TASTE - LIVE @ ISLE Of WIGHT Film Premiere & Reviews

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Re: TASTE - NEW ISLE OF WIGHT FOOTAGE

Postby Annie Elliott » 24 Jul 2015, 02:10

Thanks Suby! Can't wait to get this!
Annie Elliott

Postby SUBY1974 » 24 Jul 2015, 13:46

Just watching the footage and looking out over the crowd of people at the festival. I am like thinking the fans should have i-phones to record the concert. Hello Suby it is 1970 back then! LOL. I can't imagine life without the digi age now. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Sinner Girl » 24 Jul 2015, 14:46

Jay Jay wrote:YES IT'S GREAT of course because IT'S TASTE & RORY'S considered HOLY GRAIL..

ROCK ON for RORY
Slainte, Jay Jay

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby leftyaxeman » 24 Jul 2015, 18:41

Can't wait to hear this! It will be mine! Thanks for posting.
leftyaxeman

Postby RobertaSparrow » 24 Jul 2015, 20:16

Sinner Girl wrote:
Jay Jay wrote:YES IT'S GREAT of course because IT'S TASTE & RORY'S considered HOLY GRAIL..

ROCK ON for RORY
Slainte, Jay Jay

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

Rory looks so delicious there. . . . :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Postby JimLED » 24 Jul 2015, 20:57

Great news! Thank you Suby!

What do you think folks, the woman from Sinner Boy clip be in new film or not? :D
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby SUBY1974 » 24 Jul 2015, 21:13

Here is a link where in the early 90s Rory talks briefly about Taste's performance at the Isle of Wight festival 1970. Go to 12:23 to 13:23. Subrata.
https://youtu.be/2zEXLVcWK0M
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 24 Jul 2015, 21:27

JimLED wrote:Great news! Thank you Suby!

What do you think folks, the woman from Sinner Boy clip be in new film or not? :D

I rather the lady in the nude was not in it. I find her well distracting :? She maybe my mum's age now. Sorry I am prudish lady - a bit old fashioned. I think there is a fine line between nudity and nakedness. I was so pleased when they got rid of page 3 in The Sun in the UK. Sorry my inner independent, strong 21st woman talking now. You will have to excuse me. A women's feminity and modesty is sacred. Mind you that lady in the footage is probably sun bathing and enjoying herself :lol: Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Jay Jay » 24 Jul 2015, 21:52

SUBY1974 wrote:
JimLED wrote:Great news! Thank you Suby!

I rather the lady in the nude was not in it. I find her well distracting :? She maybe my mum's age now. Sorry I am prudish lady - a bit old fashioned. I think there is a fine line between nudity and nakedness. I was so pleased when they got rid of page 3 in The Sun in the UK. Sorry my inner independent, strong 21st woman talking now. You will have to excuse me. A women's feminity and modesty is sacred. Mind you that lady in the footage is probably sun bathing and enjoying herself :lol: Subrata.x

That's how it was then in the late 60's to 70's. Natural for it to occur at a festival. The age of free love and flower power..
Have you guys and girls not seen the Woodstock festival film? There are loads of naked men and woman running around.
Suby you are a little prudish it seems to me. I think it is worse these days? With how the "POP industry" exploit all these almost naked women in these video's. Madonna started it and "POP music artists" have all taken it on even further since. Just to get attention and sell POP records :cry: :cry: :cry:

No Jim, I can't see them editing the naked lady out :)
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 24 Jul 2015, 22:32

I agree today the POP industry portrays women differently. I started liking music properly in the 1990s. Some now say to me that 1990s were a magical time for music. I remember clearly Madonna doing all her stuff and Kylie Minogue. Then later Britney Spears and into the millennium we have Miley Cyrus. :shock: :shock: I remember in the 1990s the attitude was to women "if you got it, flaunt it". I remember young girls like myself going fron permed hair and jeans, to baby t- shirts, cat suits, hot pants and minis. Yes I did wear baby T shirts. It was the fashion then. However I guess the 60s and 70s were more innocent, compared today. I went to a catholic school and college. My friends describe me a bit "Jane Eyre" and on "my high horse" with "high morals". I was brought up strictly. I do have my woman role models and some of the women entainers today have produced great music. I like to concentrate on that. I love Pink and her song "Stupid Girls". Her song sumd up how I feel. Don't forget I am a hippy at heart. ;) Its tough being a woman in the modern world today. I have to be strong, single minded and positive. That's a whole other topic. I like a women to be valued for who they are. :) Lecture over.
SUBY1974

PreviousNext

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM