RORY GALLAGHER ~ School Of Music / Music Studios Cork

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

RORY GALLAGHER ~ School Of Music / Music Studios Cork

Postby Jay Jay » 18 Apr 2012, 14:51

Rory fans and friends

I've just made a proposal to Daniel and Donal Gallagher after their explanation regarding the Rory Gallagher Instrument /gear sale in London.

I have an idea and have proposed that with all the gear that is not sold at this sale. It should go to a RORY GALLAGHER SCHOOL OF MUSIC.
For a start it would save D&D the expense of costly storage charges. Plus also it would benefit other young and older musicians that could play these instruments and amps , instead of them all collecting dust.
My idea is based on these pubs that have closed down in towns and villages in the UK over the past few years. Then the locals get together and buy the pub back and get it up and running again.

Well I'm hoping my consortium will be some of" You Great Rory Fans " to help me get this thing off and running for my plan to succeed.
My proposal would see Rory Gallagher Tribute band musicians and others giving lessons and techniques in Rory's many styles of music of course.
Jed Thomas has already said he would help with this. Jamie would this be part of your Top Priority too? Plus I'm sure Barry Barnes would do the guitar workshop type things, he's done before at the Rory fest to help these young and up and coming Rory wannabee's :)
We could even maybe have with this Rory Gallagher School of Music a Memorabilia / Museum section also.

Once we get together and all the plans laid down. We can go searching for .. as Daniel Gallagher put it 'a venue'
Preferably Rory connected for this proposed Rory Gallagher School of Music.

All thoughts and suggestions and help most welcome.

I'm sure Rory would have wanted this

Who's That Coming with me?
Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ School Of Music & Studio's

Postby Sinner Girl » 18 Apr 2012, 15:02

I support this idea JJ. The idea has features of a humanitarian character. :) :)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby innuendo » 18 Apr 2012, 15:11

very nice idea jay jay
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Jay Jay » 18 Apr 2012, 15:13

innuendo wrote:very nice idea jay jay

Daniel liked it too :)
Btw, those who contribute and help would be shareholders to this great proposed conception.
Jay Jay

Postby deuce » 18 Apr 2012, 15:19

Great idea Jay Jay. Would love to help but I can imagine there isn´t much I can do since based in Germany :( ?
...my heart´s in trouble, my soul´s on fire...
deuce

Postby Jay Jay » 18 Apr 2012, 15:27

deuce wrote:Great idea Jay Jay. Would love to help but I can imagine there isn´t much I can do since based in Germany :( ?

Hi Deuce, of course you can help as I've said above, you could be a shareholder..
Think of it as the charity shop where Donal took Rory's clothes after he had passed away?
The only difference being you will be able to come and see the place you help set up afterwards. Plus the benefits & joy it will surely give to the next generation of budding musicians ;)
Jay Jay

Postby deuce » 18 Apr 2012, 16:05

right, I see Jay Jay. I just didn´t think it would be a kind of plc or something ;)
So it´s fund-raising and then searching for a place I suppose ?
...my heart´s in trouble, my soul´s on fire...
deuce

Postby folkdeejay » 18 Apr 2012, 16:06

This sounds great - I would be up for helping out - although is it a bit late to stop the sale ??
folkdeejay

Postby Jay Jay » 18 Apr 2012, 16:18

folkdeejay wrote:This sounds great - I would be up for helping out - although is it a bit late to stop the sale ??

Thanks David, It's mainly the unsold stuff we are considering now for this Rory Gallagher School of Music but ..

That's what I said to Daniel, that the sale was a little too short notice for fans to make plans for .. Here is his explanation to me ..

Hi Jay Jay,

The event tomorrow is a preview of some the instruments, the shop isn't accepting any offers there and then. The guitar shop will be updating their website and other online sales sources so that anyone who wishes to can enquire and make an offer on the instruments, there's plenty of time.
As mentioned in the website news piece the instruments we are selling are not part of Rory's main collection, the ones that would feature in an exhibition or museum showing are being kept. We are also looking at certain places such as music schools etc where we can donate a few instruments as well.
I'd ask that fans remember that these instruments have had to be stored, maintained and insured for nearly 17 years since Rory's passing and that the main collection that will stay with us carries heavy costs, especially with the recent insurance valuations and premiums that have been placed on some of the main instruments.

All the best,

Daniel
Jay Jay

Postby maapji » 18 Apr 2012, 17:10

Many thanks for clarifying this issue! This will hopefully calm the waves.
maapji

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM