Which Woman would have been Best for Rory?

Rory Gallagher's No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Re: Which Woman would have been Best for Rory?

Postby Tom Jonas » 16 Apr 2016, 21:04

My absolute first love. The only time I really have been in love. Going home in the morninglight at 05.00 A.M. with all birds singing. I still love the image of her from those years. Now we must count, she is born 1952, so that would have made her been suitable. Just as a hypothetical example. We were too young, she wanted freedom and I understood her views. And I moved to Uppsala University for 5½ years of academical studies. Around Uppsala University there were 5000 female students, but he first years were wasted because of the thought of her. After a couple of years I heard that she was pregnant with one of her School mates. Finito for me.

I eventually met my wife 1972 and we have spent happy years since then. Two wonderful kids with excellent education and future. I never will love anyone like that this first girl, but I have no idea if we could ever have lived together, which I eventually could with my wife. All interests shared, no serious troble.

Some year ago I got in contact with my first love. Divorced after 20 years of marriage, he found someone else.

Well, this was/is my favourite girl/woman forever and ever. If we make rediculous speculations, she would have been fine
Tom Jonas

Postby Regina » 21 Jun 2016, 01:36

Hello, friends ! Is my 1st post here as Rory´s fan... talking till today about him & his life, trying to keep alive the eternal flame surroundind the fantastic Rory.... I read all written in this topic & it was really interesting... I cannot imagine WHO could to fill completely Rory´s life refering love, marriage, children, WOMA(E)N .... Maybe only he really KNOWS IT & maybe he carry with him this aspect of his real feelings as a man... & so, here we are - SUPPOSING lots :D :shock: But really, I think if this (these... :shock: ) woman really existed, I think he would let all people - or even just a few selected people of his confidence - to know it (despite his alleged timidity :| ...)! That simple ! Why secrets ? Just based on the fact that he was fond of films and detective novels, which would entail elaborate secret plots ? I think it's too much fantasizing someone's life, that even though the magnitude that was (in the simplicity and humility that was propagated as typical traces of him, he was first of all a wonderful HUMAN BEING, which have high by features beyond the usual, to be smart, a beautiful man (inside/outside...), a difficult charisma to be found, PRECIOUS too much, however, I can´t imagine "secret loves" at this point .... As for women mentioned (Catherine, Laura ..... :| .) I think that I can´t recant nothing (or could), but I think something very simple: if FACT EVEN any woman (or even MAN :? ) had something of relevance with Rory, I think that she/he would figure (married, divorced, lovers ... whatever) highlighted! NOW, THERE ARE MANY YEARS AGO, in the annals of history of Rory and I suppose that his brother, who so jealously took care of so many things about him, somehow, would know & I would not have HOW or WHY not mention the subject, as would be part of history Rory life! And as I see, Donal never did it !! Instead, mentioned but only "in passing", some unsuccessful attempts "Rory in trying to lead a family life of wife and children, without having been successful with someone firmly". He cites only the fact that some temporary connections that have come to nothing .... who? At least I never read nothing about it! But I may be mistaken, after all, I am contemporary of Rory, vaguely remember him in the 70s (I was a very young then, I was a pre-teen), but at the time, did not call me in his work, despite having read mentions of him ... very surprised, years later learned of his sad death ... yet not remember even be a few years ago enjoyed any music of him !!! Then I "re-discovered" him recently & I stayed SORRY, SORRY, SORRY for not paying due attention for him at the time he was alive ... Today, clearly realize the enormity of what he was, what it meant & I understand that even in his absence, he is present every day in my life, which only proves that what is GOOD (GREAT !!), no doubt that lingers, is TIMELESS, is ETERNAL! And whether he was gay (or not), had loves - women & / or male - secret or platonic, what STAYED was his fantastic work (Interrupted so early .... how sad) to miss those who knew him and the frustration of that those who not had the chance to know him in YOUR TIME! In time, I am Brazilian, it seems to me, as M. Felix ... the pleasure is all mine, guys!
Last edited by Regina on 21 Jun 2016, 14:34, edited 2 times in total.
Regina

Postby M.felix » 21 Jun 2016, 03:20

Yes, Regina I am Brazilian like you .
Bem-Vinda
M.felix

Postby Regina » 21 Jun 2016, 14:37

Thanks a lot, M. Felix - I am very happy staying here with all of you ! Kisses to all... nice to meet you here
Regina

Postby ailish78 » 21 Jun 2016, 19:32

Welcome Regina. What you wrote is very nice and true, but as a woman who still loves him deeply, I cannot help but wonder. I've just returned from a wonderful 4 days in Cork. I went on a bit of an adventure to visit Rory's grave and stangely enough, on the way back from the cemetary at a remote bus stop I met a woman who grew up with Rory. I had many questions for her as you can imagine. She told me that there were a lot of beautiful Cork women hanging around him and the other band members, but Rory never had any relationship with any of them. She was unaware of this forum or any of the speculation on here or the rekindled interest in Rory and his music after his death. I found what she had to say very interesting.
ailish78

Postby Regina » 22 Jun 2016, 00:07

Thanks, dear Ailish78 for the welcome! How wonderful, beloved, you have had the opportunity to visit the places so loved by Rory when alive ... unfortunate (but real), the "compulsory" pilgrimage to his grave, something sad, I suppose, for all fans, but quite understandable, after all is the last tribute we can do - revere his memory listening to their music, viewing your images in videos and publications, going to pray at his grave, if possible ... I live "millions of miles away" from Ireland, so that, what rest to me is to raise heaven prayers that he is in a wonderful place and be happy, somehow, as a good spirit, "feeling" a great affection that we even today, many years after his terrible game, feel for him .... Missing you make us, Rory! I'm here today imagining him TODAY, alive (!!!) with the gray-haired, 68 years old, "MARRIED" with ????, with children and grandchildren around him (wooowww!!!), still GREAT, A Master, with so much good things still to show us! We have a word in Portuguese that is not translated into English and very expresses the sense of the LACK that someone too loved one can become in our day to day: the word is "SAUDADE"...the time minimizes and the need is to continue, but nothing cure ever! "Rory, darling ... we all really miss you !!!" Again, Ailish78, is very good "to see" you!! Tks, kisses, beloved!!
Regina

Postby AnnaMaria » 02 Jul 2016, 20:01

I just read a quote from Eric Clapton "My dedication to music has driven everyone away. I had girlfriends, but I always end up on my own. I dont particularly like it, but I don´t see a way round it."

I was thinking about Rory even if I don´t compare him with Clapton, they are different exept for blues and guitar.
AnnaMaria

Previous

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM