THANK YOU ~ Donal and Daniel Gallagher

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

THANK YOU ~ Donal and Daniel Gallagher

Postby RobertaSparrow » 27 Sep 2015, 20:02

On a previous post I had mentioned we owe Donal and Daniel a big Thank You for working so hard under the radar all this time to get the Isle of Wight footage released. As I said before, it was well worth the wait.

The debacle of the breakup of Taste, and the legal tug of war over Rory's rights to his own music was the first salvo in a long series of battles to get all the red tape loosened up. All the negotiations and diplomacy required to satisfy all the business interests who laid claim to the film itself must have been a nightmare, a real Gordian Knot to sort out, but the resulting video exceeds our wildest expectations. It is a wonderful tribute to Rory's gift of music. We are all so appreciative of finally being able to enjoy what may arguably be Rory's finest performance.

And in my opinion, not only is it an excellent remembrance for those of us lucky enough to have seen Rory on stage, but it will enable those of us who were not fortunate enough to see Rory on stage back in the day a very good representation of what it was like to be there, watching Rory pour his heart and soul into his music.

Undoubtedly it was a labor of love for his family to finally be able to present this wonderful piece of Rory history to us.

Generally my writings are my opinion, but in this instance I will volunteer to say, on behalf of Rory's fans who have waited so long for this film, thank you so very much for getting this released. You've done Rory proud.

Anyone else want to add to this, please feel free- :mrgreen:

And, in my opinion, this is the best representation of Rory's story because no actor or musician or combination can play Rory and do him justice as the man himself can.
RobertaSparrow

Re: Thank You Donal and Daniel

Postby SUBY1974 » 27 Sep 2015, 21:10

:mrgreen: Yes a BIG BIG Thankyou again. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby capo » 27 Sep 2015, 21:20

Yes indeed! As Rory used to like to say "THANKS A MILLION"!
capo

Postby no_noise_reduction » 28 Sep 2015, 08:19

I agree. Those of us who followed the progress of this project from outside over the years sure were cautious when a release date was announced earlier this year. But when it comes to me the final outcome definitely goes far beyond what I expected. I am really, really glad that a 4:3 version was included - after reading the concert was going to be wrapped in a documentary I was afraid it would end up like Leonard Cohen's Isle of Wight Film with the music being fragmented by interviews at cost of the atmosphere. Regarding the 'P3' clips, I was surprised to find they are included in their full length - wonderful! I have to say that everything in this DVD/Blu Ray seems to have been done the right way. Thank you Donal and Daniel Gallagher and everybody involved.
The only little flaw for me would be the omission of 'I Feel So Good'. I'm sure it has bot been filmed, else it would be there - it's no one's fault really.
Thanks so much for getting this out.
no_noise_reduction

Postby Tibor77 » 28 Sep 2015, 20:31

Huge thank you for all the effort you put into these releases (Taste and Rory Gallagher)
Tibor77

Re: THANK YOU ~ Donal and Daniel

Postby Jay Jay » 03 Oct 2015, 11:58

A massive THANK YOU to Donal & Daniel and all the Gallagher family..
For all the fantastic RORY Recordings audio and visual that have been released :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Annie Elliott » 03 Oct 2015, 21:45

Heartfelt thanks to the entire Gallagher clan for your tireless work.
Annie Elliott

Postby vox040 » 04 Oct 2015, 16:03

Yes Thank you Donal and Daniel for all the work you have done to bring us such platinum CD's and DVD's. The IOW is astounding.
All the best,
Jimmy
vox040

Postby Patrick Kennedy » 04 Oct 2015, 17:41

Huge Thank you to Donal and Daniel for doing an Incredible job. For myself personally I had some copies of old video recordings and was delighted when the first great quality DVDS came out.
Over the years to have not only the volume of work but the quality if it to keep coming has been incredible. I was blown away by the Taste What's Going On DVD... great recording showing a very young Rory it's a special part of history. The picture quality is amazing and the sound quality is better. ITS A MUST BUY!!

I can't wait to get my hands on the Taste Boxed Set!

I have no doubt Rory's smiling down on the fact that his fan base continues to grow.

I have no doubt your Brother's Spirit is smiling down on you both!

Patrick :)
Patrick Kennedy

Postby Tibbierocks » 07 Oct 2015, 10:26

Thank you Daniel and Donal. The sound and visual quality on the film is just fantastic! Great job on restoring it all and remastering etc. Much appreciated. I'm sure Rory would approve. Shelly xx
Tibbierocks

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM