RORY GALLAGHER Statue Campaign BELFAST + Approval

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

RORY GALLAGHER Statue Campaign BELFAST + Approval

Postby Jay Jay » 19 Dec 2013, 23:27

Here is a newspaper article about a campaign for another Rory statue IMHO to be rightfully erected..
At or near the Ulster Hall in Belfast is the suggested place. Where Rory Gallagher was the only musician who continued to play.. regardless of all the troubles in the passed in the North of Ireland

Click on picture to enlarge ;)
Belfast Rory Statue Hoped.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Re: RORY STATUE Campaign in BELFAST

Postby JimLED » 19 Dec 2013, 23:38

Good news, Jay Jay.

"Rory walking up with his case in his hand" ... what about of Rory walking on hot coals? :D
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby leprechaun1 » 19 Dec 2013, 23:39

i am not a citizen of Ireland but my father was and i am all for this. YES, another statue SHOULD be put there. Rory was a true hero in those times. when no one else would play there Rory did. God bless him and God bless Ireland(united as my father wished, Rory proved it can be done. he was so loved in the north and the republic.)
leprechaun1

Postby chrissy d » 22 Dec 2013, 17:11

Great idea to show how much Rory meant to N.Ireland and coming from Co.Derry I will glady help in anyway I can !!!
STILL GOT THE BLUES !
chrissy d

Postby RobertaSparrow » 22 Dec 2013, 22:26

I think it's an excellent idea. An abstract design for the memorial statue such as the one for Rory at Rory Gallagher Place in Cork would also be excellent. :D
RobertaSparrow

Postby capo » 22 Dec 2013, 22:53

I was thinking, as far as a design goes, it should be related to how Rory, through his music, brought both sides together in peace, albeit for a few hours in a concert. But I think that feeling lasted long after the show ended, one would have hoped. Anyway, we all know how at the end of his shows Rory would always step to the front and briefly touch and shake hands. I picture a image of Rory, bending down, guitar off to one side, reaching out to outstretched hands, Or, without his guitar, shaking with both his hands as was his habit. A capable artist could pull this off I think. Anyway, may Peace , however tenuous, continue forever in Northern Ireland.
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 23 Dec 2013, 07:02

capo wrote:I was thinking, as far as a design goes, it should be related to how Rory, through his music, brought both sides together in peace, albeit for a few hours in a concert. But I think that feeling lasted long after the show ended, one would have hoped. Anyway, we all know how at the end of his shows Rory would always step to the front and briefly touch and shake hands. I picture a image of Rory, bending down, guitar off to one side, reaching out to outstretched hands, Or, without his guitar, shaking with both his hands as was his habit. A capable artist could pull this off I think. Anyway, may Peace , however tenuous, continue forever in Northern Ireland.

Well said :D
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 23 Dec 2013, 17:41

I would like to donate towards the Rory Gallagher statue in Belfast. I think its a brilliant idea and he and his band were very brave to play in Belfast during the height of the Troubles and give people hope and peace. Have they fixed the Rory plaque on Ulster Hall? When we went in May it was not there. Subrata. x I am sure Brian May will support this campaign. x
SUBY1974

Postby kefan1 » 24 Dec 2013, 07:18

God bless him and God bless Ireland(united as my father wished, Rory proved it can be done.
kefan1

Postby innuendo » 29 Dec 2013, 19:17

i hope brian may gets involved.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Next

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES