It's June 14th again ~ Rory's Anniversary

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

It's June 14th again ~ Rory's Anniversary

Postby Dwana Horner » 13 Jun 2013, 05:39

Whispers on the winds.."Rory"
Black Blues with an Irish lilt
Old Blues glimmering through Irish eyes
He played it full tilt

Words in my heart put to paper
I write them down with care
We remember every concert..photo song..
When he was up..all we could do was stare

Whispers on the winds has your name..
and it was "Rory"
____________________________________________________________-

"Thor" of the Strat'

No, he wasn't born on Mount Olympus
Didn't have the long blonde locks
No "Brother" named Loki

"Chocolate Brown Hair, his Axe and Irish Born"..that's what he had"

The blues came forth from his lips
Soft spoken at times
or loud like a lion
Stomping on stage with his Axe
on his hips

No..not the son of "Odin"
No "Rainbow " ride to Earth
No controlling lightning..or Thunder

Just choclate brown hair and his Irish Birth.

In my dreams I kissed you
(as I did in life)
In my dreams I hear you speak
(as I did in life)
In my dreams I hugged you close
(as I did in life)
In my dreams I hear you speak
(as I did in life)
In my dreams I miss you
(as I still in life)
In my dreams I love you
(as I wished I said to you in life)

I wrote all this in two days. My Tribute for you Rory
Dwana Horner

Re: It's almost June 14th again..

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Jun 2013, 20:57

Dwana,

That's a beautiful tribute to Rory. I wish I could be as eloquent.

I think this time weighs heavily on most of us who keep his memory close. I was working on my house, and listening to my iPod- it has a huge library of music on it from several friends' collections, and I always have it on shuffle, so anything could come up at any time. I was thinking of Rory, and his last days in this life, and not feeling so good. A song came on the iPod- no, it wasn't one of Rory's, it was a song by Lyle Lovett, a rather eccentric guitarist, lyricist, artist whom I suspect Rory might have been familiar with, a song that was released in 1992 from an album called Joshua Judges Ruth. I was thinking of Rory, and how hard his death was, and that's when this song came on:

I went to a funeral, Lord it made me happy, Seeing all those people That I ain't seen Since the last time Somebody died;
Everybody talking, They were telling funny stories, Saying all those things That they ain't said Since the last time Somebody died;
But you take a look around you, Don't it seem like somethings missing, I said something that weren't missing Lord the last time Somebody died;
You took him from the last time, To that hallowed ground, I'm praying take me to the next time Lord So I can hang around;
Then the people start to looking, And some of them start crying, And all the little children Lord they're scared, Because they ain't never seen A dead man before;

He's swimming through that Jordan, Going to the other side, But if it's all the same to You Lord I think I'll stay dry, Oh, I think I'll stay dry
Now it's a church on Sunday, It's a bar on Friday night, It's a work on Monday, The preacher Lord you know he might

Sing hallelujah, hallelujah Sing hallelujah, hallelujah Sing hallelujah, hallelujah Sing hallelujah, hallelujah

He's got church on Sunday, And he got drunk the night before, And he got his good gal when he got home, The preacher said he wants some more of that;

Now if you want to get to Heaven, Let me tell you what to do, You better grease your foot up buddy, With that old mutton stew;
And when the Devil comes after you, With them greasy hands, You just slide on over to The Promised Land;

Thank you, you've been so nice, All my friends they came, Now close the lid down tightly, And quit crying;
Because when they close them, They all look the same, And grab hold of the handle, It won't be too heavy, And take me to the graveyard.

I went to a funeral, And Lord it made me happy, Seeing all those people I ain't seen. Since the last time Somebody Died

I hadn't heard that song in quite a while, and when it got to the last verse I just lost it. I felt like laughing and crying at the same time, because the words hit me that way, and the thought occurred that maybe it was Rory, and it was his way of saying we needn't mourn for him because he is happy, he is free, he is still around.

I read an interview recently where Rory was quoted as saying: "I really didn't want my epitaph to be 'Oh Rory was great; he played exactly liked BB King', or whatever . . . "

I would never say that. I would say that Rory was an amazingly talented artist, a brilliant unique musician, a beautiful gentle man, and he played like no one else. And that we'll never forget him.

So I'll think of him, and try not to cry, 'cause I don't think he wants us to mourn him, but I will offer up a prayer for him.

God Bless You Rory, we love you and we won't forget.

RobertaSparrow

Postby leprechaun1 » 13 Jun 2013, 23:03

i heard it one time a long time ago ,"don't tell me how he died , tell me how he lived". we all feel this way i believe, when it comes to Rory. i was listening to Rory's songs today and playing some on my guitar. i didn't think of him as being dead. that's what i always do.he's such an influence to me , maybe more than i ever thought. thanks Rory, your always alive in my heart and music. i'll be sure to light a candle for him.
leprechaun1

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Jun 2013, 23:29

leprechaun1 wrote:Rory's songs today and playing some on my guitar. i didn't think of him as being dead. that's what i always do.he's such an influence to me , maybe more than i ever thought. thanks Rory, your always alive in my heart and music

Rory's Irish Flag.jpg

Ditto what leprechaun say''s above.. Rory may have passed on June 14th 1995. Yet he does live in are hearts and mind forever and ever :)

Things are gonna be so clear, When I'm light years from here, In some other space.
Let me take the tear from your eye, Leave it behind, stay by my side.. FOLLOW ME ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 14 Jun 2013, 20:58

I always love your poems Dwana and these are beautiful. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby Dwana Horner » 16 Jun 2013, 05:54

Subrata

I wrote one more thing today:

Another year gone without you Rory
"I'm at peace with that..the hurt is gone."
We listened to your music, tell of your story
play back all the concerts, raised the glass to your
Irish pride and glory.

"I'm at peace with that..the hurt is gone"
Dwana Horner

Postby Dwana Horner » 04 Nov 2014, 02:06

On special occasions I still "see" Rory in my dreams..
Holidays, his birthday, his demise. all saints day.. this year 2014

Had this dream: (We're sitting on bleachers at a baseball park (?") I'm leafing through
images the look of "Slides" the size of small photographs.
He tells me they're photos of Gerry McAvoy. (the images were blurred and the dates
on the back.. also blurred) Rory's sitting next to me and for some reason he's wearing
a brown leather coat.. (?) )

I wake up with a jolt and saw something I wont add here because it may make some of
you un easy so I wont.

I've never had a dream about Rory that included hearing Gerry McAvoy's name .. another reason why
I'm adding this dream. I don't know what this means..
Dwana Horner

Postby Dwana Horner » 13 Jun 2016, 06:15

TWENTY ONE

21 years since you've passed
Still got the memories
Got all your music
still see your face in dreams.
A sweet Memory from my past

"You're a spirit in my house."

God put you in my path
It as meant for us to meet
Saw your name in a magazine
Heart pounding in my head
First glance, first note, pure class

"You're the spirit in my house."

Been gone so long- so Long
I rarely play the music
The pain's still there
Don't understand why I'm still sane,
Every lyric is my favorite song

"I rarely see you in my dreams because..
You're the spirit in my house."
Dwana Horner

It's Rory's Anniversary

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Jun 2016, 06:58

It's an insomnia night. At midnight, when June 13 leaves us ad it becomes Rory's anniversary, I think I'll watch Taste at the Isle of Wight, and Rory will be on the big screen until, and/or while I sleep, and tomorrow I will go to mass, pray for Rory, and pray for all of us.

I came across a quote from John Lennon. A bit of synchronicity, I wasn't looking for quotes on death, or quotes from musicians about the subject, but Ioday, across my FB page was a banner that quoted John on death, " “I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in it. It's just getting out of one car, and into another.” 8-) We're all going to be switching cars eventually, ;)

God Bless and protect you Rory. And thank you for the music. And your smile. :)

RobertaSparrow

Re: It's Rory's Anniversary

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Jun 2016, 08:13

RobertaSparrow wrote:“I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in it. It's just getting out of one car, and into another.” We're all going to be switching cars eventually,

God did bless RORY with his amazing talent and now has taken him the "Strumming Angel" into his care
We his beloved fans are blessed also, to have seen and heard this guitar genius and took him into our hearts and souls :)

Rory Greatly Missed.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Next

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES