Rolling Stone's David Fricke A Rory Fan? Really?

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Rolling Stone's David Fricke A Rory Fan? Really?

Postby capo » 10 Oct 2015, 18:46

The new Q and A with Daniel Gallagher at the NYC premier of Taste's "Whats Going On" is hosted by, apparently Rory "Superfan" David Fricke of Rolling Stone. He opens the talk saying what a huge fan he is of Rory, ect. Yet this David Fricke, who has a vast readership and mainstream appeal, has NEVER seen fit to write about Rory in his role as writer and reviewer all these years. In fact, he has not (nor has Rolling Stone) deemed it worthy to even review the subject he is hear seen hosting, the new Taste DVD. He also ignored Taste's new boxset "I'll Remember". Hell, if you Google him you will find his "personal" list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists Of all Time", which was the original list Rolling Stone published, and guess what? Rory is not even in his top 100! Rory was added to the list years later when other "experts" gave their picks besides Fricke. Fricke could have given Rory so many new fans if he choose to write about theses new releases, instead of all the usual suspects. With friends like this..............See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVio4Zg ... =1&list=WL
capo

Re: Rolling Stone's David Fricke A Rory Fan? Really?

Postby capo » 10 Oct 2015, 19:06

Oh, not that its important but full disclosure, I am "Makala" on Youtube. :mrgreen: Capo was taken. THe irony is I use my best friends name, who, sad to say, can't stand Rory. I gave up trying to convince her years ago. It's a dig at her, since I only comment pro Roryisms! :lol:
capo

Re: Rolling Stone's David Fricke A Rory Fan? Really?

Postby Tibbierocks » 14 Oct 2015, 16:18

I think being a superfan depends on the ocassion. I can think of a certain guitar player who has played rory's guitar, but didn't pick rory when doing tracks of his years on bbc 2.
Tibbierocks

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM