TASTE ~ Their Final Gig?

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Re: TASTE ~ Their Final Gig?

Postby capo » 11 Oct 2015, 14:26

I think its settled, by all the contemporary evidence, that Taste's last gig was Oct. 24, 1970, and not on New Years Eve. As to this article.. http://www.roryon.com/tastesplit202.html Thanks so much for posting it no_ noise _reduction, its been years since I read it. First, DAMN Eddie Kennedy! Second, its strange that what we see now as brilliant improv between Rory and the band, John Wilson, in this poisonous atmosphere, sees as Rory trying to "muck" things up and make them look bad! Wilson then, and maybe now, really thought people came to see his drumming as much as Rory's playing equally? Thats delusional. Well, past is past.
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 24 Oct 2015, 04:36

Hey there, I don't know if this belabors the point or not, but in updating the "On this date in Rory history: October 24," I saw this,

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5057#p15115 entered on the time line for October with Rory waving, Jay Jay entered that post in 2011.

Doesn't seem like 1970 was that long ago, but it was 45 years ago. Memory is a frail thing. Which month was it?
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 24 Oct 2015, 10:04

The saying is that " the Lord works / moves in mysterious ways " we'll make that now I know that..
" Rory and the Lord works / moves in mysterious ways " ... As for me it is ironic and also quite appropriate that on this day I finally got my hands on the Taste " What's Going On " Live at The Isle of Wight DVD :)

I plan to be playing this so successful now Taste swan song performance tonight. At the same time as Rory would have gone " On The Boards " in Belfast. So to me Rory is truly at last at peace now after all that crap he suffered with the Taste management at that time 45 years ago.. Which unfortunately for Rory and Donal, also carried on the bad after-taste for years into his successful solo career.
Rory is now finally surely smiling down from the heavens and would be overwhelmed and really happy. With the success of his own family's hard work and commitment to put the record straight, with these great Taste-ful packages now .

RORY GALLAGHER with TASTE now are immortalised in musical history.
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 24 Oct 2015, 21:17

Jay Jay do watch the DVD on big screen. You will enjoy and love it. When Rory came into my life in 2007, I felt so angry he was overlooked and not recognized for the gifted,great musician he is. Such an injustice. I made quite a few vows in my life since 2004 after my life changing experiences. I plan to complete my life purpose as Mother Earth goes through her transition, as the world wakes up. However, I made the vow that I would support Rory's legacy in anyway I could along with others. In my lifetime I want to see him up there recognized as one of the Rock and Roll greats. He earnt his place. I also wanted to say I ADORE you Rory. And you are right Jay Jay, with the release of Taste IOW DVD and Taste box Set, Rory and Taste have been immortalized and we have reached a turning point. May Rory' star grow brighter and brighter. He would be pleased indeed. Subrata.x Rock On For Rory. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Previous

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM