RORY STORY ~ Fav of The Week

#1 Rory Page for Discussioin.. Topics RG Related with Respect Always

RORY STORY ~ Fav of The Week

Postby Jay Jay » 10 Apr 2015, 15:32

We don't have the likes as with FB so put your fav post of the week here..
Plus this is for all you Rory Fans who might have missed this great post by Klawley, in another section On The Boards ;)

Re: On this date in Rory history: June 22,1985
Postby Klawley » 09 Apr 2015, 00:26

The Chestnut Cabaret show was actually on Saturday, June 22, 1985. I brought a dozen red roses to give to Rory. I gave them to the bouncer after the show and asked if he could get them to Rory. The bouncer returned to say that we were welcome to join Rory backstage. He was so sweet and kind to us. We sat on wooden benches and chatted like old friends. He took out his harmonica and began to play. It was not easy to remain calm, cool, and collected while hanging out with our hero. But he made it comfortable and it is a night I will always remember. What an incredibly humble person he was!
Klawley
Jay Jay

Re: RORY STORY ~ Fav of The Week

Postby RobertaSparrow » 10 Apr 2015, 23:55

Jay Jay wrote:We don't have the likes as with FB so put your fav post of the week here..
Plus this is for all you Rory Fans who might have missed this great post by Klawley, in another section On The Boards ;)

Re: On this date in Rory history: June 22,1985
Postby Klawley » 09 Apr 2015, 00:26

The Chestnut Cabaret show was actually on Saturday, June 22, 1985. I brought a dozen red roses to give to Rory. I gave them to the bouncer after the show and asked if he could get them to Rory. The bouncer returned to say that we were welcome to join Rory backstage. He was so sweet and kind to us. We sat on wooden benches and chatted like old friends. He took out his harmonica and began to play. It was not easy to remain calm, cool, and collected while hanging out with our hero. But he made it comfortable and it is a night I will always remember. What an incredibly humble person he was!
Klawley

I think I would have to say this is my favorite.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Tibbierocks » 11 Apr 2015, 17:41

Taking roses to Rory - that's smooth. Like this story.
Tibbierocks

Postby AnnaMaria » 12 Apr 2015, 20:46

Roses, would never dare to bring that. Maybe a cd with good music rather.... :oops:
AnnaMaria

Postby Tibbierocks » 13 Apr 2015, 06:14

I was thinking I would have gone with a batch of my stem ginger biscuits, which are rather good. Bet they didn't get much home cooking on the road. :-D
Tibbierocks

Postby AnnaMaria » 14 Apr 2015, 08:37

Ginger biscuits sounds really good. He´ll love that.
Honestly, I would never go backstage anyway, too shy there I guess.
When I picture myself doing that I see how I stumble across the dressingroom door with my Donald Duck feet and make a fall forward just to give Rory a Danish Head. (that´s when you hit someone very hard in the head with your own head...kind off...)so I´ll sneak backwards out again before it happens and...phew, that was close...
AnnaMaria

Postby Tibbierocks » 14 Apr 2015, 20:21

I know what you mean about how at the crucial moment something goes horribly wrong and you end up red faced, but I would have given the chance. When I met Robert Plant that was completely by chance and I just drifted towards him not knowing what I was going to say.... lucky he started talking to me. I just knew that was my one chance at meeting one of the Zep, so I had to take it.
Tibbierocks

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM