RORY ~ Could've Had Religion & Marriage

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Re: RORY ~ Could've Had Religion & Marriage

Postby CiaSeattle » 13 Aug 2015, 15:24

It is hard to watch those last concerts, it does seem that the joy is missing although his playing is for the most part, superb as always. Thank you JayJay and robertasparrow for the welcomes! Roberta, I see you are in Oregon...obviously I'm in Seattle, so I guess we're sort of neighbors. :)
CiaSeattle

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Aug 2015, 16:03

CiaSeattle wrote:It is hard to watch those last concerts, it does seem that the joy is missing although his playing is for the most part, superb as always. Thank you JayJay and robertasparrow for the welcomes! Roberta, I see you are in Oregon...obviously I'm in Seattle, so I guess we're sort of neighbors. :)

Yep, you're only 1 state north of me. . . 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Annie Elliott » 13 Aug 2015, 19:23

The I Could Have Had Religion video is so intense, Rory listing all the sick blues musicians and the implication he was including himself. An amazing performance and so incredibly full of emotion - Rory at the peak of his craft. Still adorable and look at all the beautiful women in the audience who you know would have loved to get to know him. It's like he was dying of thirst with a sparkling glass of water right in front of him. Maybe he'd been disappointed in love so many times he'd given up and decided the water was always going to be poison.
Annie Elliott

Postby leftyaxeman » 14 Aug 2015, 16:56

I think Rory may have been burnt earlier in his life by a woman he loved and just didn't want to open himself up to the possibility of getting hurt again. He at that point, just decided he was going to be more guarded when it came to affairs of the heart. Just a theory I have.

Pete
leftyaxeman

Previous

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM