TASTE - LIVE @ ISLE Of WIGHT Film Premiere & Reviews

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Re: TASTE - NEW ISLE OF WIGHT FOOTAGE

Postby SUBY1974 » 24 Jul 2015, 22:58

Just to add, at work I checked my payslip on line, the day the Isle of Wight you tube clip came out. I was so happy, as I got my bonus. That will pay for my Cornwall trip this year and all the Taste stuff coming out. Perfect Rory synchronicity. I was also walking down a busy London street a week ago and thinking "Rory show me a sign of your presence now". I turned my head and see a cafe called "Taste". It does not get better then that. Subrata x :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Postby capo » 24 Jul 2015, 23:36

Does anybody else remember the "legend" about all of Taste's equipment being stolen right before the IOF show and they had to perform on borrowed instruments at the last minute? I recall reading that in several articles long ago, but, as can plainly be seen, untrue. Also, can someone tell me if those tall, thin speakers with the red word "Wem" on their face that surround the band are Taste's monitor system? Rory has his single Vox sitting on two folding chairs, and Charlie has his Orange stack I believe , but what are those "Wem"s?
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 25 Jul 2015, 06:43

capo wrote:Does anybody else remember the "legend" about all of Taste's equipment being stolen right before the IOF show and they had to perform on borrowed instruments at the last minute? I recall reading that in several articles long ago, but, as can plainly be seen, untrue. Also, can someone tell me if those tall, thin speakers with the red word "Wem" on their face that surround the band are Taste's monitor system? Rory has his single Vox sitting on two folding chairs, and Charlie has his Orange stack I believe , but what are those "Wem"s?

I noticed that too, Rory's playing his lifelong friend, The Strat, with its unmistakable wear patterns, and yes, the old Vox amp on two wooded folding chairs. And he must have opened with "What's Going On," because he is wearing a warm leather jacket, and you know that wouldn't stay on long once he gets going.
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 25 Jul 2015, 13:33

Thankyou also to Murray Lerner for filming Taste at The Isle of Wight. Just on my way to Ealing Blues Festival.Subrata X
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 25 Jul 2015, 14:30

JimLED wrote:Great news! Thank you Suby!

What do you think folks, the woman from Sinner Boy clip be in new film or not? :D

There's a naked woman in the audience? :shock: :? Just kidding, sort of, hadn't paid much attention to her. I don't care if they leave her in or not as long as they don't edit so much as one nanosecond out of Rory's performance. I don't care if she's juggling swords on a tabletop or handing out leaflets for a political campaign or spinning plates. For all I care, as long as they show the full uncut videos of band on the stage, whatever footage they have I want to see.
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 25 Jul 2015, 15:36

I agree. Nothing to distract from Rory and Taste's performance. Funnily I told my mother this morning that I am not a materialistic person. "Oh really?" , she replied. "How about going to the Ealing Blues festival in your free birthday suit?" :shock: :shock: That thought is shocking
enough. She has a sense of humour my mother. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Re: TASTE - NEW ISLE Of WIGHT FOOTAGE

Postby AnnaMaria » 25 Jul 2015, 21:54

Maybe the woman should be left out for her own sake. Maybe she was high, maybe she doesn´t want people to watch her naked body. What would Rory Think about it? He might be wondering about what it has to do with his Music.(Remeber Irish Tour: "as long as you´re not taking off your clothes...") And some would say "Gee, that´s what his Music made people do" Yeah right, or maybe it was just some illegal substance. What do we know.
I can drop my clothes anytime hearing Rory Music...but I´ll do it i private 8-)
AnnaMaria

Postby SUBY1974 » 25 Jul 2015, 22:56

Hi Anna I agree. I do tend to go on a bit about "women stuff" but I am a woman after all. I have a right to express myself as a woman. But I agree with 100% what you say. I also like to speak on behalf of other women too. Well my books are centered on women heroines. Anyway I am off to bed now. I had a long day at the Ealing Blues Festival. I am all rocked out. Will post pictures tomorrow. Goodnight. Hope we all meet Rory in our dreams at a nice rock festival "over there". He can play us an amazing concert. Sweet Rory dteams . Subrata. :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 25 Jul 2015, 23:04

AnnaMaria wrote:Maybe the woman should be left out for her own sake. Maybe she was high, maybe she doesn´t want people to watch her naked body. What would Rory Think about it? He might be wondering about what it has to do with his Music.(Remeber Irish Tour: "as long as you´re not taking off your clothes...") And some would say "Gee, that´s what his Music made people do" Yeah right, or maybe it was just some illegal substance. What do we know.
I can drop my clothes anytime hearing Rory Music...but I´ll do it i private 8-)

Well, she's all over YouTube already anyway, so it's a little too late for that. That was one of the 3 songs that were already out there before the release of the DVD. So, in cyberspace, she will forever be seen being dragged off the stage in the altogether to the tune of Sinnerboy.

RobertaSparrow

Postby AnnaMaria » 26 Jul 2015, 08:36

Yes Roberta, I know she´s all over Youtube and I´ve seen her too. That doesn´t mean it´s right or that she enjoys it. A lot of people do stupid things under alcohol or drugs.

Just imagine Rory doing the same thing watching Dylan or Muddy. :shock:

Just telling you what I feel and I hope it´s ok. Peace.
AnnaMaria

PreviousNext

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM