Gerry McAvoy Thread

№1 RORY FORUM PAGE. For Rory Gallagher. Discuss Rory related things with respect always!

Re: Turncoat McAvoy Again Slanders Rory

Postby RobertaSparrow » 04 Oct 2014, 00:14

Annie Elliott wrote:
Jay Jay wrote:Can we stick to the topic please..

NO MORE OF THIS PERSONAL STUFF TOWARDS EACH OTHER PLEASE

As the rules state here.. "If a post gets under your skin take your battle to PM's / emails"

DON'T POST THEM ON HERE!

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

I want to apologize for letting this last bit get under my skin, as it certainly did.

But I would request of people - please don't state things as fact when they have no basis, about Rory or anyone else. That's as disrespectful as any insult. Hopefully this is the bitter end of the whole d@mn'd unpleasant business.

By the way, I found out Rory had a manager before Kennedy - he was a friend of someone I met in Cork:
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/ar ... 48356.html

Annie, no need to apologize. The only problem with taking a response to PMs or emails is, it only works if the other person reads the emails or PMs, instead of finding other avenues. I myself hope someday to be able to meet this person in the flesh and deliver an in-person PM, after a fashion.

RobertaSparrow

Postby photofinish » 04 Oct 2014, 09:11

Too many people hide behind keyboards..i got personally attacked on another Rory site..in fact I was slandered..for sticking up for Gerry...i messaged the said person,requesting a personal meeting..so to speak...surprise surprise..never got a reply..i would glady meet uo with people and discuss things..myself and JJ have known each other years..and were always agreeing to disagree..but we met up over a beer 2 months ago.and had a good catch up about all things Rory..how it should be...
photofinish

Postby Jay Jay » 04 Oct 2014, 11:58

photofinish wrote:Too many people hide behind keyboards..i got personally attacked on another Rory site..in fact I was slandered..for sticking up for Gerry...i messaged the said person,requesting a personal meeting..so to speak...surprise surprise..never got a reply..i would glady meet uo with people and discuss things..myself and JJ have known each other years..and were always agreeing to disagree..but we met up over a beer 2 months ago.and had a good catch up about all things Rory..how it should be...

I agree totally buddy. Too many especially the Facebook - Faceless - Folk???
There are many now using ONLY the " Rory Gallagher " name. Me thinks just for attention seeking for themselves :(

Regarding the Gerry situation you must admit Mark (photofinish). That after the mistakes and untruths in his RS book. It did cause a bit of a divide and difference of opinions concerning Rory fans. Of which Rory would not have been very happy about..

As when in our day seeing RORY live performing at all those many many fantastic concerts..
WE WERE ALL UNITED FOR JUST RORY at THE CENTRE OF THE STAGE & THE WORLD :)
As far we were concerned as fans back then :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 04 Oct 2014, 12:04

I see your point Mark. I myself am not too kindly disposed toward Gerry, no point going over it again, we both know the other's position on the matter. But we can agree on the man himself. As I have said before, ask me to take a side, and I will take Rory's, every time. I think we can all agree on that. And on your other point I agree 100%. A face to face meeting can be very cathartic to settle "misunderstandings." :mrgreen:
RobertaSparrow

Postby Annie Elliott » 04 Oct 2014, 14:51

I can't make the Cork Festival in 2015 but I'm thinking of going in 2016 (with a detour to Dingle, hehe).
Last edited by Annie Elliott on 15 Jun 2015, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
Annie Elliott

Postby AnnaMaria » 04 Oct 2014, 20:10

At last, this is how it always should be. Friendship on the net. We are different, we think different but that doesn´t mean we cant meet in interesting discussions. Just a Little patience needed.

In fact I am Reading "The Book" right now. And guess what surprises me the most? I read it in German and I understand what it says! :D
I read German in school in the 70ies and sice then I haven´t come close to the language so I´m very happy.
About the book?? Well, who knows what´s true or not....I can read German!!!!
AnnaMaria

Postby RobertaSparrow » 04 Oct 2014, 22:08

:lol: :lol: I should have gotten the German language version, I would have enjoyed it more . . . :lol: :lol:
RobertaSparrow

Postby Tibbierocks » 06 Oct 2014, 10:08

Over the years, I've met up with lots of people from various message boards and I've met some very nice people. Most notable is my friend sylvia who I spoke to online and met in person at a gig 10 years ago and I've been friends with ever since. Annie, I think a 2016 in Cork is a good idea. :-) i've sent you a message.
Tibbierocks

Postby photofinish » 06 Oct 2014, 13:43

My longest Rory freind is Dino McGartland..been friends for 30 years.....and were meeting up in 2 weeks in Liverpool
photofinish

Postby RobertaSparrow » 06 Oct 2014, 14:15

photofinish wrote:My longest Rory freind is Dino McGartland..been friends for 30 years.....and were meeting up in 2 weeks in Liverpool

I bet he would have some wonderful stories to tell :D
RobertaSparrow

PreviousNext

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • TASTE•FUL • HOMEPAGE