Which CD do you prefer in RG IT-74?

#1 Rory Page for Discussioin.. Topics RG Related with Respect Always

Which CD do you prefer in RG IT-74?

Postby Tom Jonas » 10 Jan 2015, 19:11

No doubt which one I choose.
Cork City Hall No.1
I have been playing this one since they arrived in october (?) in my car. Because that is where I really can play it with a maximal-tolerable volume. (No crashed speaker yet, as in my previous car) Probably a nuisance, people stare at me with strange looks.
And it gets better with every session, I have probably Heard it several 100 times now.
But I will give the others a chance,
Tom Jonas

Re: Which CD do you prefer in RGIT-74?

Postby capo » 10 Jan 2015, 20:01

Cork without a doubt. Everything came together, the sound, mix, vibe, and Rory's playing. Unsurpassed greatness! My favorite "Tattoo'd Lady" of all time too.
capo

Postby SUBY1974 » 10 Jan 2015, 20:03

Cork. I am writing a little review on the boxset. Will post soon. Been hearing it a lot! Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Tom Jonas » 10 Jan 2015, 20:12

Everything came together, the sound, mix, vibe, and Rory's playing

You hit the nail! That is probably why it sounds so good.
I am glad we agree!
But as I said, I have to listen to all of them before you'll get my verdict.
Tom Jonas

Postby Tom Jonas » 10 Jan 2015, 21:27

Every time I listen to CD:s or DVD:s I miss the "live-feeling"
With this I probably mean the base sound. In a live concert you could feel the base. Infrasounds. Like elephants running around on the steppes, who feel infrasounds. Don't ask me how anyone knows this.
That is why we never can recreate the right sound in our lousy speakers!

My plan is to invest in a fairly expensive Equipment, including big subwoofers and great stuff for the rest. Will I succeed?
I will use it before lunch, before my wife arrives. There could be problems with our Norwegian Forrest Cat and the Maine Coon. Will they be neurotic wrecks?
Our Maine Coon is on the way, almost nervous breakdowns when the cleaning lady starts the Hoover. UnlessI hide with her behind the bed.
Tom Jonas

Postby AnnaMaria » 11 Jan 2015, 17:29

Aww, that subwoofer. I have only one but it certanly creates an interesting elephantcorner. I also have five speakers around the room. Rory everywhere and an elephant stomping :roll: By the way that stomping elephant (and I don´t mean me...I think) use to make the rest of the family nervous and flee from the house.
AnnaMaria

Re: Which CD do you prefer in RG IT-74?

Postby RobertaSparrow » 12 Jan 2015, 00:36

Cork. And as far as cranking the volume, my cats and dog are used to hearing Rory loud. Not as loud as he could get in concert, of course, but loud enough, and they seem to like it enough to not leave, and you who have cats know how they can be if they don't like something. (The very sight of Mr. Hoover sends them flying through the doors and away, but music? My felines have good taste :lol: :lol: )

If I want to hear the detail, every nuance in Rory's playing or completely immerse myself in the performance, I listen with the best headphones I have, that is always better than the best set of speakers for being completely in the moment. IMO. :)
RobertaSparrow

Re: Which CD do you prefer in RG IT-74?

Postby Tom Jonas » 14 Jan 2015, 07:36

I agree that headphones are very good to hear details better. The danger is that you have the volume too loud and end up with a chronic tinnitus. I think this is very difficult to get with your average speakers at home. You might need volumes which only are obtained with a good PA set-up, like in a live concert.
Tom Jonas

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM