Sad news from Crowley's

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Re: Cork shop which sold Rory Gallagher first guitar shuts

Postby Madrid74 » 29 Sep 2014, 00:54

Great news Suby, a bit more info about the new Crowleys location.

This is The Oliver Plunkett where Crowleys Musician Center will be based from now on
http://www.theoliverplunkett.com/

http://www.theoliverplunkett.com/iconic-crowleys-music-centre-reopening/

Btw hope your pc will work properly again soon
Madrid74

Re: Cork shop which sold Rory Gallagher first guitar shuts

Postby SUBY1974 » 19 Dec 2014, 23:15

https://m.mixcloud.com/UCC983FM/crowley ... w-venture/ Sheena Crowley (Mick Crowley's daughter) talks about Crowleys Music Store, her father, closing of the iconic store and the new venture. Subrata.x Good luck Sheena and hope to pop in to Crowley's when we come in June 2015. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Re: Sad news from Crowley's

Postby Jay Jay » 11 Aug 2015, 18:09

Jay Jay

Postby capo » 11 Aug 2015, 18:28

Maybe they will name a burger after Rory. :( Just what the world needs, another burger joint.
capo

Postby SUBY1974 » 15 Aug 2015, 22:39

Totally saddened by this piece of news. Even though the new Crowley Music Story run by Sheena Crowley at Oliver Plunkett Bar is amazing, I had hope something of "musical interest" could have been done for the old site of Crowley's and Rory could be remembered here as well. I am vegetation, so I don't eat beef burglars ( the poor cows) and I can only hope they pay homage to Rory in some way. When I go to Cork I won't be going to the burger joint anyway. I couldn't bear it. Subrata.x :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Since 2000 the world is just going mad.
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 16 Jun 2017, 12:37

Susie and I visited Crowley Music in Oliver Plunkett Bar in Cork and its gone! Sheena Crowley is not trading there anymore. It was quite a shock I can tell you!! I thought it was doing well, because Oliver Plunkett Bar is a music venue too! I was told by bar staff Sheena is trading online but I find no weblink, apart from the FB page. I hope a new venue can be found for Crowley's in the future.
The burger bar where the Old Crowleys Music store was, does have a mural above it celebrating rock and roll.
The only other good news is, is that Oliver Plunkett have kept their Rory Gallagher tribute place nicely. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 21 Jun 2017, 21:13

SUBY1974 wrote:Susie and I visited Crowley Music in Oliver Plunkett Bar in Cork and its gone! Sheena Crowley is not trading there anymore. It was quite a shock I can tell you!! I thought it was doing well, because Oliver Plunkett Bar is a music venue too! I was told by bar staff Sheena is trading online but I find no weblink, apart from the FB page. I hope a new venue can be found for Crowley's in the future.
The burger bar where the Old Crowleys Music store was, does have a mural above it celebrating rock and roll.
The only other good news is, is that Oliver Plunkett have kept their Rory Gallagher tribute place nicely. Subrata.x

I'm sorry to hear that. I was there in 2015, and it was still in business. We bought a couple small items, I bought a capo for my classical, and Sarah bought a Snark tuner. We chatted a bit with Sheena Crowley, and she gave me a couple of photos of Rory. I hope that they will maintain a physical presence in Cork. It is dismaying to see Rory's memory slowly fading.
RobertaSparrow

Previous

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES