Cork show in 1080p. When?

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Cork show in 1080p. When?

Postby JimLED » 01 Jul 2015, 20:47

Today enjoyed myself watching this great show. Sure, this show is your favorite too. But why we still haven't play it in full HD?
Is there a chance to see it (and other great vhs shows) remastered like IT'74"?

Jim
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Re: Cork show in 1080p. When?

Postby Jay Jay » 02 Jul 2015, 12:36

JimLED wrote:Today enjoyed myself watching this great show. Sure, this show is your favorite too. But why we still haven't play it in full HD?

Jim

Not being so technically minded as yourself Jim on this one.. You'll have to excuse me if I'm off the beam on this my answer to your question but..
As I watched the original showing of this Cork Show " Messin With The Kid " in 1987 on UK's channel 4 TV. The original source would be just TV video tape. Unlike as IT'74 Tony Palmer 1080p cinema film tape. My guess is that they cannot get the HD quality as great from the old TV video tapes. As they can from the older much better quality film reel tapes?
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 02 Jul 2015, 17:01

Jay Jay wrote:
JimLED wrote:Today enjoyed myself watching this great show. Sure, this show is your favorite too. But why we still haven't play it in full HD?

Jim

Not being so technically minded as yourself Jim on this one.. You'll have to excuse me if I'm off the beam on this my answer to your question but..
As I watched the original showing of this Cork Show " Messin With The Kid " in 1987 on UK's channel 4 TV. The original source would be just TV video tape. Unlike as IT'74 Tony Palmer 1080p cinema film tape. My guess is that they cannot get the HD quality as great from the old TV video tapes. As they can from the older much better quality film reel tapes?

Well, with the wonders of the digital age they can clean up video and sound quality quite a bit, without losing the essence of the original recording. They can work miracles it seems. I'd be interested in seeing such an enhancement if it was available.
RobertaSparrow

Postby JimLED » 02 Jul 2015, 20:56

Thank you guys for your answers.

Jay Jay. I think source tape were not vhs. Vhs is a tape for home only, but I think they used Beta equipment. Beta tape were bit better, but still has the same resolution as VHS (720x576). Upscale only, this is the way... but, the trick...
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby RobertaSparrow » 03 Jul 2015, 00:34

I just want to see the Taste videos :) can't wait for that :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 03 Jul 2015, 10:21

RobertaSparrow wrote:I just want to see the Taste videos :) can't wait for that :lol: :lol: :lol:

The good news is that TASTE Live @ The Isle Of Wight will be in HD.. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

As Murray Lerner released " Isle Of Wight Festival " aka " Message of Love " films already in HD ;)
http://nwfilmforum.org/live/page/series-archive/1382
Jay Jay

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM