Donal. Slash, and The Strat

#1 Rory Page for Discussioin.. Topics RG Related with Respect Always

Donal. Slash, and The Strat

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Nov 2014, 04:11

For those who charge straight into the Forum, on the site's main page,

http://www.rorygallagher.com/#/news/201 ... ratocaster

Donal, and Slash holding The Strat with the respect it demands. :mrgreen: Nice little article!
RobertaSparrow

Re: Donal. Slash, and The Strat

Postby capo » 15 Nov 2014, 18:59

From the the photo it seems The Strat is plugged into a little amp behind Slash on the left, which means he of course played it. I wonder, like Johnny Marr, we will get to see a video of this. Also, I wonder why Slash wasn't given the honor of playing it onstage that night, like Joe B. was. He did open with the Rory influenced "Avalon".
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Nov 2014, 20:00

capo wrote:From the the photo it seems The Strat is plugged into a little amp behind Slash on the left, which means he of course played it. I wonder, like Johnny Marr, we will get to see a video of this. Also, I wonder why Slash wasn't given the honor of playing it onstage that night, like Joe B. was. He did open with the Rory influenced "Avalon".

Slash seems to have a great deal of respect for Rory, I can't imagine him not wanting to play it. But I think he declined to play it on stage out of respect for Rory. Just a guess, I don't know. But that's what I'd like to think.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Tom Jonas » 15 Nov 2014, 20:44

The first thing I noticed when I got my Strat out from the package (and tuning it) was how very good the sound was without any electricity or amps! The body must have been made in some excellent wood. I have Always wondered if that had any impact on the overall excellency of this guitar, how did Rory's weatherbeaten Strat sound unplugged? Hardly of importance, Everything was solved with electricity for Rory,
Unfortunately I'll have to sell my beloved guitar. Troubling arthritis in my left hand fingers. Not as much as Keith Richards, but enough to discourage me.
Tom Jonas

Postby capo » 15 Nov 2014, 21:33

That is sad Tom that you will have to let your Strat go. I know how it is. I now can not play more than a few minutes till my left hand goes painfully numb, due to I guess carpo syndrome and arthitits. I have not used a pick in years, same thing in my right hand. Its easier to pick with my fingers. Alas, old age.
capo

Postby Tom Jonas » 15 Nov 2014, 22:00

That's life!
My 2nd and third fingers on the left hand are bent at the distal joint. I cannot make clean chords using the second finger any longer pressing over all strings.
Tried the Clapton solo of "While my guitar...." on the 14th band. How the hell did he manage it with all involved fingers?
However, Keith Richards hand seems to be more affected, but he's got a lot of support making his superb Gimmie Shelter. And he only use one or two fingers.
Tom Jonas

Postby SUBY1974 » 15 Nov 2014, 23:01

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Postby Tom Jonas » 22 Nov 2014, 19:59

I'll start again . Playing like Bo Diddely or playing bottleneck with guitar tuned in an open E, for example.
Tom Jonas

Postby Tibbierocks » 24 Nov 2014, 11:49

I've no doubt after reading Donal's post that Rory very much was presence that day and was leading a hand to make sure all went well - and no doubt keeping an eye on his guitar as well.
Tibbierocks

Postby SUBY1974 » 29 Nov 2014, 23:43

I agree. I believe Rory spirit is with us. Serendipity and synchronicity is a real phenomena and Rory guitar is alive. This is my belief. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM