RORY GALLAGHER ~ School Of Music / Music Studios Cork

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ School Of Music (Proposed)

Postby Jay Jay » 21 Apr 2012, 16:21

NNR after your post previous I refer you to these two posts on the sale of Rory gear and School of Music in other guitar section ..

Post Flamenca wrote
Mixed feelings on this one JayJay. I know how tough it is in the music industry at the moment, because I work in it.
I'm not sure a dedicated Rory Music School could withstand the economic pressure. I think it might be better to try for a named Chair in an existing music school such as the Cork School of Music. Rory had a connection to it and it is part of the Institute of Technology where I believe his uncle Jimmy was the Principal. Rory was self-taught and didn't study classical music, so a performing arts place would probably be better suited than a University ...

Post Jay Jay wrote
These last two posts should be on the Rory Gallagher School of Music topic.

My vision of this Rory Gallagher school of music is nothing like you're suggesting it should be. It would be more accessible for mainly the average young girls and guys. To help some of the millions of unemployed and others.
Most musicians I know in famous bands and tribute bands in the last 50 years are self taught as Rory. It would be more like a musicians help drop in centre. For as I said on this topic. The musicians that have played for many years like you and TT, to teach and pass on their experience and knowledge of all musical techniques, applied to a chosen instrument.

Not by looking at the dots on a music sheet .. but by touch and ear taught in the workshop fashion in many cases ;)

PS. No extraordinary teachers / musicians required ;)
Jay Jay

Postby Shadowkicker » 15 Jun 2012, 17:04

only just recieved the message sorry Jay Jay , yeah I'd be up for this , or more an event where we could sort out like guitar shows like a rory exhibiton and a dorp in workshop such as flamenca suggested :)
thanks
Jamie :)
Shadowkicker

Postby Jay Jay » 15 Jun 2012, 19:51

Shadowkicker wrote:only just recieved the message sorry Jay Jay , yeah I'd be up for this , or more an event where we could wsort out like guitar shows like a rory exhibiton and a dorp in workshop such as flamenca suggested :)
thanks

Hi Jamie, yes I seen you on a video doing a little Rory style something musically, with young girls and guys..

If you got a suggestion idea place near you in the Elsmere Port or (Liverpool) area, let us know. I'll then put it to Daniel.

Cheers, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Shadowkicker » 15 Jun 2012, 23:56

Well I have tried to put a business plan together to present to my college but logistics wise it's proving difficult as it's a robo-college but I will figure it out once my overdue college work's in! First world problems... Pacific Road Arts centre would be a fantastic venue for it though just thinking, unsure on rates though as it's "closed" but still available for bookings but you have to provide everythign fo rit now which I'm sure we could muster together , it's only birkenhead so right near liverpool!
just ou tof interest which video was that ?
Thanks
Shadowkicker

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Jun 2012, 16:31

Shadowkicker wrote:just out of interest which video was that ?
Thanks
Jamie

Hi Jamie, apologies for late reply. I'm having internet connection trouble :x

It was this "Music Talks" video. I like the acoustic Toredown intro bit too :)

Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 09 Jun 2015, 16:47

It looks like my proposition 3 years ago to the Gallagher family has come to pass in a way :)

http://www.camdenpalacehotel.org/camden ... tudio.html :)

Eoin Gallagher (Rory's nephew) who is based in Cork, told me in Ballyshannon about this Camden (Rory Gallagher) Music Studios project. Which he has organized and put together with the Cork Community Arts Centre.

He also told me they will be using some of Rory's old gear. As I first proposed for young up and coming bands to perform and record with

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
http://www.camdenpalacehotel.org/camden ... tudio.html

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ School Of Music / Music Studios Cork

Postby capo » 09 Jun 2015, 17:41

That was a wonderful idea of yours Jay Jay to use Rory's gear and instruments for young musicans to use and record with. Aside from "TheStrat", and a few other iconic others, Rory's instruments should be used, and played, as I'm sure Rory would want them to be, not all behind glass. Glad the Gallaghers' used your wisdom for the new studio. Rory would be pleased its aimed for young and upcoming musicans. Peace.
capo

Postby leftyaxeman » 09 Jun 2015, 22:00

Need any guitar instructors??? ;o) I'd fly out in a heartbeat!
leftyaxeman

Postby RobertaSparrow » 10 Jun 2015, 10:27

Good news, great news. Except for The Strat, it would be great to see Rory's guitars used in that way, Rory's inspiration to help young musicians move forward. And it's probably silly of me, but that old Strat should only be handled by a select few, IMHO. That is Rory's guitar, and it always will be.

At Cork Rocks for Rory, we got to hear Barry Barnes/Sinnerboy play Bullfrog Blues through one of Rory's former guitars and amp, and that was a special moment indeed. :D
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Jun 2015, 20:36

Hi Jay Jay, Its great that the Gallagher family took up your suggestion. It will be great to see musicians using Rory's guitars. But I agree The Strat ( the love of Rory's life and "wife") should be only played by a select few worthy of playing her. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

PreviousNext

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM