Sad news from Crowley's

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Re: HELP ~ SAVE CROWLEYS MUSIC STORE

Postby Jay Jay » 11 Aug 2013, 23:36

We've all got to try and get the Rory Fans united in saving this building. From turning into another charity shop or something of the sort maybe??

I'll try and find out what the Gallagher's thoughts are about this next week.

Rock On for Rory
Slanite, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: HELP ~ SAVE CROWLEYS MUSIC STORE

Postby Jay Jay » 12 Aug 2013, 19:11

I've put the thoughts and feelings of the Rory fans about this sad situation, to the Gallagher Family.

Hopefully we will get a good response from them and Tom O'Driscoll's thoughts also maybe?

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

PS. Suby have you contacted the Crowley family or anyone connect to the shop??
Jay Jay

Re: HELP !!! PLEASE SAVE CROWLEYS MUSIC STORE

Postby SUBY1974 » 12 Aug 2013, 23:55

Hi Jay Jay I rang Crowleys today but the phone keeps ringing and ringing and I can't access their website. Good luck with finding out more from the Gallagher family as to what is happening with the store and then I guess we fans will know what steps to take next or what can be done next. Subrata.x .Why did not Crowsley appeal to Rory fans when they were faced with difficulty? Will phone them again tomorrow. X
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Aug 2013, 00:02

SUBY1974

HELP!! Cork shop which sold Rory Gallagher first guitar shut

Postby roryfan » 13 Aug 2013, 01:46

roryfan

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Aug 2013, 18:49

SUBY1974 wrote:Hi Jay Jay I rang Crowleys today but the phone keeps ringing and ringing and I can't access their website. Good luck with finding out more from the Gallagher family as to what is happening with the store and then I guess we fans will know what steps to take next or what can be done next. Subrata.x .Why did not Crowsley appeal to Rory fans when they were faced with difficulty? Will phone them again tomorrow. X

The Gallagher and Crowley families are doing their best to keep this place musical :)

Hi Jay Jay,

Yes we've known about the sad news of the Crowleys shop struggling to stay open for quite a while. Donal has been in constant contact with Sheena about the business, giving ideas for ways for a new start and potential contacts with the council to keep the building 'musical'.

Hope you're well,

Daniel
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 14 Aug 2013, 22:52

This is good news! I did FB Sheena Crowley asking her to get in touch with the Gallagher family but obviously they are already in touch.Other people who have supported the store over the years left suggestions for Sheena as well. It is hard in this digital age when things are changing so fast. I rather buy a guitar from a music shop then online cos its a more personal service. You try out the guitar, can ask the staff questions etc. How can one really do that on a computer? I know I am a different field from music, but my writing friends have done everything to support local bookstores and Waterstones amazingly so far have diversified into the digital age. Borders bookshops are gone. Anyway it would be nice to know in what way the store is going to be more musical and is there anything the fans can do? Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby JimLED » 14 Aug 2013, 23:10

Bad and good news is the same time. I gonna keep my fingers crossed for the new ideas of Sheena.

By the way, is this building we have seen at movie IT'74? Or it was previous one?
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Re: Cork shop which sold Rory Gallagher first guitar shuts

Postby The Cuckoo » 15 Aug 2013, 15:10

Music museum is a good idea. Here in my hometown our local MusicStore (that`s the name) work together with guitar teachers in their own music school. I have taken
there guitar lessons years ago. Maybe another idea for the Crowleys?
The Cuckoo

Re: Cork shop which sold Rory Gallagher first guitar shuts

Postby The Cuckoo » 15 Aug 2013, 15:12

Me again - my son took there guitar lessons, too. He can read notes - but I can´t. So he learned guitar by notes and myself by chords :)
The Cuckoo

PreviousNext

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES