RORY On BBC TV One Show Tonight!

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

RORY On BBC TV One Show Tonight!

Postby photofinish » 07 Jan 2015, 16:10

Andy Kershaw feature on Rory being broadcast at 7pm on One Show on BBC 1 tonight
photofinish

Re: One Show

Postby Mandyl » 07 Jan 2015, 18:15

Cheers, set up to record
Mandyl

Re: RORY On BBC TV One Show Tonight!

Postby photofinish » 07 Jan 2015, 20:30

Sorry folks its been cancelled at last min..according to Andy Kershaw's message I just got..
photofinish

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Jan 2015, 20:36

Here's Andy's message from FB..

Andy Kershaw
42 mins ·
Apologies! And sorry if it's messed you around. But I've just been told by The One Show that they have postponed the broadcast of my Rory Gallagher film, and interview with Slash. (It was to have gone out this evening). They haven't yet given me a new date for transmission, but I'll let you know here as soon as I know.

Earlier Comment
Rory Gallagher - The One Show
My interview with Slash, about our shared enthusiasm for Rory Gallagher, should be on The One Show tonight at 7pm on BBC1.
I went to Dublin in early December to talk to the former Guns & Roses guitarist, just before he played an arena gig there. Rory was a significant influence on Slash, one of those who first inspired him to pick up the guitar. Rory was hugely important to me too -

Donal ~ Slash ~ Andy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 07 Jan 2015, 21:04

I was sitting there for 50 minutes. All they kept talking about London being strewn with litter. I bloody know that. I live in London's tip. I see litter everywhere and everyday. London is a pigsty!!! What happened? They better set a new day or The One Show will get a whole bunch of e-mails for me. You don't do this to Rory. Grrrrr. The whole family was looking forward to it and now have to tell Susie. Told everyone on FB. Anyway thankyou Mark for letting us know :D Grrrr I am fuming. :twisted: :twisted: :( :evil: :evil: Rock On for Rory. I won't swear on LT and Rory would say its unladylike but to The One Show I give the two fingered salute! Arrange the date soon The One Show. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Postby Mandyl » 07 Jan 2015, 21:21

Bother! At least I recorded it without having to watch it. There will be emails from me too if they don't set a date soon. They better not start messing with the kid (or Rory)!
Mandyl

Postby SUBY1974 » 07 Jan 2015, 22:02

They had a slot about a competition where people ( was it in Sweden?) threw Christmas trees. The idea is who could toss the Christmas tree the furthest! Its no joke. I mean I thought it was a joke. :shock: What a load tosh and they could not fit Rory in? They chose toshing Christmas trees instead???? Also Christmas trees are living. I don't think they would appreciate being tossed around like that :roll: The One Show is just that A JOKE! Subrata.x Christmas trees do have rights! :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 07 Jan 2015, 23:15

Just heard they toss the Christmas trees in Germany! Well if Germany and England were tossing Christmas trees no doubt England would lose in the penalty shoot out. Southgate eat your heart out! See Eurocup 1996 and you will see what I mean. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby AnnaMaria » 08 Jan 2015, 07:47

Awww Suby, I feel guilty about the christmastrees. Strange things are happening up here. :oops: I really hope you all will get to see the program soon. I haven´t got BBC so I hope to get a glimpse from you maybe. I promise I won´t throw my christmastree away, it´s still here looking Beautiful with both Elisabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots. They are not hanging too Close in case of...trouble. :roll:
AnnaMaria

Postby RobertaSparrow » 08 Jan 2015, 15:40

:( We don't get BBC TV One over here anyway. I will have to depend on the kindness of whomever records it and put it up on YouTube. I am surprised that Rory's show got bumped for an episode on tree-tossing. I figured maybe that terrorist attack in France maybe. But Christmas tree tossing?

BTW, I have a fake tree, so I wouldn't feel too sorry for it if I tossed it, but that would be wasteful. The whole point in having a fake tree (here in the state where live Christmas Trees are one of the biggest exports) is to not be so wasteful. ;)

Just point me to the link when it's aired so I can hear it, if you please. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM