Which Woman would have been Best for Rory?

№1 RORY FORUM PAGE. For Rory Gallagher. Discuss Rory related things with respect always!

Re: Which Woman would have been Best for Rory?

Postby Chris OK » 27 Nov 2011, 05:38

Pat Benatar looks hot, and REAL happy sitting next to our hero Rory. Bibi looks great too in her profile with Rory chatting. If I ever see Pat Benatar in concert again I hope to ask her about Rory after. Hopefully her hubby will be cool about it. hehehe.
Chris OK

Postby Jay Jay » 29 Nov 2011, 15:29

Rory was asked in 1983 a similar question by Hot Press Magazine to this topic above.

Question : What would be your ideal date?
Rory : Memphis Minnie

Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 29 Nov 2011, 23:46

Yes she was one cool lady. I love her song "I Got To Make A Change Blues". I definitely want to get a definite collection of her songs. I love it when she says to her band on the song "Play! That's the thing!". Just love the song. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby Sinner Girl » 20 Dec 2011, 18:36

I think Rory and Candy Givens would be a good couple, what you think boys, and gels ??

''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby tonetanner » 20 Dec 2011, 18:47

She ain't doin' it for me.
BTW - Tommy Bolin - cool dude. Much cooler than Ritchie Blackmore.
TT
what do you think of that?
tonetanner

Postby Tokeiihto » 20 Dec 2011, 19:44

tonetanner wrote:BTW - Tommy Bolin - cool dude. Much cooler than Ritchie Blackmore.

From what I know Tommy Bolin could have made I fine woman himself. :P
A skilled guitarist with an idiosyncratic style, his collaboration with Deep Purple resulted in a surprisingly good album, although one that needs getting used to if you're only acquainted with Purple's classic output.
But cooler than the man in black. No way, Mister!
"From the fool's gold mouthpiece the hollow horn plays wasted words, proves to warn that he not busy being born is busy dying." (B. Dylan)
Tokeiihto

Postby tonetanner » 20 Dec 2011, 19:59

Getting tighter! Vocals by Coverdale or Glenn Hughes?
Yes - Bolin was very pretty.
I haven't read it, but I think the main motorhead roadie wrote a book about 30 years ago. He describes a night where there is a party in a hotel.
At around midnigt, Ritchie Blackmore knocks on the door in his pyjamas (with 'RB' on the lapels), and asks them to turn the musc down. :lol:
TT
what do you think of that?
tonetanner

Postby Tokeiihto » 20 Dec 2011, 20:16

Coverdale. Hughes pants were way too tight. :P Coverdale during his Purple tenure wasn't that bad. Well, he always was kind of a second class Robert Plant rip-off (Just listen to 'Mistreated'!), but at least I could take him somewhat seriously. Not so much later when he founded Whitesnake and transformed himself into this ridiculous oversexed frontman with blond dyed hair who spouted off embarrassing lyrics. Man, that was awful.

Both pale in comparison to Ian Gillain though.

Yes, Blackmore is one weird dude. :lol:
By the way, not only was Bolin a "pretty" young man but he was into dressing in drag aka he liked to wear women's clothes. Not that I'm judging.
"From the fool's gold mouthpiece the hollow horn plays wasted words, proves to warn that he not busy being born is busy dying." (B. Dylan)
Tokeiihto

Postby innuendo » 20 Dec 2011, 22:43

Tokeiihto wrote:Coverdale. Hughes pants were way too tight. :P Coverdale during his Purple tenure wasn't that bad. Well, he always was kind of a second class Robert Plant rip-off (Just listen to 'Mistreated'!), but at least I could take him somewhat seriously. Not so much later when he founded Whitesnake and transformed himself into this ridiculous oversexed frontman with blond dyed hair who spouted off embarrassing lyrics. Man, that was awful.

Both pale in comparison to Ian Gillain though.

Yes, Blackmore is one weird dude. :lol:
By the way, not only was Bolin a "pretty" young man but he was into dressing in drag aka he liked to wear women's clothes. Not that I'm judging.

i agree with you about coverdale. i really don't like whitesnake, they have like a million songs with a word "love" in the title or variation of that word like "loving". very unoriginal lyrics, stupid lyrics actually although there were some good players in whitesnake through the years (my favorite is cozy powell).
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby BIBI » 11 Jan 2012, 00:47

[/quote]
that's bibi jim. i saw another photo from the 70's of her where she looks more similar to pat.[/quote]

Well, Pat looked like Pat, Bibi like Bibi and Rory as Rory...end of story!!!
Best regards from Brussels,
Bibi
BIBI

PreviousNext

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • TASTE•FUL • HOMEPAGE