It's June 14th again ~ Rory's Anniversary

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Re: It's June 14th again ~ Rory's Anniversary

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Jun 2017, 18:02

Greatly missed.. but forever in our hearts & souls.. # Until the of end time.. you'll be on my mind # :)

Rory Greatly Missed.jpg

Remember Rory.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby AnnaMaria » 14 Jun 2017, 19:41

I was listening to Calling Card this morning and now I have been watching IT. Thoughtful, sad and happy at the same time. It is the music that makes me happy everytime I hear it.
AnnaMaria

Postby SUBY1974 » 14 Jun 2017, 22:47

Rest In Peace Rory and Ger. It was good to be at The Cork Rocks For Rory and Ger this year to celebrate the lives of two great men of Cork. You will both be missed but never forgotten. It was good to be in Ballincollig with Rory just 3 days ago and good to be with everyone who knew and loved Rory and Ger. It was an emotional weekend with the Rory Gallagher Family, Friends, Musicians and Fans of Cork. Subrata & Susie. xxxx
Rory Gallagher - I Fall Apart: http://youtu.be/iEix3rFoINs
SUBY1974

Postby Dwana Horner » 10 Jun 2019, 21:20

When I met Rory Gallagher and heard he was gone..my final thoughts.

Dwana G. Horner·Monday, June 3, 2019

When I met Rory Gallagher and when I heard he was gone (memories of my emotional ups and downs) Rory Gallagher, me an Irish connection, a spiritual connection- a gift from God, psyhchic visions, dreams, bound by a wish. We were parted by time, deception. Years of me trying to find him and maybe he was also trying? Years going by and nothing I tried came to fruition. I failed over and over and over till my emotional quest died in the winds. I sent letters all over, to magazines, radio stations, rock magazines only to be ignored. (Not too many people even knew the name of Rory Gallagher let alone tell me what happened to him. I soon decided he was retired from music and I'd never see him again. The 80's went by soon enough, went on with my life, got married and moved from state to state. I put his guitar slide in a box next to my bedroom night stand in a box for years forgetting it was even there. I need to get this all down as a record of what happenened June 14- 1995. I was living in a different home not in Cumming Georgia but in Duluth. I had the same freakish nightmare for a whole month. I'd "feel" as if I was being lowered into a grave and as I looked up, I'd see three angels flying above. I'd wake up as if I was crying all night, throat raw. I had no clue who was dead but I knew it would rip my heart and soul appart from the grief. I got this phone call one night when I lived in Duluth. It was a call from Kathy Walsh. She wanted to know how I was doing and I sounded too "Cheery" on the phone so she realized I didn't know Rory was gone. I went into instant body numbing shock, my blood turned to "Ice water" and the premonition I had about death hit me like a "sledge hammer". It was like a "Tsunami" of pain and grief I never felt in my entire life even when death took a family member. She tried to calm me down, talking about the BEE GEES.. I wept lke a "Baby" on the phone. I was like a "Zombie" when I hung up the phone, I picked up one of Rory's albums and went to where my husband was watching televison and mumbly said "My friend is dead". The dreams and visions begun. I'd see his spirit standing over my bed as I slept. I'd wake up from a deep black sleep with a jolt and see him passing through a wall. I was so angry at God for taking someone so good out of my life that I screamed at his crucifixion photo I had nailed to a wall demanding "GIVE HIM BACK TO ME.. FIND A WAY FOR US TO COMMUNICATE! YOU'RE GOD.. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!" Apparently I was heard because I was in our kitchen sitting alone one morning and decided to turn on the televison and what I heard was an "answer" that had to do with a morning talk show, a group of psychics about to come on the next day.. a wednesday. "How to talk to the dead" I used to scream into a pillow my agony and emotional grief. I hurt so bad that I litterally thought for a few seconds to end my life to be with him.. but since that wan't an option, never happened. I grew up in the Catholic Religion and committing suicide was an unforgivable sin to God. Also, that fear of spending eternity burning in hell.. ah no.. ! I was hearing them talk about "Communication with the dead" You find a quiet place to meditate. Ask for the light of God's protection- ask for a spirit guide to send the person you want to "communicate with and have a legal pad and pen to write down a message. I did all that and it took less than two minutes. I felt his spirit slam into my back and take over my hand as I wrote this down "I love you. I miss you. Play my music and no more tears" This practice is called "Automatic Writing".. where the person whose dead can "Invade" the body and control your hand.. Rory made my right hand "Vibrate" when he wanted to talk to me. When I first saw Rory play live.. I was mesmerized, couldn't move, my eyes "glued" to his every move at the Cleveland Agora. A friend talked me into going that first time. She just wanted to "Go Out" to have fun. To Dixie Emory- "Thank You'. (The rest was "Irish rock and roll history") He had me from "Jumpstreet" I got to meet him after the concert and shook his hand. I "felt" something I never experienced again.. "Two old souls recognizing one another who knew one another going back eons. I was in Apopka Florida at the time when my mother sent me a copy of a photo of my great Irish uncle James Reed. I talked to my next door neighbor Diane about him- that "This was part of me un-touched by abuse, something to be proud of. That's when I told her about the sexual abuse. She gave me a card of a therapist to talk to.. and the cost was $50. 00 an hour. I had 12 sessions and didn't need the last one. The spirit of Rory was with me through all of it and I had at this time practiced 'Automatic Writing exclusively. I wrote this down "I'm with you and I'm proud of you.'.. a message from Rory. I left nothing out I even talked about the daterape. I made the mistake of trusting a black male I thought was a friend and it got ugly on our date when we left the club where we were seeing a band I knew LEFT END. The rape was about control and not sex. I was still on my menstral period and that made him even more enraged. The rape returned my sexual abuse memories.. all of them. I blamed myself for my rape as I was blamed for being molested by my stepfather. (Dream: I see myself standing behind a sofa and my rapist head infront of me (It was total darkness all but for the two things infront of my vision) I see two hands arround his neck strangling him.. I recognized the "Hands" it was the hands of Rory Gallagher-- the same hands from my painting "Hands of the Master". Rory's way of showing me .. no one gets away with causing me this much traumatic emotional pain.) He's the angel watching over me from heaven. I wrote down a message. "If anyone hurts you: I will kill them." (Image not Rory's but close enough) When I was still in the Duluth house, I experienced a lot of parnormal events. Kitty corner from our master badroom was our den. It had no windows, no lights unless you flicked the switch. I would sit on the sofa or stand up in the dark and just talk to Rory. I knew he could "hear" me no matter how softly I spoke. Infront of me was a bookcase. I had a Translucent Angel pinned to the frame and one night I looked and it was "Glowing" with light. Rory's way of telling me he was in the room with me. One time as I stood up "talking" I felt as if someone had "grabbed me arround the waist and was "hugging me". I knew it was Rory. I have had the most VIVID dreams, astral traveling mindblowing god given things to ever happen to me in deep sleep. I had one where I'm standing on this dock with my arms tightly arround Rory's neck crying so hard, my throat was raspy and sore. I could hear myself saying "I don't want to go back! I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK!" I could feel his grip, his arms tightly arround my waist and I had my arms arround his neck.. sobbing. I was on a dock and just behind us was this "Temple" (a friend named Marianne Murphy-Maude said 'This was "The Hall of Records". The roof was rounded, arched windows, plants blooming up from the bed of the ocean, vines circuling the railing of the dock's wooden pathway that was suspended. The building itself was white marble (The Michaelanglo sculpting marble) ..glistening in the sunshine. But I was jolted back awake in my bed. Rory sent me back to my life. I recall a vivid dream of seeing Rory on our lounge that was situated accross from our bedroom..kitty corner. I'd wake up slowly and "seeing" him on the sofa, eyes closed as if napping. (This was in our Duluth home.) I used to sit on that sofa in that den just to 'talk" to him and one night I realized the "angel" pinned to the edge of the bookcase was "glowing" with this aura. I knew it was Rory's way of saying "I'm listening and I'm in the room with you." "This is the image of the Translucent Angel" This happened a lot.. waking up slowly and seeing his spirit near the foot of our bed and he's watching. He was always dressed the same: A white dress shirt and taupe dress pants. I recall one dream of him standing infront of our dresser beareau, one had over a plaque "Footprints in the sand" lifting it up halfway and letting it drop. (It was as if he was practicing levitation) he was using his left hand for this activity. (This happened in our curent home in Cumming Georgia. I have to think of the emotional pain I was in at the time of his demise. I was insane with grief and emotionally out of control. I wasn't used to a male who treated me with the utmost respect and kindness. I never once experienced any one like him who never once made an unwanted pass at me or said anything remotely like sexual harrassment. I have a friend whose convinced I was Inlove with Rory. At that time, I wasn't aware of that fact. I felt unworthy of someone like him. I used to have a stammer that made my life hard to deal with on occasion. I would think of questions to ask him because he was so shy, he would never speak first. Rory Gallagher was like an Irish "Jeckle and Hyde" the "Rory" on stage was nothing like the Rory backstage of the Cleveland Agora. We had one thing in common I never told him in life "We share the same Irish DNA" . I have to add also.. I concider Rory Gallagher a "Gift" from God to me. When I heard he was gone.. it opened a "doorway" to the otherside. I had the ability to dream my way into the afterlife and find him on the otherside. I walked through White walled hallways and find him the first six months after he died. That's how long I grieved for him. (six long months) .. that's how long the pain lasted.. that's how long I cried. One of many dreams: This was one of the most visually stunning. I was looking through a portal from space, he was standing behind me and I see all the planets all lined up in a row. This was totally mindblowing to me. I could see the stars, the heavenly bodies- all lined up as if looking into eternity. We never said a word to one another.. there was no need for verbal communications.. seeing the Sun and all it's planets all lined up was enough. I sometimes wonder if this conversation occured when Rory crossed over to face God in Heaven.. when we failed to find one another. Maybe Rory said "Allow me to come into her dreams" Maybe God said "She's been screaming at me in a rage- made her shose fall over, move, allowed her to cross over into the afterlife in dreams to find you." Maybe Rory said "Ok, that works for me- till her pain and grief ceases" Maybe I'll make the Irish sun catchers slip from the transons in the family room." Maybe Rory said "Maybe I'll make her heart rate speed up like an out of control freight train. To let her know I'm next to her?" Maybe God said "Ok I can top that one! I'll make sure she can "Feel" your vibrations." Maybe Rory said "Works for me." Maybe God said "We got a deal?" Maybe Rory said "We got a deal..sealed with love and peace. I love her and I know she loves me." To quote Captain Picaud of Star Trek: "Make it so.".. and it was done. I had a direct line between the Earth and the Afterlife.. free of charge. When we moved into our current home in Cumming Georgia- the paranormal events continued- the years went by and if recorded everything - my thoughts were "Scattered" somewhat like the "Tornado" in the "Wizard of Oz" The "Veil" between the living and the dead became thinner for me. It was like God was saying "Your life was a nightmare and this will be my "Gift" to you." Oh one thought I want understood, my visions, dreams and premonitons were real and not the result of my grief over the death of Rory Gallagher. I think this happened. . when I was fully awake, watching television in the family room. I was looking at a documentary about the late Janis Joplin and there was a close up of her face. I swear for a split second her face switched to male and it was "Rory Gallagher". I have a sence of peace knowing when I'm alone (I am not) .. when the hubby and I were on that last cruise, I had this vivid dream of him standing behind me as I relaxed in a lounge chair. I see his face and hear his voice. "I could kiss you all over" I reached behind touching his face saying "You can kiss me anyplace you like," I see his hair in the sunlight.. strawberry blonde. I have seen signs of him like the "One footprint" in the carpet" "Hearing guitar playing under the window of my den late at night when I was still up at my computer about one in the morning. One of the most vivid dreams I ever had about Rory Gallagher was this one: The Guitar Lesson. May 26- 2014 Ok I'm walking on stage and I see Rory adjusting musical equipment, tweeking the set, adjusting nobs, playback recording box (?) I see him kneeling down plugging in chords . I ask "Is it ok if I practice on one of your guitars?" He says "Ok, I'll turn on the TV Monitors so I can watch you." I pick up a guitar (not his Strat) and sit down on an arm chair that was on the stage for some reason and I start to play this music..new music. I see my fingers softly stroking the guitar strings and I'm playing like a professional. Rory's walking arround me watching me play and he's still adjusting the equipment on the stage. He pushed another background melody from this playback machine, a different back beat was playing and I was playing along with that one too. (this was soft and melodic) I practiced what the coming out at me, adding my part. Than he switched to something else and I added my own part to that on the electric guitar. (three different songs I practiced. I sat there so long that I almost fell asleep in that arm chair but made sure i didn't drop his guitar on the floor. I've had some of the most amazing, graphic, detailed dreams and visions about Rory and the best ones when he sends me music to remember. It's important that I find the notes on my piano in the basement or on my Acqoustic guitar within five minutes of waking up or the music is gone. (I have a five minute window) I had one that was totally amazing. I was listening to a song I never heard before and dancing like "Michael Jackson, I had all his moves down cold. I hear "I will always need you" that one line over and over. It was no mistake.. it was Rory's voice. It was a phonograph player, a 45 record spinning. I justs had an "A-ha moment- the bad memories from my past dont hurt any more. It sometimes take decades for old wounds to heal .. and now it's done. It's really done and this is finished. This photo of Rory's face in the clouds.. I recall a very vivid premoniton of seeing him standing in the middle of a concert stage. I'm in the very back row. I attempt to get up and I'm held back by a voice saying "No. He's coming to you." I set down and a few seconds I attempt to get up. I head the same female voice "No! He's coming to you." Once again I set down for a few seconds and a third time I attempt to get up to get closer to Rory. I hear the same female voice. "No. He's coming to you." ( I cant remember the exact date of this premoniton) The hubby and i were on a cruise in panama.. on the "Panama Canal" riding on a huge barge. It was raining off and on..every ten minutes or so the sun would come out. I suddenly look up at the clouds and I see a HUGE formation of a cloud of Rory's profile ..the rains, the cloudy sky had used the rain to form a face in the heaven like is profile, facing left, perfect outline of his hair, eyes closed. I had to be the ONLY one who saw his face.. I wasn't freaking out. I was maybe in "Shock'? I couldn't move but look up...I didn't grab my camera for some reason. (battery was low) HE CAME TO ME.. ONLY ME! Maybe there wouldn't have been an "Image" on the camera if I DID take one..?? Voice Heard in a Dream: "You have the Key to Rory".. I was looking at the box on my dresser with the "mirrors" on top to place small pieces of Jewelry and I pasted small shamrocks and put his name on the lid in Tulip plastic fast drying squeeze out paint. September 19th 2018 I spent about an hour playing back old Rory Gallagher you tube videos from others profile uploads. I felt a peace I hadn't felt in a long while. I used to feel that old sadness hearing his voice and seeing him dancing arround in videos, doing his "Chuck Berry" duck walky thing. I actually "felt" his spirit standing next to me. You know, losing someone you knew, whose been gone a long time, there are times when it takes awhile for the soul to "heal". I'm there.. This is for 2019.. it's time to print this to my face book page.
( I thought about this for a long time. I needed to put a final tribute.. love, honor, the deep visions when God allowed me to find Rory on the other side to say "Goodbye". I hope this doesn't freak anyone out. My NDE experiences helped me find him, hug him.. heal my soul. What I experienced was real..
Dwana Horner

Postby vasdis » 14 Jun 2019, 07:48

I have just posted the beautiful Can't Believe It's True on my Facebook page .My brother in law and i always have a quiet moment and play a Rory tune on this sad day R.I.P. Rory, gone but NEVER forgotten.
vasdis

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Jun 2019, 11:39

Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Jun 2019, 12:07

Rest in peace Rory, you'll never be forgotten.

RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 14 Jun 2019, 20:46

Dearest Rory,

Susie and I already had our private conversations with you in Ballincollig only few days ago. We already miss Cork, you and the Rory Family of Musician, Friends and Fans. You already know that the last 3 years has been an emotional roller coaster ride for both Susie and I....its the incredible changing times we are living in in the 21st century. Cork is such a healing place and this was no different and so is your incredible music legacy...which will last forever. You will never be forgotten. I know we are going to meet some day in another time and place. You will always be our inspiration, creative artistic guide, mentor and teacher. We adore you. Thank you so much for coming into our lives.

I bought your new album and am listening to it now. Beautiful. I am still practicing guitar and have come along way in that. Susie and I are being taught by the best teacher. :0). I will probably be a bedroom guitarist for the rest of my life but who knows. You already know about the music I am working with my brother. You know about my cousin's music and poetry. Susie is doing well in her music degree. I forget you are aware of everything. :0).

RIP Rory. I had two dreams of you. One in Cork, where you are recording new music and the other was where I was writing my novel and I look up and you were reading my manuscript over my shoulder and then you smiled. It was so lovely. I don't mind you reading my work. Bless you. Love you always. Subrata and Susie.xxx Thankyou for showing those two 10.44am on Susie's phone. It both astounded us. Also all of the signs you gave us in Cork. :mrgreen:

Rory every artistic milestone I achieve, I want to share that with you. I want you to be part of my artistic journey. You are part of mine and Susie's life forever.

Dwana and Cynthia... I believe and support the Afterlife. Science will be prove it...I will leave it at that. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjjB0Lh_2mo

Adjusted the link Suby :) Lovely post BTW. :) -Cynthia
SUBY1974

Postby Dwana Horner » 17 Jun 2019, 21:44

I'm not able to see the last three photos on this link. Some are blocked at my end. I know there's a heaven, I've had extreme
visions of Rory in the past.. we have been "connected" from the first time I met him and shook his hand. I felt a surge of
energy that cant be denied. I'm convinced we had a past life, we knew one another from that first touch of our hands.
It was like two souls finally finding one another. I "talk" to him before I go to bed at night. I know he can "hear" my words.

I have this Irish Harp candle holder in my dinning Room. It has a string of Christmas lights laced through it. I ALWAYS unplug
the lights before going to bed. Sometimes I wake up early to go to the bath room and I sometimes see the Irish Harp lit up.
I know "Rory" plugs in the lights to show me.. he heard my words. I sometimes "Hear" someone say my name in my dreams
and I'm jolted awake. It happened this morning. I got up and the Irish Harp was lit up..
Dwana Horner

Previous

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM