Where Rory lived between concerts

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Where Rory lived between concerts

Postby Olav » 14 Nov 2012, 16:17

In the 80-s there was a long period between Rory's concerts. Sometimes for a few months. Who knows, where he lived as he didn't live in his flat in London?
Olav

Re: Where Rory lived between concerts

Postby Jay Jay » 19 Nov 2012, 21:02

Olav wrote:In the 80-s there was a long period between Rory's concerts. Sometimes for a few months. Who knows, where he lived as he didn't live in his flat in London?

Hi Olav, Rory lived near Ghent in Belgium for around 18 months I think it was?
Jay Jay

Postby JimLED » 22 Nov 2012, 22:35

And a lot of hotels, I think, that he and his band was able to find around.
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Olav » 24 Nov 2012, 11:12

As far as I know members of his band were living at their homes with girlfriends or wives. If you look at Rory's timeline there are 3 or 4 months between some concerts in 1980 - 1990. That's why I am interested because Rory didn't live in his London appartments. Thank you Jay Jay about Belgium, but maybe it was in the 70-s?
Olav

Postby Sinner Girl » 24 Nov 2012, 12:26

I'm not 100% sure but I think he lived ‎10/9/1987 Liverpool GB Royal Court ;) ;)
Last edited by Sinner Girl on 24 Nov 2012, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby Flamenca » 24 Nov 2012, 14:12

At his beach home in Cork?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flamenca

Postby JimLED » 24 Nov 2012, 15:18

This is a house of his mother he made as a gift to her. Belgium.
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Flamenca » 25 Nov 2012, 02:07

JimLED wrote:This is a house of his mother he made as a gift to her. Belgium.

I think you'll find that this house is his home in County Cork. Look at the German Macroom film of 1978 and you'll see Rory sitting at the piano in the front room after the show ... I have another picture of him in this room on the sofa surrounded by many guitars ... but it's on my work computer and I'm at home at the moment ... also this house looks Irish in terms of the style of architecture ... not Belgian ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flamenca

Postby RobertaSparrow » 25 Nov 2012, 05:56

Flamenca wrote:
JimLED wrote:This is a house of his mother he made as a gift to her. Belgium.

I think you'll find that this house is his home in County Cork. Look at the German Macroom film of 1978 and you'll see Rory sitting at the piano in the front room after the show ... I have another picture of him in this room on the sofa surrounded by many guitars ... but it's on my work computer and I'm at home at the moment ... also this house looks Irish in terms of the style of architecture ... not Belgian ...

Hi Flamenca, what does the inscription on the photo say? It's written in red on a photo with lots of red overtones and I can't quite make it out. . . the photo looks to be from the '70's. Did he spend much time in Ireland in the '80's? Seems he would have been a little less stressed if he was staying near his home at that time- I got the impression in the late 80's-90's he was away from Ireland more than anything?
Last edited by RobertaSparrow on 29 Nov 2012, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Olav » 25 Nov 2012, 09:45

That photo of the house was taken from Japanese journalist who came to Cork to take intervew with Rory. It was in 1976 or 1977, don't remember exactly, but I will check the article. It was his mother's house where he was spending time and had there some of his guitars. But "his private life was in Belgium" as it was written by this journalist. But it was in the 70-s. Rory spent time in Belgium because of the tax. And he was touring much that time. But it the 80-s he had long beaks between concerts. Still I wonder - where? Because I want to visit that places so much.
Olav

Next

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES