Where Rory lived between concerts

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Re: Where Rory lived between concerts

Postby ailish78 » 09 Mar 2016, 22:38

Flamenca wrote:
Here is Rory's flat in London for those interested in stalking :lol: :lol: :lol: - just kidding ;)
Rory's house 4 Brompton Cottages SW10 9HL.jpg
There's a big security gate so you can't get into the development even if you wanted to ... unless invited :D

I'm going to London next month. I wanted to check this out, so I had a look on google maps. I know exactly where this is. It's just along the road from the open-all-night restaurant in Fulham Rd. I spent many a sleepless night in that restaurant in the 80s. (around '84 - '85). Great chocolate fudge cake! I can't believe i didn't bump into Rory. What a bummer! He was probably touring around that time :(
ailish78

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Mar 2016, 22:51

ailish78 wrote: It's just along the road from the open-all-night restaurant in Fulham Rd. I spent many a sleepless night in that restaurant in the 80s. (around '84 - '85).

Ailish, did you know Rory wrote this song dedicated to a part of the Fulham Rd. Where he would walk at night, as he too suffered from bouts of insomnia

Jay Jay

Postby ailish78 » 09 Mar 2016, 23:14

Oh my God Jay Jay. I just remembered that me and two other girlfriends were walking along that part of Fulham Rd around 2.30 or 3 a.m. and I saw a guy come out of a building that could very well have been his flat. He had a long coat on and longish hair I think, but I didn't pay that much attention because I was a bit freaked. I turned to my friend and said 'let's get to the restaurant quickly. There's a weird-looking guy wandering about in the middle of the night.' :D , so we hurried along. Maybe it wasn't him at all, but it possibly could have been. I wasn't thinking about him at all at that time. Oh my, what a thought. Possibly my imagination is running away with me.

Thanks for posting the song :)
ailish78

Postby ailish78 » 10 Mar 2016, 08:32

Great song Jay Jay! I was listening to it this morning for breakfast. I don't think I've heard that one before. Which album is it from?
ailish78

Postby capo » 10 Mar 2016, 08:55

It's from "Jinx".
capo

Postby ailish78 » 10 Mar 2016, 09:10

ailish78

Postby Jay Jay » 10 Mar 2016, 10:56

Yes Ailish as Capo rightly said.. although not on the original Jinx vinyl album a bonus track "Lonely Mile" on the remastered

ailish78 wrote:I saw a guy come out of a building that could very well have been his flat. He had a long coat on and longish hair I think, but I didn't pay that much attention

Going by this picture that I put up recently on the other topic. Rory did have a long coat, in that period of time. :roll:

foto 20.jpg

Rock On for Rory
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby ailish78 » 10 Mar 2016, 19:55

Yes I saw that photo, but that is definitely from later I think. From you tube videos and interviews I've seen, he didn't look like that in 84 or 85. Did he dye his hair? I always wondered about that. He should have just let it go naturally grey. I think that would have suited him better. I wonder why he did that? He must have been image conscious then. I wouldn't have thought that sort of thing would have bothered him.

Where else did Rory live in London? I'd quite like to visit all the places he visited. I heard enjoyed walking in Brompton Cemetary. I wonder if he ever went to the theatre?
ailish78

Postby Annie Elliott » 10 Mar 2016, 19:59

Jay Jay thanks for that interesting tidbit! Allish78 we know how your memory plays those tricks ;)
Last edited by Annie Elliott on 06 May 2017, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
Annie Elliott

Postby Irishcelticgirl » 12 Mar 2016, 17:39

There were a couple of other places in London, can't remember exactly, long time ago. One address was something like Peachey Gardens or suchlike. He and Donal always lived within a short stroll of one another though.
Irishcelticgirl

PreviousNext

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES