Notes From San Francisco Revisted

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Re: Notes From San Francisco Revisted

Postby RobertaSparrow » 30 Jul 2015, 06:47

Moderating= cat herding. I'm too weary for a flurry of negativity. We're all here to remember Rory Gallagher and his music, but the fact of the matter is, after a time all these sites start to spin in circles and repeat themselves. Well, that's pretty much okay, because much of it is about keeping Rory's music and legacy vibrant for all of us who are here, but also for the newer members who heard his music and are curious, they stop by the various sites wanting to learn more, and isn't that why we're here?

We do have some "new" releases looming on the horizon, I am so looking forward to the IOW video release. Most likely with that release there will be a flurry of renewed interest and people who are only now discovering Rory's music. That's a good thing. There will be questions asked, and for those of us who've already been here, done that, it might be easy to say, well we've already addressed that, but lets keep in mind, those questions are new to the people asking them. That's why we're here.

Well, they say it's a lie, a joke
That you are living
But you know one thing they don't
You won't give in

'Cause you're like a cat, chasin' its tail
Makes a million circles but you're gonna fail
Look down you just don't understand
RobertaSparrow

Postby Sid_Sidow » 02 Aug 2015, 01:45

" I'm too weary for a flurry of negativity. We're all here to remember Rory Gallagher and his music"

Understood - negativity can be just abject negativity. BUT am I just supposed to sit back and love everything?????
To this day, I feel Rory tossing it in the bin was the best thing!! A better product was released with Photo-Finish.

I remember his life and music everyday!! I find every music/blues lover and talk of Rory. Just found someone in my office with piles of Rory CDs!!!
If my only option is to agree with everything.......... maybe I should just leave the forum.
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 02 Aug 2015, 03:52

Sid_Sidow wrote:" I'm too weary for a flurry of negativity. We're all here to remember Rory Gallagher and his music"

Understood - negativity can be just abject negativity. BUT am I just supposed to sit back and love everything?????
To this day, I feel Rory tossing it in the bin was the best thing!! A better product was released with Photo-Finish.

I remember his life and music everyday!! I find every music/blues lover and talk of Rory. Just found someone in my office with piles of Rory CDs!!!
If my only option is to agree with everything.......... maybe I should just leave the forum.

:mrgreen: I didn't mean it that way. NFSF isn't my favorite of Rory's, and there is something decidedly off with it, like, for the most part, his heart really wasn't in it, he was perhaps in a different frame of mind or something. Still there are moments, and if it had never been released we would always wonder why did he toss it. And don't get me wrong- I would buy it again if I didn't have it, and the live disc is one of his best.

The negativity I was referring to was more a carry-over from other sites, and a very unpleasant experience here from last year that occasionally re-rears its ugly pointed little head.

I apologize if you thought I was criticizing you or your comments, I wasn't. 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 02 Aug 2015, 04:08

Sid_Sidow wrote:" I'm too weary for a flurry of negativity. We're all here to remember Rory Gallagher and his music"

I agree with you Sid. Recently this week ( this is a bit off topic) I voiced an opinion on a subject in which I saw the good and down side to friends. I was accused on focusing to much on the negative and I had to agreed with their opinions on this subject. I have learnt that its OK to express one's view and its OK to be positive with the negative. Its called duality. You need the polar opposites. Its makes discussions more varied and interesting. It shows honesty and integrity. I don't have to agree with everything or like everything. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Jay Jay » 02 Aug 2015, 21:37

Sid_Sidow wrote:To this day, I feel Rory tossing it in the bin was the best thing!! A better product was released with Photo-Finish.

I also agree with you Sid here on this one.. Been playing "Photo Finish" again today while I sat in the garden.. Only played NFSF once :)

They're playing " Photo Finish " on Planet Rock radio station tomorrow night too :)

Rock On here for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby CiaSeattle » 03 Aug 2015, 15:19

As a new Rory fan, I think it's great that you long time fans do revisit subjects you have discussed before. Much as I would like to read this entire forum from beginning to end, time constraints have not made that possible (although I hope to do so at some point). So thank you all for your postings, and your patience if we "newbies" ask questions which have been gone over before.
CiaSeattle

Postby RobertaSparrow » 03 Aug 2015, 16:57

CiaSeattle wrote:As a new Rory fan, I think it's great that you long time fans do revisit subjects you have discussed before. Much as I would like to read this entire forum from beginning to end, time constraints have not made that possible (although I hope to do so at some point). So thank you all for your postings, and your patience if we "newbies" ask questions which have been gone over before.

Welcome to Rory's home on the internet CiaSeattle! :D
RobertaSparrow

Previous

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM