Sad news from Crowley's

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Sad news from Crowley's

Postby roryfan » 10 Aug 2013, 21:19

SAD News from Crowley's Facebook Page

To all our beautiful customers .... After 87 yrs of trading as Crowleys Music Centre we unfortunately closed our doors for good at 6pm this evening. Despite our best efforts and with everyones goodwill we are unable to continue.
Obviously we love this place like our home and it will be missed.

john g
roryfan

Re: Sad news from Crowley's

Postby SUBY1974 » 10 Aug 2013, 22:07

Oh no!! Is it because of the recession? This is terrible news for Rory fans musicians. Is there no way the shop can remain open? I am really upset. I loved that store and the staff was so friendly. I feel so sad. Subrata. :o(.x
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 10 Aug 2013, 22:08

Oh no!! Is it because of the recession? This is terrible news for Rory fans musicians. Is there no way the shop can remain open? I am really upset. I loved that store and the staff was so friendly. I feel so sad. Subrata. :o(.x Rory loved Crowleys. X
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 10 Aug 2013, 22:18

The store is part of Rory's future legacy. I remember when the legendary rock venue/pub the Half Moon was threatened with closure the public saved it. Can nothing me done to save Crowleys? I am devastated. X
SUBY1974

Postby Jay Jay » 10 Aug 2013, 23:17

Such Sad news :(

I just hope, if they cannot ever reopen Crowleys as a music store again..
They can make it into a Rory Music Museum of some sort.

Crowleys Rory-Gallagher Music-Shop.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 11 Aug 2013, 02:54

Jay Jay wrote:Such Sad news :(

I just hope, if they cannot ever reopen Crowleys as a music store again..
They can make it into a Rory Music Museum of some sort.

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

It is terrible news. I was hoping to see it next year, I even promised my daughter if she would go there with me I would buy her a guitar there. :cry:

It would be wonderful to see it become the site of a museum of Rory's legacy- maybe some of the musicians who acknowledge him as their influence and inspiration would be able to buy it for that purpose if it can't remain open as Crowleys music store.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Sinner Girl » 11 Aug 2013, 16:32

:o :(
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby SUBY1974 » 11 Aug 2013, 17:07

I have overcome my initial shock of Crowleys closing but I believe when something like this happens I am a woman of action. Well RG reminded me of that last night in my mind. The solution? Well as Jay Jay said Crowleys could be make into a museum or an extension of the future Rory Gallagher Museum that Cork Council is planning. Perhaps we could all write to Cork Council or the an Irish MP in the arts. We could draw up a petition to give to Cork Council to save the music store. We would need somebody as a point of contact in Cork to lead the campaign to save the store and who better then the Gallagher family and the Crowley family together. I am very happy to donate money to the course and i am happy to write to the relevant bodies. I am happy to set up an online petition. But we all must agree on a plan of action. If Crowleys is to reopen as a music store then perhaps one needs to diversify the business. For e.g in Wembley i go to a music centre where they have guitars upstairs for sale and drums downstairs. They also hire out a room for drum and guitar lessons and this way earn a fee from the teachers and students. Also I know I don't like the recession but its does give folk like us a chance to stand together and fight. In this case it would be all those who love Rory and his music. This shop is so special. I loved guitars long before I discovered Rory's music and this shop is a part of Rory's continuing future legacy. I know there is alot of us who can't just stand by and do nothing. Also the people of Cork love and respect Rory so I am sure this has already hit the local papers over in Cork. I have seen the public save the Half Moon from closure in London which is a historic rock and roll venue and yes Rory played there. Also a bookshop was threatened with closure and volunteers and the public kept it open in London. Please lets all gather and do something and formulate a plan action. Thats all I will say for now. Both Rory and Mick Crowley must be stunned by this news. I also remember that a Salisbury Healing Centre in Edinburgh that I attend was threatened with closure and the spiritual community helped to keep it open by going to their courses they offered and telling other people about the centre. Where there is a will, there is way. Rory met his beloved at Crowleys and visited the store over his lifetime. Its a sacred and beautiful place for Rory fans. Its a sacred place. I hope something can be done and I will promise to do my bit as I am sure everyone will for Rory. Subrata. xx ROCK ON FOR RORY.

Here are two links
Wembley Music Centre http://www.wembleydrumcentre.com/centre ... fault.aspx
Saving of Half Moon http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8453475.stm

I have always like music stores in general and always popping in and out of them. Maybe we could also write to famous rock musicians and musicians who have supported Rory over the years. Maybe they can help. X
SUBY1974

HELP !!! PLEASE SAVE CROWLEYS MUSIC STORE

Postby SUBY1974 » 11 Aug 2013, 17:33

I think this will be a good thread. Subrata.x :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SUBY1974

Re: HELP ~ SAVE CROWLEYS MUSIC STORE

Postby RobertaSparrow » 11 Aug 2013, 22:15

JayJay's Rory facebook page also has fans who want to help- what about the other Rory fan sites around the world? It might be a nice focal point for all the others to rally around, maybe wake up some of the citizens of Cork to see that it might be a good thing for Cork to support- If it could happen, if Rory's family and the Crowley family could get involved, it would be kinda neat to see Rory's guitar collection- especially The Strat, on display at Crawley's- sort of like they've come home.

Maybe it would be to the town's advantage, to coordinate with the organizers of the Rory Fest in Ballyshannon, to draw visitors from all over the world to celebrate (and it might be a good boost to the local economy). Pair that with renaming the airport, and promote Rory's home as a place to be in the summertime.

It might also be a good thing for Rory's fans, to have a cause to unite behind, to work toward.

Just thinking . . .

(you know, to quote Lennon/McCartney- take a sad song and make it better)
RobertaSparrow

Next

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES