Brian May ~ video playing Taste (Morning Sun)

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Brian May ~ video playing Taste (Morning Sun)

Postby innuendo » 22 Aug 2015, 14:16

As many of you know here (and it's evident by my avatar) my 2 favorite guitar players are Brian and Rory in that order. there are quite a few yt links on this site where brian talks about rory. but i have never heard audio or seen video where brian actually plays a track from rory or taste. UNTIL NOW! i was so excited when i found this video on queenzone, originally brian put it on his site in '97 or '98 and there has been a kind fan on queenzone who saved it for all these years and finally put it on queenzone which is not official queen forum but it's the greatest thing on the internet to get queen bootlegs (audio and video) in best possible quality. i was so thrilled when i heard the band playing morning sun so i had to put that video on yt (my first upload), until know i had yt account only to subscribe to channels of the musicians i love. you can read more about video in the description. i'm so excited i can show you this video and if i get it in better quality i will certainly put it here. morning sun is played at 2:44-4:01. enjoy!

I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Re: video of Brian May playing Taste (Morning Sun)

Postby JimLED » 22 Aug 2015, 14:43

Hi Kruno! Thank you for the video. Really rare and great! :)
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Re: video of Brian May playing Taste (Morning Sun)

Postby innuendo » 22 Aug 2015, 14:54

i'm glad you like it jim.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Re: Brian May ~ video playing Taste (Morning Sun)

Postby Jay Jay » 22 Aug 2015, 15:17

YEAH! fantastic find Krono..
Thats made my weekend :D

Starts at about 2.50.. Can't you edit it Jim so that it starts after say around 10 seconds?

Thanks a million..
ROCK ON Taste-fully for BRIAN & RORY :) :)
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Annie Elliott » 22 Aug 2015, 18:14

Thanks for sharing this, really enjoyed it. I've often wondered why Rory doesn't get covered more. Such a fantastic catalogue spanning so many genres, you'd think he'd be a staple in any musician's repertoire.
Annie Elliott

Postby JimLED » 22 Aug 2015, 18:44

Jay Jay wrote:Starts at about 2.50.. Can't you edit it Jim so that it starts after say around 10 seconds?

What do you mean Jay Jay, wish me to edit Kruno's post and pit there 2.50? :D

phpBB [video]
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby SUBY1974 » 22 Aug 2015, 19:48

This is just brilliant. Thankyou for posting Innuendo. I like reading Brian's blogg and I just discovered Patrick Moore could play the xylophones really well. Scientists are musicians at heart I discover. ;) I read Brian did play some of Rory's songs but this is the first time I have heard him play part of Morning Sun. He is really good but Brian is an ace guitarist. So glad I have seen Brian play the Red Special. He is a humble and down to earth guy, who is helping to keep Rory's legacy alive. If Brian ever does a science seminar, I will take my brother along. My brother and me studied science and I still follow science closing even today. I want to ask him about Quantum Physics and New Biology that is coming in now. Brian did an interview with Russell Brandt. Russell is the same age as me and my God Brian must think our generation have high opinions. Well the children of hippies do. :lol: :lol: I won't tell Brian the government department I work for. On his blogg he don't like them but he makes good valid points. Brian is a very knowledgeable man. Having said that I would have loved to have seen Brian and Rory play guitar together and I still would like to see Brian play Rory's beloved Strat. Well he would do a better job then Joe Bossamassa. Joe you need to learn from your forefathers! Joe is only a few years younger then me.Subrata. :lol
Brian is an environmentalist and loves animals. When my online poetry book comes out on Mother Earth I will send him the link. He is such a great guy.
SUBY1974

Postby Lee61 » 23 Aug 2015, 05:35

Awesome stuff, I love Brain May and am a big Queen fan. They were in fact the first Big concert I went
to in 1976 when I was 15 years old. Morning Sun is one of my favourite Taste tracks too...it's a shame
the quality of vision is not so good, but we have to take what we can get I suppose.
Lee61

Postby Sinner Girl » 06 Sep 2015, 17:26

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM