REPLAY of RORY'S ~ Questionaire

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

REPLAY of RORY'S ~ Questionaire

Postby Jay Jay » 25 Jul 2015, 11:22

I know most of us RORY FANS have read this RORY Questionaire before..
Yet for those few fans that maybe haven't heard "RORY'S favourite things" here is an insight :)
For those who've seen RORY'S answers before.. it's still nice to look back.. and make a half smile to some of his humorous answers again :)

http://www.hotpress.com/Rory-Gallagher/ ... 56575.html

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: REPLAY of RORY Hot Press Questionaire

Postby capo » 25 Jul 2015, 12:10

Thanks for posting this Jay Jay. Not just for newbies but for us old hands too. I have'nt read this in years. There is a wealth of material I could comment on but I will offer just a few. Its interesting that Rory answers "electrocution" as his fear, Les Harvey and Keith Relf's deaths, among others, still fresh in his mind, I guess, but Rory never did use a wireless system. I wonder if he did try one but did not like it? Its funny, the very next answer of his, on mans best invention, is "electricity", Rory has a good sense of irony, and humor! His concept of Heaven, is his own "studio". Why did'nt he act on that? He was financially secure I think. This would have gave him a artistic outlet when his touring slowed done in his last years and he had too much time on his hands. It might have saved him, even producing other bands. It could have been.Lastly, on his greatest ambition, he answers to make "the album". I also recall him at other times, saying it was to score a film one day. To think what we all missed in these years without him. Peace.
capo

Re: REPLAY of RORY Hot Press Questionaire

Postby RobertaSparrow » 25 Jul 2015, 14:23

capo wrote:Thanks for posting this Jay Jay. Not just for newbies but for us old hands too. I have'nt read this in years. There is a wealth of material I could comment on but I will offer just a few. Its interesting that Rory answers "electrocution" as his fear, Les Harvey and Keith Relf's deaths, among others, still fresh in his mind, I guess, but Rory never did use a wireless system. I wonder if he did try one but did not like it? Its funny, the very next answer of his, on mans best invention, is "electricity", Rory has a good sense of irony, and humor! His concept of Heaven, is his own "studio". Why did'nt he act on that? He was financially secure I think. This would have gave him a artistic outlet when his touring slowed done in his last years and he had too much time on his hands. It might have saved him, even producing other bands. It could have been.Lastly, on his greatest ambition, he answers to make "the album". I also recall him at other times, saying it was to score a film one day. To think what we all missed in these years without him. Peace.

And he liked Mexican food, my favorite!
RobertaSparrow

Re: REPLAY of RORY ~ Hot Press Questionaire

Postby photofinish » 26 Jul 2015, 00:03

Hot press should hang there heads in shame...Rory saved it from going bust in 1982..there latest feature..top 50 gigs ever in Ireland......and Rory not included..DISGUSTING
photofinish

Postby capo » 26 Jul 2015, 00:55

Photofinish is absolutely right. They did list Rory's Macroom Festival gig in the summer of '77 as the number 1 festival though. Still, looking at the list of the 50 they did pick over some of Rory's great gigs is a joke.
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 26 Jul 2015, 07:01

capo wrote:Photofinish is absolutely right. They did list Rory's Macroom Festival gig in the summer of '77 as the number 1 festival though. Still, looking at the list of the 50 they did pick over some of Rory's great gigs is a joke.

I agree. Rory was a big supporter of Hot Press. And it isn't as if his shows don't stand on their own as being the best.
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 26 Jul 2015, 13:16

They are a bunch of toss pots. I have had it up to here to see Rory insulted!!! The main thing is he has US and we will do everything to fight his corner. Subrata. X :twisted: :evil: I will send them a curt e-mail today.
Happy 10.44pm. E-mail sent. X
Last edited by SUBY1974 on 26 Jul 2015, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
SUBY1974

Postby Jay Jay » 26 Jul 2015, 15:38

capo wrote:Thanks for posting this Jay Jay. Not just for newbies but for us old hands too. I have'nt read this in years. There is a wealth of material I could comment on but I will offer just a few. Its interesting that Rory answers "electrocution" as his fear, Les Harvey and Keith Relf's deaths, among others, still fresh in his mind, I guess, but Rory never did use a wireless system. I wonder if he did try one but did not like it? Its funny, the very next answer of his, on mans best invention, is "electricity", Rory has a good sense of irony, and humor! His concept of Heaven, is his own "studio". Why did'nt he act on that? He was financially secure I think. This would have gave him a artistic outlet when his touring slowed done in his last years and he had too much time on his hands. It might have saved him, even producing other bands. It could have been.Lastly, on his greatest ambition, he answers to make "the album". I also recall him at other times, saying it was to score a film one day. To think what we all missed in these years without him. Peace.

I think we've been diverted OFF TOPIC here a bit..

It ain't about Hot Press.. it's ALL about RORY'S ANSWERS on this TOPIC.. as Capo quite rightly points out a few with this post above :)

The electricity invention answer as you say is ironic absolutely. Especially considering also why and where Rory was born. The reason being is that Rory's father Danny only moved from Derry (Londonderry)in the North to Ballyshannon. So that he could work on the building of the hydro-electric dam there on the river Erne. Money and security for his impending larger Gallagher family. Little did Danny know it was for the future also of an electric guitar hero :)

Back On Bonus Track ;)
Jay Jay

Re: REPLAY of RORY'S ~ Questionaire

Postby Jay Jay » 26 Jul 2015, 18:54

PS. Mark (Photofinish) I thought you would have looked at the positive side of this Rory questions & answers..

You know Rory as well if not better than anybody on these boards. Surely being in his great company all those times..
You can see some of that tongue in cheek / humorous side of the answers he replied to the journalist??

To add a positive Rory vibe to this topic
Jay Jay

Re: REPLAY of RORY'S ~ Questionaire

Postby photofinish » 26 Jul 2015, 21:31

Jay Jay wrote:PS. Mark (Photofinish) I thought you would have looked at the positive side of this Rory questions & answers..

You know Rory as well if not better than anybody on these boards. Surely being in his great company all those times..
You can see some of that tongue in cheek / humorous side of the answers he replied to the journalist??

To add a positive Rory vibe to this topic

I read that donkeys years ago..Hot press should be ashamed of themselves...can't we voice our opinions on here??..i think Rory's memory has been slurred here...bearing in mind he kept them afloat..but hey ho...u cant please everyone.....
photofinish

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM