Remembering Rory ~ On this date in Rory history: June 14

№1 RORY FORUM PAGE. For Rory Gallagher. Discuss Rory related things with respect always!

Remembering Rory ~ On this date in Rory history: June 14

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Jun 2013, 16:01

Jay Jay wrote:6/14/1995 London GB King`s College Hospital Day of death

RORY GALLAGHER this day from this place, 20 years ago today. May have joined that great band of 'Blues Angels' in the heavens. Yet there is absolutely no doubt, his legacy and great music, will always be in our hearts /souls & minds forever more.

Kings College Hospital.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Jay Jay

Re: On this date in Rory history: June 14

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Jun 2014, 18:11

For you Rory, a million miles away. We love you, we won't forget you.

RobertaSparrow

This Day in Rory history: 14 June

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Jun 2015, 04:58

On this sad day in Rory history: June 14 :cry:
Were you there? Have any stories? Any new information?

6/14/1969 High Wycombe GB Town Hall
6/14/1972 Liverpool GB Stadium
6/14/1974 Nottingham GB University
6/14/1985 Brooklyn USA L'Amour's 62nd Street Bayshore

6/14/1995 London GB King`s College Hospital Day of death :(
Gone, but he is with us forever

Rory RIP.jpg

john g http://www.roryon.com/
http://www.rorygallagherairport.com/

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rory ... alloffame/ . . . the link to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, if you haven't signed it, please pretty please do that. :D
RobertaSparrow

Re: On this date in Rory history: June 14

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Jun 2015, 10:51

Remembering on this day 20 years ago. We lost probably the Greatest and most Tasteful Guitarist - singer - songwriter.
That the world has ever seen. Our musical hero Rory Gallagher R.I.P.

Remember Rory.jpg
Remember Rory.jpg (108.41 KiB) Viewed 162 times
Jay Jay

Re: Remembering Rory ~ On this date in Rory history: June 14

Postby Irishcelticgirl » 14 Jun 2015, 11:57

When I'm light years from here in some other space, let me take the tear from your eye. X
Irishcelticgirl

Postby capo » 14 Jun 2015, 13:22

He's alive and well in all our hearts and minds. And when we are all gone, he will live on in future generations hearts and minds. He abides. Peace.
capo

Postby AnnaMaria » 14 Jun 2015, 15:20

I will not stop listening to his Music! I will remember him.
AnnaMaria

Postby SUBY1974 » 14 Jun 2015, 17:02

Dearest Rory, On the 12/06/1995 I took my final exams at University and two days later you left us and we miss you. I began my life as a young adult woman, facing reality and the world after Higher Education. In the last 20 years I had to mature and grow up fast. Even I could not have predicted how fast the world would have changed with digital technology, mobile phones, internet etc. In 2003 I began my self discovery journey ( in spirituality and creativity) and in 2006 Susie began a similar journey as well. In a dream she discovered your music and she knew she would meet someone to share the love of your music. In 2007 Susie and I met at Waltham Cross through work. I already liked rock music, was learning the acoustic guitar and liked Ireland. I was the last person you would imagine to like rock music! We became friends and Susie told me about you. I bought your CD and heard I Fall Apart that evening. The end guitar bit did something to me. A psychic experience and you and your music touched my soul. After that I became a life long fan.
Since then you have become a mentor, guide, teacher, second father figure and friend to us. I don't know what the next 20years will bring but we are living in "awakened times". However one thing is for sure, your legacy will live on another 20years and beyond. With upcoming young musicians who play your music, your legacy is safe. I feel its time for me to give back now through writing, motivational work and maybe music and to settle. Susie is settled and giving through her music.
I wanted to add we remember your mum Monica Gallagher, Lou Martin, Rod De ath, Eric Kitteringham, Wilgar Campbell, Rodney Hunter and Dimitris Maniatis and many others whom we have lost on the earth plane.
Also many thanks to all those who support Rory's legacy and memory. The sheer hard work is amazing. Its great to be part of The Rory Gallagher Family of Friends and Fans in the world. Donal and Rory's family are in my thoughts and prayers today.
Finally as I told you in Ballincollig this year Rory, Susie and I will continue to play guitar. One day, in the not so long distant future you will play a very special concert for us and we will play with you on stage. It was good to be with you in Cork for the 20th anniversary. Till then stay safe. Look after all of us. All our love Subrata and Susie.xxxx
https://youtu.be/RFU's Wheels Within Wheels by Rory Gallagher.
Last edited by SUBY1974 on 14 Jun 2015, 23:01, edited 4 times in total.
SUBY1974

Postby leftyaxeman » 14 Jun 2015, 17:24

Remembering Rory by playing his music. I'm playing Tattoo'd Lady with my band today. RIP Rory, gone but definitely not forgotten.

Slainte, Pete
leftyaxeman

Postby heatison » 14 Jun 2015, 17:35

Listening to a lot of your songs today Rory.
I heard a request played on Planet Rock this afternoon, was it your message Jay Jay that was read out after Crest of a wave?
Very nice.
heatison

Next

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • TASTE•FUL • HOMEPAGE