RORY GALLAGHER ~ THOUGHTS & MEMORIES "What's Going On" NOW?

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Re: What's Going On.. In Your.."RORY THOUGHTS"?? NOW!!

Postby capo » 05 Sep 2015, 17:41

I'm quite disappointed but not surprised to find that while some UK based publications like Mojo and Uncut have reviewed Taste's new boxset, mainstream sites like Rolling Stone, Spin, Allmusic, ect. have all but ignored it. Nor have I seen much press on the upcoming IOW release after checking Google for a few days now. It's a damn shame Rory is still not getting the widespread coverage he so richly deserves.
capo

Re: What's Going On.. In Your.."RORY THOUGHTS"?? NOW!!

Postby AnnaMaria » 06 Sep 2015, 10:01

When I first started to listen to Rorys Music and saw his performances on Youtube I thought I had never seen an artist keeping his Eyes closed so much as Rory did. I thought he must be very shy. Now I know he was shy though not on stage so I guess he Went in to that Music wonderland in his mind.

I havent seen any Reviews in Swedish Magazines either. Shame, shame, shame...
AnnaMaria

Re: RORY THOUGHTS & MEMORIES ~ "What's Going On" NOW??

Postby capo » 20 Sep 2015, 05:26

This is crazy to think about right now, with the IOW dvd and Taste box set just out, but, I'm thinking, whats next? Whats the next Rory release to look forward to? We humans are never satisfied! Does anyone know whats maybe coming down the pike?
capo

Re: RORY THOUGHTS & MEMORIES ~ "What's Going On" NOW??

Postby Jay Jay » 20 Sep 2015, 11:54

capo wrote:This is crazy to think about right now, with the IOW dvd and Taste box set just out, but, I'm thinking, whats next? Whats the next Rory release to look forward to? We humans are never satisfied! Does anyone know whats maybe coming down the pike?

Well Capo, I'm sure they'll be lots more Rory recording coming out in the near future to keep Daniel Gallagher busy mixing in his NY USA office base. :)

I'm surprised they came out this year with the Taste IOW and box set stuff.. As next year is the "50th Anniversary" of not just The Taste / Taste but also of.. "The Last Of The Independants " RORY'S musical career away from the showbands. So therefore I think Donal & Daniel will have some Rory recordings on the agenda for this special Rory year 2016. Plus we have Donal's long await book also of course to look forward too.

Rock On for Rory :)
Jay Jay

Previous

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM