Remembering Rory ~ On this date in Rory history: June 14

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Re: Remembering Rory ~ On this date in Rory history: June 14

Postby Dwana Horner » 14 Jun 2015, 19:37

I went to mass this morning. I lit a votive candle on the right of the main Altar. I was "talking" to whatever spirit with an "open" ear.
I put the wooden candle lighter inside a tall glass with two inches of sand and I thought the flame was out. I stood there softly speaking to myself about Rory, how long he's been gone, "Thanking him for all the times he's been in my dreams, all the times he's watched over me.

(I did this before mass started)

Something make me look over at the tall glass with the sand, and the wooden stick has been burning the entire time and most
of it had fallen out and had chard black. The rest of the stick (two inches) was still inside the votive holder. I didn't "feel" the Heat, see the "smoke" nor did I "feel" the flame. I was only mildly surprised as I picked up the larger chard of the candle lighter, still hot
and removed the rest of the wooden stick from the votive holder (size of a normal tea candle) I guess the spirit of "Rory" was standing
next to me watching this wooden stick used to light candles burning and I wasn't aware of it till the flames went out. I cleaned up the chard blackened stick and before sitting down for service, this time, ran cold water over the wooden piece that was still warm and sort
of 'burned the tip of my two fingers on my right hand.
"Rory Gallagher.. still protecting me when I'm not paying attention. "
Dwana Horner

Postby SUBY1974 » 14 Jun 2015, 19:44

Tribute by John Spillane to Rory
https://youtu.be/uUBhJQv7UnQ
SUBY1974

Postby Annie Elliott » 14 Jun 2015, 19:55

Never forgotten, rock in peace Rory.
Annie Elliott

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Jun 2015, 20:01

heatison wrote:Listening to a lot of your songs today Rory.
I heard a request played on Planet Rock this afternoon, was it your message Jay Jay that was read out after Crest of a wave?
Very nice.

That's right heatison it was I. Nice of the DJ Murray to read out on a national radio station..

"On this day 20 years ago, the world lost probably the greatest and most Tasteful guitarists that the world has ever seen RORY GALLAGHER. As Bono said after Rory's passing. Rory was not only one of the top ten guitarists of all time. He was one of the top ten great guys / human beings of all time " :)

Jay Jay

Postby heatison » 14 Jun 2015, 20:10

A soon as Murray said Tasteful guitarist I knew it was going to be you Jay Jay.
It was nice to hear that the radio station had had so many requests to Play a Rory song today.
heatison

Postby redlarion » 14 Jun 2015, 22:06

Dear Rory... in the shining Heaven - as like as the kind Angel of the Lord - please, just help to care our Souls ...
redlarion

Postby pistol slapper! » 14 Jun 2015, 23:44

Aye Rory- where have the years gone? First saw him at the Music hall in Aberdeen in the early 70s. 3 piece band with Gerry and Wilgar-unbeatable! Followed him since all round the British isles. Most outstanding event was at the Apollo in Glasgow, again in the (late)70's. Talented guitarist and bursting with enthusiaism.

When you read the comments from generations of his peers in the music world, they all agree to a man that he had the talent and the humble nature to beat everyone else.He gave me lots of brilliant musical moments, both on stage and in vinyl at home. Sorely missed.
pistol slapper!

Postby Lee61 » 15 Jun 2015, 03:47

Remembering the great man today...missed by us all xx
Lee61

Postby heatison » 15 Jun 2015, 11:40

Well done Planet Rock's Paul Anthony, he played the Full Irish Memorial this morning.
Three Rory tracks in a row.
Shadow Play
Bad Penny
Bullfrog Blues
heatison

Postby vasdis » 15 Jun 2015, 17:45

B****r,heard him announce it on my way to work,unfortunately i was there before they came on,would have been a nice change from PR's constant ramblings about the weekend's Download Festival.Yesterday i posted Calling Card from The
BBC Sessions on The Rock Forum and somebody posted Out On The Western Plain ,by way of commemeration .I Think
Calling Card and A Million Miles Away were both definitive Rory tunes .BTW do PR do an i-player type thing where
you can listen to stuff played earlier?,i will have a look,fingers crossed.
vasdis

PreviousNext

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM