. I can't estimate how much music, and cinema, I have sought out and purchased after first seeing any given artist on YouTube or some related internet link. It is a much more powerful tool for advancing the truly talented.
RobertaSparrow

Postby CiaSeattle » 29 Oct 2015, 02:35

What a shame. I could understand it if the entire DVD had been uploaded, but a few songs? I would probably have never discovered Rory's music of not for YouTube, as did who knows how many others. I agree with Roberta, free advertising and more exposure for Rory and Taste. Short-sighted indeed.
CiaSeattle

Postby capo » 31 Oct 2015, 20:06

Eagle Rock is really pissing me off now more than before. They are now deleting or blocking many other Rory related videos they have some type of ownership to. Today I tried to watch the classic "Shadow Play" Rory performed at Montreux in '79, blocked. This was uploaded back in 2008 and had many views. How are new fans going to discover Rory and his greatness if Eagle Rock continues this stupidity? Why now are they pursuing this wrongheaded policy? Maybe because "Whats Going On" was a chart hit in many countries and made them a few bucks and now their getting greedy? Yet they are losing so many potential new fans and yes, cash, by this course. Great business men are these! :evil:
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 01 Nov 2015, 01:28

capo wrote:Eagle Rock is really pissing me off now more than before. They are now deleting or blocking many other Rory related videos they have some type of ownership to. Today I tried to watch the classic "Shadow Play" Rory performed at Montreux in '79, blocked. This was uploaded back in 2008 and had many views. How are new fans going to discover Rory and his greatness if Eagle Rock continues this stupidity? Why now are they pursuing this wrongheaded policy? Maybe because "Whats Going On" was a chart hit in many countries and made them a few bucks and now their getting greedy? Yet they are losing so many potential new fans and yes, cash, by this course. Great business men are these! :evil:

It's the typical mind-set of the sort of people that run those businesses. Basically it is the same greedy mind-set of the management that destroyed both incarnations of Taste, the same sort of business logic that breaks down so many creative souls. Greed of the sort of people who can't create anything themselves, and live off the people who can.
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 01 Nov 2015, 12:41

Can Donal or Daniel shed any light on this situation? Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby CiaSeattle » 02 Nov 2015, 17:10

The entire Montreux 1979 show is gone. They pulled Irish Tour 74 a while back, someone reposted and it stayed up for a few months, now it's gone again too. Looks like everything Eagle Rock has their finger in is gone. I guess on a positive note the 79 Rockpalast show is still there.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S. Thompson
CiaSeattle

Postby RobertaSparrow » 02 Nov 2015, 22:57

CiaSeattle wrote: . . .

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S. Thompson . . .

:lol: :lol: :lol: Succinctly worded, as only Hunter S. Thompson could phrase it- Rory was naive when he was young, but learned early on that the business side of the music industry cannot be trusted, and after what happened to Taste, we can all see what a painful lesson that must have been.

With very few exceptions, I can say that every person I ever met on the business side of music: management, promoters, money changers, were essentially greedy, opportunistic narcissists that you can't trust any farther than you can throw. 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM